Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

You mean like how it was in IPB2? Sorry there is now way to use that. The default post editor is now a Rich Text WYSIWYG Editor, As you create/type your post its basically what it will look like once it's posted. Yeah its a little odd at first when inserting images and stuff, but give it some time and I think you will find it rather speedy. You can switch between using the Rich Text Editor or Source Editor though. The forums will remember that setting for you each time you post. The only downside to using the Source Editor is you must manually type in BBCodes, access to the fancy menus is disabled when using this mode.

Dunno what you did there, Sonic, but when opening a lightbox on the main site that is over a video, the video will disappear to avoid interfering with the image. Here's to better feed visibility! B)

Also will you reset the user count for the most people online on a given day, Sonic? (last one was 841 users and bots on May 19, 2011)

I hope this upgraded forum will have fewer or no bots in this forum.

Those weren't bots. Those were real visitors looking at my Mammoth Mk. II wallpaper that got 5000+ views. Plus, at this rate, we won't get beyond 70 in a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

Yeah, the record before that was caused by bots, but after the official C&C Facebook reported on Plokite_Wolf's wallpaper, we got a massive influx of visitors that broke old records.

Dunno what you did there, Sonic, but when opening a lightbox on the main site that is over a video, the video will disappear to avoid interfering with the image. Here's to better feed visibility! B)

Honestly I didn't do anything, probably something in YouTube's coding.

Also will you reset the user count for the most people online on a given day, Sonic? (last one was 841 users and bots on May 19, 2011) I hope this upgraded forum will have fewer or no bots in this forum.

Yeah that record is legit. Its our record. It coincides with our record setting 4455 users online that day, spread across the whole site. Have a peek at the stats http://extremetracking.com/open;sum?login=cncnzx

forumscncnzcomtopic1612.jpg

Sorry I *knew* I should have posted a screenshot.

I think it did subtly change when I changed refreshed again before posting... at least I don't remember the distinct border on the quote as much in today's screenshot above. But it would be nice if we can change the quoted text to have a different shaded background to make it clearer to read and make the distinction. The blue on blue makes it too hard, well for me at least. :)

I just went back and looked at the CSS for the quote boxes on the cncnzBlueRes IPB2 theme. What you see here on the new forums is 99% the same. The only difference is the gradient bar (which is a nice effect I think) and the rounded corners. Everything else, like the background, blue borders, silver text etc... its all the same. Its probably the change in font style that's throwing you off a bit. We used Verdana before, now we use Arial.

One of the best aspects about IP3 is the ability to install "Hooks", this are like patches that Admins can install to patch in new features, improve on existing feature or fix bugs. Just installed the first bug fix patch today.

• Installed a hook that fixes a bug which prevents topic tags and prefixes from being changed by anyone except the original topic starter.

• Upvote 1

Found an odd bug. Editing and saving a post containing an "&" character in Source mode seems to sometimes show and save it as "&" the next time it is edited.

[edit]

Meh, seems it's to be filed under the same random mess that sometimes removes all line breaks from my post when I load the editor. Seriously, there's some dodgy behaviour in there -_-

Well you can, change to the Source Editor and your in BBCode heaven.

But yes I will agree the Rich Text Editor is a little buggy and acts kind of odd at times. From what I've read and been told. The Post Editor, called CKEditor is a third party and not made by IPS. The official site for is at http://ckeditor.com/.

Sounds like none of you like anything new at all.

'nother bug. If a title of a thread has "C&C" in it, the forums change it to "C&c" even after editing.

Also, will the Media code feature ModDB any time soon?

'nother bug. If a title of a thread has "C&C" in it, the forums change it to "C&c" even after editing.

Really? Can't say I've noticed. Probably not "bug" but some type to setting that can be changed somewhere.

Also, will the Media code feature ModDB any time soon?

Yes, its on my to do list.

I'm a bit behind on things, I had no access to the entire site for most of yesterday.

Revora and CnC Guild had the same issue, don't fred ;)

Cleaned up all the emoticons (aka smilies). Removed the ugly IPS default set. Restored the classic set from the IP2 theme, Sorted the order for most commonly used, and the mini C&C game specific icons.

:):(;):D^_^:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsdown::PB):mad::o

Why are there two claps?

:clap: :clap2:

Just added ModDB videos to the Media tag.

http://www.moddb.com/media/iframe/511235

[media]http://www.moddb.com/media/iframe/123456[/media]

When posting a ModDB video you only the URL that comes after the src="http://www.moddb.com...a/iframe/123456"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.moddb.com/media/iframe/123456" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why are there two claps?

Oops, fixed now.

Ok, I think I've sorted this out. You can now use "C&C" and it won't change to "C&c" when posted.

• Upvote 1

Just made a very small change to the quote boxes. Made the background a slightly darker blue, should appear just a little different to the main post body colour. Ctrl + F5 to see the change. I tried a black background but I didn't think it looked right.

I feel they look best in Firefox as well. Stupid IE can't do the gradient stuff so its all blue. IE is so ****!

YlKJ7.png

OIP0G.png

EZwbc.png

Something else that has been bothering me is the vertical layout of the threads. Did we have thread creator and date information posted under each thread before? It really limits the amount of information on screen at a certain time. Now when I open the forums page, I can only see two threads... Can we not move the "started by..." line?

forumscncnzcomforum27co.jpg

I guess I think, on a widescreen monitor, that second line should be moved up to the same line as thread name if possible. This might be just something I need to get used too, but I would like to see more information on screen than what I can see currently.

IE could be worse, but it's probably the CSS that IE's not picking up.

[EDIT] I checked the CSS and it's using browser specific so of course it won't work! It's not IE this time... mostly.

[EDIT2] I fixed it in IE with a new CSS rule and it works. Tested and confirmed.

I guess I think, on a widescreen monitor, that second line should be moved up to the same line as thread name if possible. This might be just something I need to get used too, but I would like to see more information on screen than what I can see currently.

I honestly don't see a problem. I guess I'm missing your point. Moving the "Started By" line it not a good idea and won't be happening. Even it if did move there would be an empty space due the stuff to the far right.

IE could be worse, but it's probably the CSS that IE's not picking up.

[EDIT] I checked the CSS and it's using browser specific so of course it won't work! It's not IE this time... mostly.

[EDIT2] I fixed it in IE with a new CSS rule and it works. Tested and confirmed.

Fixed what exactly, to what are you referring to here? :confused:

Just made a very small change to the quote boxes. Made the background a slightly darker blue, should appear just a little different to the main post body colour. Ctrl + F5 to see the change. I tried a black background but I didn't think it looked right.

I feel they look best in Firefox as well. Stupid IE can't do the gradient stuff so its all blue. IE is so ****!

Opera CAN do gradient stuff, and isn't showing it either.

Fixed what exactly, to what are you referring to here? :confused:

The quote boxes on IE, they now look like the picture you posted of Firefox.