Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Mystery Command & Conquer Screen Shot?

The Internet detectives still appear to be in hard work scanning the source coding of CommandandConquer.com, the official site for all things Command & Conquer, as this mystery screen shot has been discovered. Could this be a possible look at the next Command & Conquer? Maybe it is indeed Generals 2. It sure does look in similar style to the http://i.imgur.com/16Tyc.jpg from the end of last month.

5B8yl.jpg

Since this image was found on the Official C&C Site, it has to be from the next Command & Conquer, right? Either way, we will find out later today at the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

ok its defenetly generals 2, and i hope no fps!

the engine details and particles is superb i cant wait for todays video!

Yeah i think its safe to say its more then likely Generals 2. Im pretty convinced now with that one. Never really did like the whole Generals Universe but whatever, at least its something C&C. I just hope they dont destroy this one. i know its a reboot and all, i just pray it will be a good reboot.

I'm not so sure. The amount of detail is almost suggest that it might be an FPS which might have the CnC label. Lets wait n see.

The screenshot is available on this link also. So its propably gens 2 :)

Edited by lkRaven

The screenshot is available on this link also. So its propably gens 2 :)

Doesn't matter what domain, its all on the same server.....

Its will be an RTS, not an FPS. Victory Games develops RTS games, and this will be Generals 2 published under the EA BioWare label. I guess.

****!!!!!!! I don't want more Generals games!!!! That's not C&C!!!!!!!

Edited by Sonic

Looks interesting. :) Perhaps an RTS game engine that can zoom in to ground level? I could imagine the final product with anti-aliasing done. We'll see about that.

Good lord. Please don't bring back the "Generals =/= C&C genre" discussion. :(

So that's what the Facebook status probably meant...the cat is out of the bag :P

love Generals and zero hour, great LAN games back then an with real time arsenal, was really really fun to play with my friends!

Victory games, oh sorry publisher EA in order to get ahead of the game should defenetly include LAN and not only only BS other companies (blizzard) do in our days!

because they dont have the infrastracture, and they could offer something the rest try to avoide "for piracy issues" yeah right.

anyway Generals IS for me a CnC game, and because its not a tiberium nor RA universe i allow the differences in the buldozer system and the horizontal command bar!

i hope its a RTS and this is just an ingame cinematic with more details....

bring back tomahawk missiles boys :)

For some reason such modern warfare genre titles seem to be bland in terms of single player campaigns, and compensate with better multiplayer. (for example, Generals, and even FPS games like Medal of Honor (2010), and even Battlefield 3 single player campaign, kinda a bit bland) I hope the devs do pay attention to those fans who love single player campaigns and make this interesting instead of neglecting it and focus way too much on the multiplayer part.

*hums GLA Theme 3*

Thought that myself too. Yes, single player is the worst RTS campaign ever, but have you tried skirmishes and multiplayer?

*hums GLA Theme 3*

Thought that myself too. Yes, single player is the worst RTS campaign ever, but have you tried skirmishes and multiplayer?

How was the Generals campaign bad? I kinda liked it. It had a few cool scenes. (Zero Hour was better though)

I hope "Generals 2" will introduce ship combat to Generals as the Generals mods with ships are awesome.

For some reason such modern warfare genre titles seem to be bland in terms of single player campaigns, and compensate with better multiplayer. (for example, Generals, and even FPS games like Medal of Honor (2010), and even Battlefield 3 single player campaign, kinda a bit bland) I hope the devs do pay attention to those fans who love single player campaigns and make this interesting instead of neglecting it and focus way too much on the multiplayer part.

that's easy explained, politics and propaganda!

you see you cant start a campaign and say all middle east countries (GLA) are "terrorists" and bad guys, that the USA-NATO its the World Peace Police, (in order to get the oil and other resources)or that China-Asia its like a dictatorship and USSR the same, and that they "secretly" want world domination and crap like those

its a Very sensitive thing the Single Player Campaign Story-line....

they have to keep the balance, not mention names and countries, don't split the functions to "good guys" and "bad guys" and stuff like that.

i dont have the magic solution to this, but indeed the story has to be some sort of neutral, and maybe tell the story from all sides and all perspectives, so that if you play the GLA for example you see why those people had to become self-bombers and "terrorists" or pirates, you have to leave their drama too to see the story from their eyes as well when other hitech powers are coming to their country and bomb schools hospitals, etc,

its very very difficult! i wouldn't blame them for that.

i actually think studios trying to make todays warfair and have a decent storyline, have @@... and i salute them. but as you said friend, so far none has done it properly!

but when you say time travel, alter universe etc, you are allowed to do what ever you want with the storyline.

an other many times used "recipy" is the World resources are comming to an end (as they do actually) the Earths enviroments is also comming to and END because of us, there is a huge Economic crysis, and the remaining power still find the money to make wars among them to get the last drop of oil for their Mercendes. (pathetic)

a VERY cool story has the RTS Earth 2150

that was way more believable!

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Better yet, people can stop being whiny little babies and stop taking offense from everything.

The modern world's obsession with taking offense is extremely pathetic, and if everyone could just learn how things that don't matter don't matter, the world could be a better place.

Sadly, too many people are complete morons, and game makers will continue having to bend to their immature wills if they want to stay in business.

Are we PC bashing? Can I join in? :P

Coming from the opposite whiney perspective, the graphics in that shot don't look all that good.

I'm going to ban you if you don't cut out the nonsense.