Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Problems with the CNCNZ Blue Theme

So today we discovered a problem with our CNCNZ Blue theme for the forums. Something basically screwed it up causing the forums to display incorrectly. We have restored a back up theme for now.

This back up is from the day we did the forum upgrade, the bad news is all of the changes we made since then were not in this back up. So they will have to be patched back in. I will have to back track and reapply various bits of CSS code.

If the blue theme is not displaying for you scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "cncnzBlueRes" from the Change Theme pop up menu.

Please bear with us while we fix this mess.

the bad news is all of the changes we made since then were not in this back up. So they will have to be patched back in.

Well that's kind of annoying... :(

Only because I forgot to make a back up of it. Then again I didn't expect the CSS to screw up.

Guest Rabbit

Especially out of nowhere, when none of us made any recent changes to the forums.

At least it's a reminder for us to back up everything now.

Fixed many of the common elements around the forums. Will be checking for more later today. You may need to do a Ctrl+F5 reload to see the fixes.

If anyone spots anything that doesn't look right post about it here.

Until I saw this thread, I didn't see anything wrong with the boards :P

Zee and I got to see it at its worst. There were large gaps everywhere. The right side bar on the main index was pushed all the way down to the bottom of the page.

Like what? Care to explain in more detail. The forums are displaying perfectly for me, just a few minor things to fix here and there.

Make sure you are actually using the correct theme in the first place. It should be on "cncnzBlueRes".

Browsing through the forums again now, and I also managed to take a peek on my IT class with FF 3.6, all is well.

The only thing new coming from this forum software upgrade is the login system under Firefox which can now recognize my saved password without the need to re-type them.

I wouldn't have a reasonable doubt there's a glitch in this forum or someone hacked into the forums and changed the settings.

Hacked in and only messed up the blue theme CSS? I doubt that.

The only only thing myself and Zee Hypnotist could think of, while trying to figure what the hell was going on, was it could be some obscure bug in IPB3. Something I should question IPS Support about I guess. There are only 3 people who can access the Admin Control Panel, that's Zee Hypnotist, Doctor Destiny and myself of course and none of us made any changes. Anyway its fixed now, and I have a back up. So if somehow it happens again the back up can simply restored in a matter of minutes.

You may have missed the closing bracket of a class in the css.

E.g

#hi {

# hi a {

}

Changing something, saving it, going back onto the board normally without hard refreshing (f5) will not make any changes. So my guess from there is that someone either forgot to add the close, or deleted it by accident whilst editing a class, and didn't hit f5 to see what they changed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9wrJ1V1F-s

Yeah that could have happened. Not sure when though. The last change to the CSS I made was to fix the colours for unapproved topic/posts. That was on the 1st of December, the CSS was reported as messed up a week later on the 6th. No use trying to figure what went wrong anyway, its fixed now. Case closed. And so is this topic.

• Upvote 1