Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

More Evidence for the Victory Games/BioWare Rumours

GameReplays.org have uncovered some more "evidence" that suggest Victory Games is indeed part of the BioWare label and a possible new Command & Conquer game announcement could be happening soon. I won't go into to much details here, but a long story short is, GameReplays.org found references to the BioWare name in the source coding of CommandandConquer.com, the official site for all things Command & Conquer. There is also some information that Google seems to have picked up on as well.

kEvmW.png

A few obscure references in the source of a web site is not really 100% confirmation to be honest. Either way, we will find out this weekend when BioWare are set to reveal all at the Spike TV Video Game Awards. If you're curious, you can read about GameReplays.org's findings right here.

This is kind of sad really. Resorting to scanning the through source coding of a website to find proof of the next game :rolleyes:

The fact that someone would even think of doing this makes me laugh. Never in a million years would I sit here and then suddenly decide to pick out parts of the HTML coding for a website in a vain attempt to uncover the truth. Then post all about how cool we are for finding it.

So it would seem that we are getting generals 2? Or at least a post modern RTS. :)

If Generals 2 is true, they better do a better job for such a genre because many games resolve about modern warfare setting.

Recall that Sierra once did an awesome RTS title called World In Conflict. Lets pray that this upcoming C&C title is way better than that, period.

worldinconflictbox.jpg

Edited by Malevolence

Too bad I wasn't a big fan of the original Generals, but this is good news nonetheless, and I hope C&C takes the right route in the future. Though I don't like the idea of Bioware become an EA label, as it will eventually just dilute the name. It's early, but I think we have seen/heard enough for me to wager that these rumours are most likely true.

At this point I think the biggest suprise would be for this news not to be true now. Interesting.

UPDATE: At least we won't have to worry about them messing up the fiction or canon! :) They have a relatively blank slate to start from. Good for them.

• Upvote 2

It's some really strong evidence there. I'll still be baffled if their new, revised, "no more mistakes of the past" game... ends with a 2.

Edited by Golan
  • Upvote 1

Add this

g4omS.png

unbenanntrgd.jpg

Source

http://www.united-fo...m-seite-106453/

yes yes yes!

hell its about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(hmmmm i feel we used that phrase before.... hmmmm :rolleyes: )

anyway i hope this weekend there will be a frucking super cgi Intro and a new rts engine to blow us away! (lets hope the dont fruck up the rts recipy again like cnc4)

omg i cant wait!

Guest Rabbit

I don't know why... but I get the weirdest feeling that they're pulling our legs.

go to www.generals2.com

surprise!

Nice catch ;)

go to www.generals2.com

surprise!

EA have owned generals2.com for a few years now. And so it redirects the official C&C site with the link http://www.commandan...ameid/generals2 and says "no games match that title". That's just a standard generated error for the site, try http://www.commandan.../bygameid/cncnz and you get the same error except with our site name instead of generals2.

I don't know why... but I get the weirdest feeling that they're pulling our legs.

I get the same feeling as well. Or maybe is the flu symptoms clouding my thinking? I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting to see any sort of Generals 2 or C&C announcement tomorrow.

If Generals 2 is true, they better do a better job for such a genre because many games resolve about modern warfare setting.

Recall that Sierra once did an awesome RTS title called World In Conflict. Lets pray that this upcoming C&C title is way better than that, period.

Sierra did? RTS? World in Conflict is a Real Time Tactics (RTT) game made by Massive Entertainment and published by Sierra (Ubisoft after Sierra closed it's doors due to it's parent company Vivendi Games merged with Activision), Massive Entertainment also made the awesome Ground Control series.

Guest Rabbit

From the Command & Conquer official facebook page:

I3WX4.png

There's a familiar face liking that status, too. ;)

I3WX4.png

lol i so hope that after seen this "announcement" we will not have to say "we shouln't have seen this!" :rolleyes:

well lets think of this how worst can it become? i mean after cnc4 (story, gameplay, polishing etc) they could only do better right?

for me EALA last good game was RA3, very nice upgrade on the RNA Engine, polishing the entire game with nice details, different building types,very decent storyline, and really cool CGI (but few).also nice music! and i am not talking only about Frank's work.

overal RedAlert 3 was a REALLY GOOD Game! not too rediculus like RA2! i would love to see Red Alert 1 thought with that RNA engine :(

if only RA3 expansion wasnt a "different mod" could have been better.

i would prefair the warcraft 3 and starcraft 1 expansion aproach on that, no 2 different games, but the expansion "sits" on the original and upgrades it, and they only update one Core game with bugs and patches not 2! still from the ingame you can load the original mod/balance/units or play the expansion story/units.

i hope the new C&C genre would be programmed more "professionaly and smarter" B)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I3WX4.png

Ok so what does this mean? I don't get it.

well lets think of this how worst can it become? i mean after cnc4 (story, gameplay, polishing etc) they could only do better right?

Don't jinx it. :P

overal RedAlert 3 was a REALLY GOOD Game! not too rediculus like RA2!

Yeah, don't know why people don't like RA3 when it has more strategy in it than all Westwood games combined. But I think that RA3 was still more wacky than RA2

i would love to see Red Alert 1 thought with that RNA engine :(

Like so?