Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Revealed

So it looks like Command & Conquer: Generals 2 is not the only new Command & Conquer game to be revealed this week. Now we know why EA were snapping up all the domain names with the word "alliances" in them. Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances, a free to play browser game, has been announced. It is being made by EA Phenomic.

ZFePp.png

Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances brings the battle to your browser in this epic strategy MMO. Compete or ally with your friends in a worldwide war for precious resources. Based in the Command and Conquer Tiberium story world, C&C Tiberium Alliances allows players to experience C&C in a brand new way. Using HTML 5 technology, players are able to access their game from any web accessible browser making this one of the first truly portable mmo strategy titles to hit the market.

Apply for the Closed Beta today at www.TiberiumAlliances.com and get into the closed beta.

• Conquer Everywhere - Hardcore strategy gameplay available wherever you are. Play on your web browser from any html5 compatible browser or mobile device all for free.
  • Build Alliances - Diplomacy can get you everywhere. Build alliances & conquer new territory through leveraging your social network strategically.
  • Grow your Empire - Expand your territory by gathering resources, defeating enemies and taking over new areas of a dynamically updating map.

Check out the official site right here. The www.TiberiumAlliances.com address doesn't appear to be working at the time of posting this news.

I wonder where the free ends?

Woah, that's pretty cool. I wonder if it'll be multiplayer only, or if it'll have singleplayer and storyline. I also hope it takes place somewhere within the existing timeline, preferrably not C&C4 though.

Judging by the images CNC Saga managed to collect, before it was taken down, it looks like the Tiberium War era.

9fmBv.jpg

OE8Bq.jpg

ANfWV.jpg

hEbfi.jpg

lR5IK.jpg

Oh and this Generals 2 one....

lthl0.jpg

So maybe this C&C game replaced the cancelled C&C Arena. It's C&C Arena meets C&CVille to become this free-to-play game.

So maybe this C&C game replaced the cancelled C&C Arena. It's C&C Arena meets C&CVille to become this free-to-play game.

Kind of. It's got almost the same units C&C Arena did, which was mostly C&C3 + some C&C4.

Also, the third faction is apparently The Forgotten instead of Scrin. From what I understood out of some people who got to try it, it's supposed to replace C&C4, but from what I personally saw, it looks like it's set between C&C3 and 4.

eek... now I'm a little scared and the quality of work of both projects. But I will try and hold my judgement until later.

eek... now I'm a little scared and the quality of work of both projects. But I will try and hold my judgement until later.

C&C Tiberium Alliances is developed by EA Phenomic, which is in Germany. Nothing to do with BioWare Victory, which works out of LA, Texas and Shanghai.

0CnCTiberiumAliances.jpg

It's very similar to Global Warfare (building your base, upgrading each structure, building units, doing research, giant world with different bases in different instances, n00b shield at start, etc.), only you don't level up as a player, nor is it pay-to-win. Only GDI is playable so far. Mutants are neutral camps. Player-owned bases cannot be entirely destroyed, only "raided" and you destroy all their troops, defenses and take all their money.

There are mostly C&C3 units (no KW ones), with some C&C4 air units.

It's C&C Arena meets C&CVille to become this free-to-play game.

Don't you dare start with that C&CVille bull**** on here again. That was never ever going to happen with C&C.

Judging by the pictures shown, it seems promising. I'll def give it a go since it's free :D

I just hope, story wise (if there is a single player like story element to it) that it's doesn't mess up :\

I think its clear that none of this is meant to online just yet, hence the cached pages and stuff. I guess someone who posts content on EA.com made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag a tad early.

I think its clear that none of this is meant to online just yet, hence the cached pages and stuff. I guess someone who posts content on EA.com made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag a tad early.

EA_CIRE? :D

This ALWAYS happens. I'm really hoping EA get their stuff straight and FIX this. It's incredible how no one is losing credibility in them. They cut corners and do unsafe stuff all the time. Then they blame their employees. It's like how PSN got hacked and we discovered that Sony really didn't have great protection at all and they cut corners to make a bit more money. It's sad, really. EA does this even by sacrificing game quality (C&C4, and games that rely on Origin) and quality of their other products and services (User account protection, Origin, forums). They can't publish things privately. Either someone is doing something in a terrible manner and needs to ask how to do it properly so this doesn't happen or the software is not up to date or is faulty, in which case, they should fix it.

EA_CIRE? :D

Doubt it, he's just there to hasten and simplify communication between us and the development team. Though I understand that it ends up being his responsibility to fix leaks and he hates it, because he's the one getting shat on, when it's not necessarily his fault. And THAT, is a problem. EA doesn't get the short end of the stick. It's often their employees and customers who do. Look at all the DRM and Origin issues, and what happened to Tiberium and C&C4.

This is bad press for EA and that ultimately should get the company to respect and treat its customers and employees better.

Edited by Alex06

The site loads too slow for Firefox to handle, so I can't apply :(

new online free game....with interesting ui as see from the images Sonic managed to post.....? WOW didnt see that comming from EA!

webserver been offline and cant handle the C&C users....i saw that comming EA :P

Guest Stevie_K

Graphics looks pretty. Looking forward to see what this is about. No levelling sounds atypical for the kind of game described.

The site loads too slow for Firefox to handle, so I can't apply :(

Most likely due to the fact its probably been taken offline so people can't access it just yet.

Actually http://www.tiberiumalliances.com/ loads for me now. Didn't sign up or anything though. Nothing has been officially announced so I don't think they are ready for the fans to try this out yet anyway.

**** this, I need Origin to register. And they want a parental confirmation if I'm younger than 18 (wasn't it supposed to be under 13???)

I registered as well. Worth checking out at least, and since its free there is no risk if i dont like it.