Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

Fixed what exactly, to what are you referring to here? :confused:

Gradients in IE.

Opera CAN do gradient stuff, and isn't showing it either.

Updated for Opera. It works here. Does it work for you too?

Sonic my comment is not a problem it's a preference since I like to see more information onscreen by default. I went looking for a comparison shot to explain and realised it probably not the second line that is my issue since we had those before - I think it's the spacing between threads.

x5DNx.jpg

See Reborn forums have switched over to BlueHell they haven't made the switch and you can see the thinner gaps I mean.

Again this is just my preference... but reborn almost fit 3 threads in for every 2 of ours.

Again this is just my preference...

Mine as well.

Ok so what that translates to from my perspective is I don't need to fix anything here. Like you said its your preference. Everything you see here on IPB3 is IPS' design, which I like, all we did was change the colours. You want everything squeezed into little boxes, while I prefer things spread out. Again, its a preference thing.

Ok so apparently this is an unexpected result of our desire to spread all over the internet.

;)

Just added 2 more things that need fixing since the forum upgrade.

Still to be fixed

• Clean up the help files
  • Sort out the missing the calendar

Please bring back some of the good smilies as additions such as tongue.png and sleep.png. I like them, especially that tongue.png is better than :P .

No those won't be coming back. They look hideous. Much prefer the smaller classic set to be honest.

I'd prefer the vb set so we get a better :P emot. And just some better ones overall. I have an awesome set over at FS. :P

Speaking of updates, is it really neccassary to have the Gender option listed below everyones avatar when posting?

<----

I mean I'm sure some people might forget what sex they are, but its hardly interesting.

I'll look into and see what I can do. I agree it seems kind of silly to have it there. it really should only be viewable on the users profile page I think. But maybe some people need reminding every now and then ;)

Here's another thing, links become really hard to see in unapproved posts, as they are red on red.

Yes I noticed that, its on my to do list... honest ;)

Only admins/mods can see them anyway but it something to be fixed.

I'll look into and see what I can do. I agree it seems kind of silly to have it there. it really should only be viewable on the users profile page I think. But maybe some people need reminding every now and then ;)

At least 99% of the users in this forum are guys. :P

Should be that way now.

Here's another thing, links become really hard to see in unapproved posts, as they are red on red.

Colours fixed for unapproved topic/posts. Ctrl + F5 to see the changes. As I said before, only us admins/mods can see them though.

Can we tweak the lightbox for image posting? It's sort of annoying when I want to right click an image to get the link to it, but it opens a lightbox instead.

No need to "tweak it". Just left click to open the image in a lightbox, then click the download-icon.png icon. This will open the image a new window.

Still too many clicks. I want to right click the thumbnail and have it be right there. It's highly annoying for a link honestly. I'd just disable the behavior, but that's just me.

Well I don't plan on making any changes to the lightbox coding just yet. Or disabling it because you don't like it. No offence intended of course. Personally like the lightbox idea.

Another quick way to get the image without loading it in a lightbox is to just left click, hold and drag it to your browsers tab bar. If that's still "too many clicks" for you than sorry for wasting your valuable time :P:haha:

6263q.jpg

If you right click the image whilst its still 'fading in' you get the image context menu and can save it. That works for me. :)

I don't have a problem inserting images. Was there a new change in that?

@Luk3us. At least you could have created a thread about that Expendables 2 movie cast. :P

Edited by zocom7

I don't have a problem inserting images. Was there a new change in that?

Not inserting images. We are talking about how images open inside the fancy Lightbox effect. Learn more here http://en.wikipedia....box_(JavaScript).