Sign in to follow this  
rodrigames

DOS version 1.22 ISOs found

Ladies & Gentlemen of CNCNZ.COM,

I've finally found out where the ISOs for DOS version 1.22 of Tiberian Dawn have been uploaded. They're available at http://pcisozone.com...nd-and-conquer/, but, unfortunately for those who have been impatient and wanted these ISOs to be legally uploaded onto Command & Conquer fan sites shortly after the legal freeware uploads of Windows version 1.04, these DOS ISOs weren't uploaded until the month of April, 2011. I apologize for the inconvenience. I've already tested them with Windows version 0.74 of the DOSBOX emulator along with Windows version 0.73 of the DOSBOX Game Launcher front end, and they work. I still have yet to burn these DOS ISOs onto blank CDs, because none of my blank CDs or DVDs are being detected by the used CD/DVD burners I currently have. If I had the burnt CDs inserted into the CD ROM drives, I'd test the installed game with Windows version 2.10 of the VDMSound emulator. I've already tested these DOS ISOs with Daemon Tools Lite, but they don't work. I'll let you decide how they work for you. You're welcome.

BTW: I apologize for arguing with Nyerguds that VDMSound is a dead and incomplete project. I didn't know back then that it was updated from beta version 2.04 to stable version 2.10. Now I call it a complete and retired project.

Edited by rodrigames

Fun from a nostalgic view I guess. But with the C&C Gold ISOs freely available, and easier to get working for most people, I doubt there is much interest in these.

WoW! I always wanted these ISOs, but i never could find it!

I will burn those in a CD and test in my computer with MS-DOS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Edited by pichorra

Ooh, awesome. I knew this existed, but I never found the actual ISOs. As a collector of all things C&C1, I thank you very much for posting this :)

And, although I don't really remember the specific discussion, your apology is accepted. I know I much prefer VDMSound in some situations, more specifically on 32-bit systems with limited CPU capacity, simply because it's faster, but besides that, DOSBox is definitely useful too :)

...especially with 64-bit Windows systems no longer supporting 16 bit <_<

I used to have the DOS v1.07 isos uploaded on my personal site, but after I got some bandwidth problems, I replaced them by an iso with the bare essentials; a GDI disk with the videos and music stripped.

nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/isos/GDI-DOS-lite.rar (13 mb).

Anything missing from it (including the Nod stuff) can be filled in with the freely available C&C95 isos anyway... well, besides the hidden unused music, I guess.

Meh. I'll upload full isos of all that stuff later, on megaupload or something.

Again, you're welcome. I'd also like to point out that I renamed these DOS ISOs to GDIDOS.ISO and NODDOS.ISO, because DOSBOX works best with file names with eight characters or less (Twelve or less including the file extension).

I prefer mounting them externally with Daemon Tools, and mounting the Daemon Tools drive in DOSBox as normal CDROM. Not sure, but I think that'll allow me to switch CDs ingame.