Sonic

Press Release: EA Unveils Command & Conquer: Generals 2

Just in case things were not official enough for you. We now have the the official press release from EA announcing Command & Conquer: Generals 2.

EA Unveils Command & Conquer Generals 2

BioWare Takes the Helm of the Long-Awaited Sequel to the Best-Selling Game in the Storied Command & Conquer Series

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In a world left without political leaders, only the generals remain! Tonight at the Spike Video Game Awards, BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), announced the studio’s newest project, Command & Conquer™ Generals 2. Powered by Frostbite™ 2, Generals 2 will feature cutting-edge visuals, sound, and destruction that will bring a new level of fidelity to strategy games. Fans will get a first look at the new Generals 2 during the Spike TV VGAs at 8:00pm EST*. Featuring the franchise’s patented blend of pulse-pounding action and intelligent gameplay, Command & Conquer Generals 2 once again puts players in the middle of an all-out war between three unique factions. Command & Conquer Generals 2 is being developed by a new BioWare studio, BioWare Victory, and is coming exclusively to the PC in 2013.

“We’re bringing BioWare’s vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager of EA’s BioWare label. “I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience.”

“For the last eight years, Command & Conquer fans have been begging for a return to the Generals universe,” said Jon Van Caneghem, Executive Producer of Command & Conquer Generals 2. “With Generals 2, we are bringing the Command & Conquer franchise back to its roots, blending strategic gameplay with fast-paced action -- all set in visually stunning theaters of war powered by Frostbite 2.”

In Command & Conquer Generals 2, world leaders are mere seconds away from signing a peace treaty and bringing an end to a global war when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the conference, killing everyone in attendance, leaving only the world’s military superpowers in control. It’s up to you to assume their roles, take command of their forces and conquer global terrorism once and for all. Players will take control of three unique factions in a thrilling single-player campaign, and with friends online in cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes.

For more information on Command & Conquer Generals 2, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com, follow the game on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialCnC or “Like” Command & Conquer on Facebook at http://facebook.com/commandandconquer.

The full Command & Conquer: Generals 2 press release has been added to our recently opened Generals 2 section.

The bestest thing is that the release is so far away as 2013, one whole year left, probably more. That's great, it might be as well developedd as Starcraft 2 when it's released. It would be nice if cnc once again could compete with RTS games by Blizzard.

Any words on sidebar vs bottombar? I have heard people argue that sidebar is more sufficent since it allows you to utilize more of the screen than wih a bottom bar? Is there a source on that?

And I know a Construction Yard system is a million times better than having to manage several Dozers, sadly enough we have already seen the Dozers.

Any words on sidebar vs bottombar? I have heard people argue that sidebar is more sufficent since it allows you to utilize more of the screen than wih a bottom bar? Is there a source on that?

No words about that. But I prefer for customizable bar, so we can change it to corner-bar, bottom-bar, side-bar, etc

And I know a Construction Yard system is a million times better than having to manage several Dozers, sadly enough we have already seen the Dozers.

What about hybrid? Like one faction uses drones, like zergs/elfs, other faction uses MCV, and another Dozers.

So its Bioware Victory now huh, lets home that a bit of that Bioware magic rubs off on Victory games.

And when I say magic I mean story telling, gameplay.... Well not so much. ;)

I would say that depends but on newer monitors definitely because most of them are Widescreen which means they have less height but more width, so if I remove some space from the width, it shouldn't stand out as much as when I remove it from the height.

I kind of expected a Generals 2, after all it is the favourite C&C from our current community manager.

However, I am disappointed because I prefer Sci-Fi RTS (Fantasy RTS are also OK but I like Sci-Fi most - though that doesn't mean I don't enjoy RTS like Generals, I just would have preferred).

Also I never considered Generals part of the C&C series. It is a good game but I just never understood why it is a C&C.

Furthermore. I think what C&C would have needed most would have been a reboot with a complete new franchise.

But, of course, that is my opinion.

Btw. so far the story sounds kind of lame. I mean: Oh, we finally have peace but wait there is this terrorist attack...

Btw.2 will this game also require Origin?

Btw.3 according to one interview as of now three factions are confirmed but one of those is a secret for now (the known ones are EU and GLA). It seems like they did some changes to the factions, after all there was no EU and why would they hide the third otherwise for now.

Edited by ghost_zero

so we have to wait our butt till 2013??!! oh no..... the world end in 2012 :)

...which might indicate what will happen with Generals 2 :haha: