Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C: Alliances Might Be a Battlelog System

The German C&C fan site, United Forum, has done some more research and speculate that Command & Conquer: Alliances could be a new battlelog system, not the name of the next C&C game. This possible C&C: Alliances battlelog would work in a similar fashion to the way Facebook works. A battlelog system is already heavily featured in Battlefield 3, one of EA's other big franchises. United Forum even made a mock up screen shot of what it could look like, using the Battlefield 3 system for reference.

This speculation could be on the right track because in the original interviews with Jon Van Caneghem he discussed building a social/Facebook like platform for Command & Conquer fans. So a centralised online system for both the past C&C games and of course new games makes a lot of sense. Please keep in mind this is just guess work right now. Nothing is official.

I took the bait and tried visiting the Alliances site, and even though it doesn't load, it still doesn't give an HTTP 404. Fishy, fishy. December 11th can't come soon enough.

So a centralised online system for both the past C&C games and of course new games makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I it does make better sense than a new game, I thought C&C:Alliances didn't really sound like a C&C title.

December 11th can't come soon enough.

Eh? Did I miss something? What happens on the 11th?

Actually, to you, it'll be Dec 10th. Spike TV Videogame Awards, possible C&C announcement, you know!

I think the next C&C game is what I already thought it was, just like C&C4. Like C&C4, it's a PC version only requiring an Internet connection just to play the SP/MP portion of the game, and now EA wants a social Facebook feature that most C&C fans are not fond of. Worse, we may have to use it through EA's Origin service which doesn't simplify the DRM issue and it's enough to ruin your privacy. Three things: Internet connection, social media and Origin are unacceptable requirements for a new C&C game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A lot of effort in the mock-up...