Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Tiberium Crystal War - Wallpapers & Purchase Terminal Icons

The Tiberium Crystal War mod for C&C Renegade has posted some new images on their IndieDB profile. They've made some new icons for stolen-tech vehicles, including a yet unseen Beam Cannon. The Harvesters are announced for a later time. Also, wallpapers by kenz3001 have been released, which, if you remember, were featured in CBCPT Episode 4. Check out some samples:

Click here for more.

• Upvote 1

Huh? Why are the gdi units skinned as nod and visa versa? I obviously am not paying attention here....

They've made some new icons for stolen-tech vehicles

:facepalm:

yep... read that and did not pay attention... naughty gben.

• Upvote 1

Watch Video http://www.indiedb.c...icle-technology

Yea, in Tiberium Crystal War, when you enter the War Factory vehicle construction zone (so there is a chance of you getting killed) with an Engineer(GDI) or Saboteur(Nod) for 15 seconds the enemy team technology will be stolen and transmitted to your teams Purchase Terminal :)

You can then buy Nod Vehicle Units or GDI Vehicle Units with awesome skins :D

The Barracks and Hand of Nod will be infiltrate-able too later on, i gotto code it still :) But working on it.

I am also pondering to allow Engineers and Saboteurs to steal credits from the enemy team by infiltrating the Refineries. Simular to the Thief in APB.

But i am unsure of this.

Remember btw that you may not be inside a vehicle when you want to steal tech or credits. You MUST be exposed to the enemy fire. This to make it a bit harder

to do. Also it is not very likely you will succeed in stealing since its hard to get in the enemy base unseen as an Engineer or Saboteur in the first place.

Greetz zunnie

Guest Rabbit

That's some good game logic there, Zunnie. I'm glad to see Engineers and such being used to actually steal technology, something I've wished could happen for quite some time in the renegade genre.

Thanks.

I also wanted several buildings to be 'buildable' or at least 're-purchasable' but i'm not sure how to NICELY implement that.

Maybe i'll have a look at it later again. It would be most useful in Coop missions at least. Maybe in AOW too but maps would have to be designed for it specifically.

Once we get Defenses ingame i will make those purchasable. I'm still pondering if we should allow them to be placed anywhere on the map (within range of the Conyard or Crane) but this will allow people to place them inside buildings or directly in front of doors, which is undesirable. I can think of a few ways to stop it but it's alot of work to do and involves re-editing every single map we have.

I am more towards having a dozen static locations where a terminal will appear. People can then press E on said terminal to add money to a fund. When the Fund reaches a certain amount of money (while the Conyard or Crane is alive) the defense assoiciated with that location will be built and activated.

Defenses will not interfere with the 'gameover' attitude of the game. They don't "have" to be destroyed to win. Only primary buildings have to be destroyed.

I'm also still working on Unit Upgrades. Right now it is possible to buy the Composite Armor upgrade at a Terminal of the GDI Armory. When purchased, researching will start (same cost and time as C&C 3) after which all units on the field will have the upgrade applied (+15 hp and +15 ap). Throughout the entire game (map) units will automatically have the upgrade :) (See Video)

The Railgun upgrades ARE possible, i have tested it already and it works. But someone of our Dev team will have to model the railgun weapon. Then i can go further into devving that :) Which is gonna be awesome when finished.

Goldy58 is working out the last remainder of Nod Vehicles which are currently not ingame yet like the Scorpion, Stealth Tank and Flame Tank. This will be completed soon and we expect them to be in the next patch/update 1.11->1.12

Greetz zunnie :D

Edited by MPFzunnie

Love the Nod wallpaper...and that whole stealing tech concept is pretty sweet ;) Can't wait to see the Scorpion.

• Upvote 1

You mean this:

GDISCORPGAME.jpg

:)

The Nod one:

The_Awesome_Scorpion_By_Beta.png

ANd the stolen technology GDI Attack Bike, awesomeness by Hunter Seeker texture:

tcw_gdi_attack_bike.png

Edited by MPFzunnie