Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Game Booster 3

Guest Rabbit

I found a neat little program out there by IOBit. It's called Game Booster 3.

The program is designed to turn off all unnecessary system processes when you are playing games or using a program that requires a lot of memory and priority. It is turned on and off at your command, and for me, it has honestly made my computer run faster during gameplay.

It's easy to use, free, and the webpage gives a bit of info on how to use it.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Nothing new to me. But this may help lower-end users.

Nice post though!

Hmmm, might consider this. But I wonder what do they consider "unnecessary system processes"...

Explorer.exe is unnecessary? WHOA....

Guest Rabbit

I've used it, don't worry. It doesn't actually close explorer or anything. It just makes it dissappear while your game is active, from what I've personally seen. For example:

Whenever I alt + Tab out of a fullscreen game, it takes about 3 seconds for explorer to unfreeze. Simple as that.

I have enough processing power to handle my background stuff and play the game so this isn't going to help me all that much, but it'd still be handy for people with crappier equipment.

Guest Stevie_K

I guess I fit in to the mediocre gamer category that this thread is aimed at.

Thank you. I'll check out the effect on BF3 tomorrow.

I have enough processing power to handle my background stuff and play the game so this isn't going to help me all that much, but it'd still be handy for people with crappier equipment.

My point exactly. :P

Yeah there is a similar application as part of the Tuneup Utilities package I have. Its nice if you want to squeeze those last few mhz out of your processor, but I imagine most people would have comps sufficient in uberness to do without.

Feedback from my brother, whose laptop has been running quite sluggishly for a long time (hell, he even gets a Virtual Memory Too Low window on MS Word 2002 that's delayed for 10 minutes because there is no virtual memory to display the message :P ) - GameBooster can run all non-game processes, including Firefox, many times faster, even in a laptop that was the cheapest one in the store six years ago! And we were just discussing about formatting it...

Cheers to the programmers! :thumbsup:

Bit of a bump here because it seems Game Booster 3 is no longer going to be free software in five days.

So if you want it, or think you might ever want it, grab it now before it's too late.

Personally, my computer can run everything I want, but I use this anyway on high-end games just so it doesn't have to run as hard.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded 3.4 and 3.5 beta.

Heh... Just disable a lot of unecessay services in Windows. XP got some, vista and 7 got a lot! :P

I just keep my eye in the task manager... Using mutch CPU? is it necessary? no? KILL IT!

Edited by pichorra

There's a reason why Iobit may want Game Booster to go retail instead of freeware starting with version 3.5. What an epic mistake. Every other product that Iobit made is freeware except for some that are retail.

Every other product that Iobit made is freeware except for some that are retail.

Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Just leave alone: explorer.exe, lsass.exe, winlogon.exe, taskmgr.exe and you no need such applications.

You need a few more than that otherwise Windows will force you to reboot.

So run in "emergency mode".

Just leave alone: winlogon.exe

LOL

So run in "emergency mode".

That's fine until you close a critical service or manager you need for running the game. Windows is picky like that.

That's fine until you close a critical service or manager you need for running the game. Windows is picky like that.

1st time i hear about such problems. Windows can easly pick up required services.

Blah, blah, blah.

Game Booster isn't a necessity, it's a utility. Either you want it, or you don't - there is no purpose in arguing over it.

The point is that you only have a few days left to make up your mind before the thing loses freeware status.

Guest Haha Okay

Probably either a copyright issue or they make more money with all the advertising and secondary tools they put onto it if it's free.

I would like Game Booster where it is right now, and it should be forever free.