Sign in to follow this  
Plok

New Tiberium Essence Nod Units

The creator of the Tiberium Essence mod for C&C 3: Tiberium Wars has added four new Nod units: the Nightwind Transport, Cyborg Reaper, Cyborg Commando and a redesigned Avatar, which has a more MechWarrior feeling to it. Here are some samples:

There are more images available at their ModDB profile.

I like the new heavier cyborgs, reminds me of Quake 2 and that's great.

Haven't you forgotten, Plokite_Wolf, that Carnius is the only creator and developer of the mod itself? He didn't even need a team to develop this mod except for the fan made maps and mission campaigns.

Haven't you forgotten, Plokite_Wolf, that Carnius is the only creator and developer of the mod itself? He didn't even need a team to develop this mod except for the fan made maps and mission campaigns.

I obviously have. I only remember that you are the only one working on the Reloaded series of mods.

I'm not really a fan of the new models. My general carelessness for TE aside, Carnius went 180 degrees against Nod's design doctrines with these models. They are heavy and bulky. Nod units are supposed to be sleek and light, almost fragile at times.

I'm not really a fan of the new models. My general carelessness for TE aside, Carnius went 180 degrees against Nod's design doctrines with these models. They are heavy and bulky. Nod units are supposed to be sleek and light, almost fragile at times.

I really hate to say this but you're really one to talk about these going against NOD design doctrine as compared to some of the things you've come up with yourself. I don't intend this as a bad thing.

These units may be heavier in terms of what they are but they follow classic NOD but still keep that tiberium wars feeling. The Cyborg Commando has always been a power house unit but it looks smaller and smoother then the previous but the reaper. Its needed a heavier look since its essentially a heavy infantry unit and as for the Avatar. It may actually show off for once as being the Iconic NOD unit that stands as that one beacon to unite NODs lower forces together. I see no problem with these being bulked up the way they are.

As for the transport. Its good to see a NOD transport that sleek yet heavy enough to lift vehicles.

Edited by Miko101

I do tend to feel that NOD should be sneaky scary, while GDI is supposed to be in-your-face scary. That's how I would always describe the factions to a stranger anyway.

*stuff*

Such as? My stuff follows mostly TS-Nod style. Actually it follows entirely the TS-Nod Style, other than the Avatar, which still follows basic Nod design principles.

• Downvote 1

I do tend to feel that NOD should be sneaky scary, while GDI is supposed to be in-your-face scary. That's how I would always describe the factions to a stranger anyway.

Yeah that's how I would describe it as well. Remember when I first played TS when I was a kid, the mighty GDI titans was really in-your-face scary not to talk about the MK2.

But the some goes for Tiberian Dawn where GDI got mammoth tanks whilst Nod only got puny little light tanks and it's still balanced somehow.

Nod's designs in TW were pretty bad. These are more formidable like Nod isn't some joke of a faction. Dudes mean business and they'll bring it in style.

These specific units fit the role of being large and scary looking for GDI units to encounter especially since GDI is used to bringing that to the table themselves then suddenly NOD brings something possibly more imposing then their mammoth units and others more fearsome then their zone troopers and commandos.

Nod isn't about bringing lumbering mountains of death, that's GDI. Nod is more of a sneaky faction.