Sign in to follow this  
Masked Shah

Minecraft, the world's greatest game

ha.jpg

Minecraft is a game where you build, create and survive using the resources of the land. You can customize the terrain, and player skins.

Psh, everyone knows what Minecraft is... not everyone cares.

Also, that video makes it look incredibly boring.

Psh, everyone knows what Minecraft is... not everyone cares.

Also, that video makes it look incredibly boring.

Bet you never tried it...

I did try it and it's, indeed, incredibly boring.

Bet you never tried it...

I'm not sure if I actually did or just watched other people play it. If the game was free, I'd probably play it, but it is just simply not worth any money.

My point about the video was, as little intrigue in the game as I have, the video made it look even less remarkable. If the purpose of it was to garner interest, it fails miserably and is a very poor representation of the gameplay to say the least.

I disagree with the topic. I suppose either GTAIV, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the world's greatest game.

If Minecraft was free, I would play it.... but I would have played it more than a decade ago. Decent graphics using javascript is something I would like to see in the early 2000s but it's too late to play something like this now. Also decent graphics on older games made my eyes dizzy, even on a reflective LCD monitor with reduced glare.

Edited by zocom7

Guest Stevie_K

Minecraft was pretty damn fun playing with a bunch of friends (and that is all that game is about). Playing it alone? Heck no, it's probably the saddest empty shelled sandbox game you'll find.

Being the shallow individual that I am, I find the grahpical quality severely lacking. I mean its way to blocky. :o

Personally not a fan of minecraft. I don't know why it got so popular? I don't understand why people are into poorly pixllated ancient graphics? I thought high end graphics are the coolest **** these days. I speaking this way because I'm a high end graphics enthusiast. Maybe they can't own the cool stuff and thus regard and label this stuff as "cool". If you're not with them then you are "uncool" then.
Guess I'll enjoy my cool graphics with better games like BF3 and more upcoming titles like Syndicate and Command & Conquer GENERALS 2.

Enjoy pixellation! Edited by Malevolence

I'm surprised by the lack of love for the idea of minecraft. It's basically Lego!?!

So what's the problem? It's open sandbox that is fairly simple and instantly gratifying. I understand there are skins out there that make it less of an eyesore but we're RTS fans... we're supposed to go for gameplay over eye candy. I guess the real issue is that you have spend ages mining and crafting and combined with the RETRO graphics makes a poor combination in this MW3 age... but the genius of the game is that it's up to the players imagination not the programmer.

(I don't own Minecraft but I'm enjoying the first couple of hours of Terraria...)

I think it's pretty messed up all these close minded people are knocking this, and half of them are bronies.

They want people to deal with them worshipping pink ponies, but **** my game right?

Edited by Masked Shah

Minecraft is a good game. With a unique graphical style and gameplay. Mining resources and building things (sounds familiar? Anyone?) is pretty fun if you do it with friends.

However I get bored of Minecraft pretty fast due to the changes that have been make to it recently (hunger? What the heck?!)

I think it's pretty messed up all these close minded people are knocking this, and half of them are bronies.

They want people to deal with them worshipping pink ponies, but **** my game right?

I said it was dull, not bad. I didn't enjoy it because it's not my kind of game. Therefore dull, therefore I won't play it more.

I can see the direction of this thread is going... probably up in flames if left unattended.

Different people have different opinions. Different people hve different preferences. Different people like different games.

I don't like it, because I prefer epic storylines and/or eye-candy graphics and you can't change the fact and make pixellated rainbow come out of my mouth yo.

Edited by Malevolence

You are calling Minecraft the world's greatest game, Shah, if you though a bold statement like that wouldn't take any flak, you are a bit naïve.

I can see the direction of this thread is going... probably up in flames if left unattended.

Luckily, it's not unattended.