Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

As I mentioned in the pic of the day thread... I find lightbox annoying in that thread. In the news threads it's okay because we're looking at a thumbail and the behaviour is expected... but when the picture is show more or less in full... saving or finding the url is really annoying.

So my request would be to limit the lightbox to specific forums if possible...

So my request would be to limit the lightbox to specific forums if possible...

Not possible. Its either on or off. The lightbox is a cool feature so it stays on. The forums automatically resize big images (larger the width of the forum of course) and then to the larger version it opens in a lightbox. And one thing I've noticed, once the image is open inside the lightbox I can right click and save as in Firefox.

Why is it that everything IPB3 has introduced many of seem to not like it? You guys appear to not like anything changing at all :unsure:

I really can't think of anything that I like better since the upgrade... I have always preferred simplicity over flashy though, and this, like so many other software upgrades, makes everything so user-friendly that it alienates those that already knew what they were doing.

Still, I wouldn't say the new forums are bad, just not better.

All my own opinions, of course.

The Lightbox is really the only thing that's annoying because it's on EVERY ****ING IMAGE. It should be limited use, or just disabled since the image scaling would still happen but with a new window like it did in IPB2.

You're lucky this isn't 3.1.3, that was a bad upgrade for ipb. 3.2.3 is decent, look forward to 3.3.x coming out sometime next jan/feb ;P

3.1.3 is one of the reasons why I put off the upgrade for so long. I heard all the horror stories from various sources. I'm happy with 3.2.3, there are some things that still need to be worked on though. But from what I've seen IPS have some good stuff planned for 3.3.x and beyond.

• Upvote 1

Not possible. Its either on or off. The lightbox is a cool feature so it stays on. The forums automatically resize big images (larger the width of the forum of course) and then to the larger version it opens in a lightbox. And one thing I've noticed, once the image is open inside the lightbox I can right click and save as in Firefox.

Why is that? We didn't have lightbox everywhere before, just on the news forum.

Why is it that everything IPB3 has introduced many of seem to not like it? You guys appear to not like anything changing at all :unsure:

In this case, IMO, we are lumbered with additional, unnecessary steps, to do the same thing we could do before.

Why is that? We didn't have lightbox everywhere before, just on the news forum.

Because the lightbox coding is part of IPB3. Where as I added it via some custom coding when these forum where IPB2.

• Upvote 1

Ok Sonic. I thought that was the case. I think it's a downgrade, but I've already said that.

Onto the reason for my post - is this a local bug that I keep seeing & in the middle of C&C? I normally see that bug when it's cut and pasted - but seems weird that Mal (the Voice of Reason) would cut and paste "C&C".

forumscncnzcomtopic1632.jpg

I did not Copy and Paste the words C&C. I noticed such problems are extremely common when I posted, and decide to edit the post after that.

I also notice another problem. If I wanna edit post it is almost impossible to enter to the full editor mode on FireFox. Any suggestions?

Can I disable the pop up thingy whenever I wanna log in?

full editor mode on FireFox. Any suggestions?

Click on "More Reply Options" to enlarge your post box and then click on the switch icon above the Bold command

Click on "More Reply Options" to enlarge your post box and then click on the switch icon above the Bold command

I mean when you want full editor mode when editing your posted post. You try, it aint working well on FireFox.

I have FF 8.0, I know what I'm talking about

EDIT: 8.0.1 - iFail :facepalm:

34216901.png

Ok, here's a screenshot, I tried clicking on the full editor mode, it aint working.

Second problem, I tried cancel or save changes, it aint working. The only way is to refresh it to get it working temporarily.

Edited by Malevolence

The thing works, dunno what's the problem

Working fine for me too. Dunno what the deal is. Perhaps clear you cache entirely? Sounds like a caching issue really.

Onto the reason for my post - is this a local bug that I keep seeing & in the middle of C&C? I normally see that bug when it's cut and pasted - but seems weird that Mal (the Voice of Reason) would cut and paste "C&C".

This can happen when you switch between using the rich text editor and source editor.

Can I disable the pop up thingy whenever I wanna log in?

What "pop up thingy" when you login?

34216901.png

Ok, here's a screenshot, I tried clicking on the full editor mode, it aint working.

Second problem, I tried cancel or save changes, it aint working. The only way is to refresh it to get it working temporarily.

I know the problem your describing here. I've experienced it myself many times. You click the edit button but the post editor doesn't load correctly or something. The only I've figured it so far is to refresh the page, click edit again and it works fine. I suspect there still some bugs with the 3rd party post editor.

IP.Board 3.3.3 is expect next month I think. It should go along way to relsove some of the niggling issues that are present in 3.2.3.

Added quick access icons for the Lightbox and Media tags to the toolbar on the Post Editor.

media.pnglightbox.png

If you would like see other added for quicker access post it here.

Added quick access icons for the Lightbox and Media tags to the toolbar on the Post Editor. media.pnglightbox.png If you would like see other added for quicker access post it here.

Finally some easy icons to have better accessibility when sharing videos!

Anything from the the Special BBCode menu can been given a "shortcut" on the toolbar. Like I said if anyone thinks we need more on the toolbar reply here. But I think we are covered. From what I understand most people simply type the required BBCode anyway.

More additions today. Something that we had when it was IBP2. The user group legend bar is back on the main index, near the bottom of the page.

Woo, finally.

Tag system improvements. Enabled the Also Tagged With feature. At the bottom of the topic view and if the topic has tags, other topics with the same tag(s) will be displayed underneath the fast reply box.

• Upvote 1

Well that's kind of interesting... I doubt I will use it, but I imagine casual browsers will find it useful.