Sonic

Command & Conquer Generals 2 is the Next C&C Game

So it looks like Command & Conquer Generals 2 will be the next Command & Conquer game. EA has officially announced the future of C&C today, and you can see all the game details in the Generals 2 section of the Official C&C site. You can also see a teaser and a couple screen shots.

LR6v9.jpgnE8SF.jpg

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It's up to you to assume their roles, command their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

Features:

• All-Out War — Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
  • Uncanny Sense of Realism — Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
  • New Ways to Dominate or Ally with Your Friends — Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
  • Thrilling Campaign — Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives — from heroic General to crazed terrorist — while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
  • Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Click here to see more. Once this news becomes official, a follow up news update will be posted, but I think it's safe to say Command & Conquer Generals 2 is what everyone was waiting for based on all the rumours. Thanks to Alex06 for the news tip.

New engine? Generals 2?

I can live with this. I really hope EA perfects it and doesn't rush this. Generals was such a greatly balanced game! I hope to see this turn out well, cannot wait for more info :)

Not my favourite universe, but I can live with this - Generals is mostly EA's universe and I'm glad they have moved away from the Tiberian and Red Alert stories for now. And Frostbite 2 is a good move as well. C&C is back!

Edited by [NE]Fobby[GEN]

My pleasure, guys! ;)

Edited by Alex06

Hmm... system requirements... 20GB... :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)

Memory: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 20 GB

Graphics card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)

Graphics card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

Sound card

DirectX Compatible

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU

Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 20 GB

Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Sound card

DirectX Compatible

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD ROM Drive

Aw man I need a serious upgrade :(

Yea the Frostbite2 engine definitely requires some good equipment, but I think it's a really good move that they're moving away from SAGE.

I wonder how it'll look for an RTS game, though.

Frostbite 2 "debuted with Battlefield 3. It takes full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors, with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP)."

Looks like the RTS games finally get to push the system requirements again, instead of having to run on 5 year old hardware.

• Upvote 1

From what I can tell the Spike TV VGAs have just started or are getting started soon. I'll be gone for the next 10 or so hours so I won't be online to cover anything that pops up regarding Generals 2. But I'll update the site when I return later today.

I am okay with this, but I still won't get it because of Origin. Still though... should be good if EA doesn't rush it like they're prone to doing.

Guest Rabbit

I missed Red Alert 3, I'm not sure what to feel about this, really.

Awesome, but I'm gonna need a serious upgrade.

Just shown on the VG awards, and it said "Coming 2013". THE WAIT, IT CRUSHES ME.

Well the VGAs just showed an extra 10 seconds and its official....still woah... :o

Just saw it too, I'm completely ok with it being Generals 2, and even more ok with it being on the Frostbite 2 engine!

and 2013 is so far! >.< lol

Edit: The tank in the trailer had EU on the side, so I'm assuming the EU may be a faction?

Edited by Troopzor

Im glad its 2013...gives me time to save some money and full build my own pc system :P

Edit: Looking at this game...it looks like BF3 from a top-down perspective

Edited by noxbox

Guest Rabbit

Beat me to the punch, Luk3us. ;)

Yeah beat me too lol But I'm happy although the wait does kinda suck but as long as it's a good game.

(null)

*shove everyone away*

New C&C title released?!

Command & Conquer Generals 2?!

Frostbite 2 engine?!

I'm pumped! Bring it yo b****es! *starts behaving like a nerd/fanboy once again*

Edited by Malevolence

I think one thing there is properly missing for an upcoming Generals 2 game, on how good and advanced the AI is. C&C Generals/Zero Hour was too buggy and I hope Generals 2 in a new Frostbite 2 engine isn't going to wind up having the same thing.

Even with this announcement, I think this will make Activision, Blizzard and Relic jealous about this. Call of Duty is too epic and so is Modern Warfare, but could this assumed Modern Warfare RTS game be better than End of Nations? Definitely.