AlexB

Looking for Testers

One more option would require a huge re-organisation of the entrie dialogs. Won't happen anytime soon. :(

Iron Curtain is available in single play for USSR and Ukraine only, the Nuke is only available, if you are neither USSR nor Ukraine. There are more checks to it, and it is a mess. Yeah, Parabombs just check for the game mode. It's only available in single play. It is a quick fix actually.

[DeveloperWarning] AlexB has taken Damage= while working on Yuri's Revenge's SWs.

I've been modding ra1 for years intill i finally noticed i had no more options left to mod but now i've found this thread and it's looking pretty top quality can't wait intill it's finished but don't rush it and also do you think you could fix a problem where the Heli Carrier won't show up in side bar inless you set the faction to ever Allies Or Soviets because i wanted it to only be avalible to uk keep up the good work

Hi dodgevipergts,

thanks! I don't know why they did it, but if the building is not owned by both factions, a building's initial owner value is changed to be either Greece or USSR. Try to add "BadGuy" to the Owner= tag for the Ship Yard [sYRD], like "Owner=allies,BadGuy". Then try again with Owner=England on [CARR]. :)

As long as I don't know why they use these weird values, I can't change it because it might break something.

Hi dodgevipergts,

thanks! I don't know why they did it, but if the building is not owned by both factions, a building's initial owner value is changed to be either Greece or USSR. Try to add "BadGuy" to the Owner= tag for the Ship Yard [sYRD], like "Owner=allies,BadGuy". Then try again with Owner=England on [CARR]. :)

As long as I don't know why they use these weird values, I can't change it because it might break something.

it didn't work but thx

It works for me :o Did you change it in rules.ini or aftrmath.ini? I used the latter.

In the post now gone there was "Owner=allies,badguys" on the [sYRD], The country is "badguy", singular.

This was a maybe from Hyper but is it possible to add a AIBuildsThis= like in TS? I would like to force them to build a Nuke Silo and other buildings like the Ship Yard, but the main problem is they sell it for no reason if they manage to get hold of one, (Like the Service Depot) and he said it was coded to build Vessels or something like that. XD

By the way when will a test version for us be done? Just asking.

Hi Chad1233,

the function that plans base building is quite complex. It should be easy to make it build certain buildings but I don't know whether the AI would use them properly. The AI fires a nuke it gains through crate, so this shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know whether it would concentrate on ships at the cost of a reasonable army or whether there are other problems.

I'm working on it. There are so many things to do, but at some point I've to draw the line, I suppose. I'll hurry. :)

Today I recoded the way walls are placed. In later games a player could place two wall segments and the game would automatically fill the cells in between. This is controlled by GuardRange= on the wall building. By default, this feature is disabled. You won't see the white placement marker yet and I have not updated the refund method, so you could generate money selling walls right now. I thought about refunding Cost / GuardRange * RefundPercent credits.

Well thats the thing I would like is to force the AI to build a Nuke Silo so it will always fire a nuke, it also repairs and keeps it instead of selling but just never builds it.

I rather see a proper ally function so you can team up with the AI. ^^

This can all be done much later though of course.

Nice job on the wall function. I've been wanting to see this since building walls in RA2 was so much better!

maybe i'm just be think and doing somthing stupid...

[CARR]

Strength=350

Armor=Heavy

Sight=6

Speed=6

Owner=england

Cost=1200

Points=25

Passengers=5

ROT=7

Primary=AirAssault

TechLevel=7

Prerequisite=ATEK

[sYRD]

Prerequisite=POWR

Strength=1000

Armor=Light

TechLevel=3

Sight=4

Owner=allies,badguy

Cost=650

Points=80

WaterBound=Yes

BaseNormal=No

Capturable=True

Adjacent=8

Power=-30

anything look wrong in that lot...

@Chad1233: yeah,I'll save stuff like that for later. :P

@dodgevipergts: I copied both sections into aftrmath.ini and the carrier is buildable for England.

The refund value for walls will now be divided by the GuardRange value, and the refund for buildings and units will be customizable. Almost finished for testing. I don't plan to add any new features now until the test version is done.

AlexB, you may need to scratch HiFi's hi-res part in your project and replace with this one, now that some other user named Vistha has done something even better to the RA1 hi-res:

http://forums.cncnz....testers-needed/

Edited by zocom7

Zocom7: it is an exe patch, thus it will potentially be incompatible to my dll. I built upon hifi's code and enhanced it already. I haven't moved all the menus yet and the movies are still shown in the upper left corner, but it will be finished eventually.

Yesterday I made the power bar longer, today I increased the size of the cameo lists. Works quite well even though some things aren't finished yet. The dll allows to auto-adjust the resolution on the 24x24 game grid. The sidebar will use as much space as possible as long as it is a multiple of 48 (cameo height). If there's more space the sidebar will not extend to the bottom.

LongerSidebar.png

Another image in 1680x1024 pixels. (The image is composited to make it a bit more interesting. All changes are made to the battle field, the sidebar is unchanged.) Yesterday's graphical glitches on the tool tips are solved. Seems the clicking orgy to go to a certain item is almost over, eh?

LongerSidebar2.png

I'll try to create the installation packages the next few hours. For a start I'll only provide a mini installation, because I don't know whether there are still some stupid bugs and it would be bad to use 90MB packages just for testing that. I hope the dll works, otherwise I'd have to bury myself in the garden and the ground is frozen. :) The requirements will be the English 3.03 version and the Visual C++ 2010 runtime package I'll link to when posting the files.

I'll include the countries Greece, Spain and Turkey in this demo. They can be used for network play, but because they don't have any advantage, they can't hurt balance now. (Actually, they are better than England or France. ;))

I mention this before but after the test version could you implent a mouse wheel scroll for the sidebar? Would be usefull for high and lower resolutions. Same goes for right click for smooth scrolling.

I tried a test version of the scroll wheel and fits in perfectly!

I'll try to create the installation packages the next few hours. For a start I'll only provide a mini installation, because I don't know whether there are still some stupid bugs and it would be bad to use 90MB packages just for testing that. I hope the dll works, otherwise I'd have to bury myself in the garden and the ground is frozen. :) The requirements will be the English 3.03 version and the Visual C++ 2010 runtime package I'll link to when posting the files.

Will this include a no-cd patch in order to run the demo? Vistha did it to his own version of RA3 3.03+.

I mention this before but after the test version could you implent a mouse wheel scroll for the sidebar? Would be usefull for high and lower resolutions. Same goes for right click for smooth scrolling.

This is on my list, but I have yet to see what problems come up in testing.

Will this include a no-cd patch in order to run the demo? Vistha did it to his own version of RA3 3.03+.

You can disable the CD check in a configuration file, but you will have to have all game files installed, like a TFD installation.

Time for some more features I haven't mentioned yet. More stuff for modders:

Because new units are not possible yet (and it will take some time to do that), you now can at least make old units appear like new units. The Image= tag was only read once and it could not be redefined in missions. Now it can. And I added a Cameo= tag so you can also change the sidebar icon.

Apropos cameos. To remove the clutter, cameo lists can be auto-sorted. If you look at the Hires images, you'll see infantry, vessels and tanks don't mix up any more.This grouping is optional and you can use a new tag CameoOrder= to define the order in which a cameo in each of these groups appears in.

Want to make Volkov immune by using the Iron Curtain on him? IronCurtainable=yes can do that. Want to remove the Demolition Truck limit? Use IronCurtain.Reduce=no. Want to set a user-defined duration for IC effect for a certain unit? IronCurtain.Duration=.

A few more new tags can be used to enable and disable turrets and spinning turrets on units, customize their radar jamming ability, their selection bracket size, their drawing size (to reduce graphical errors), their refund value and more. Enable whether buildings show the "Fake" marker, whether Medics show their heal symbol (or enable another pip on other units) and whether the ant "units" use 32 facings.

You can configure foundations for buildings now. For example, with four lines you can re-enable the old Tiberian Dawn power plant foundation. Enlarge the silo, remove the bib from the Ore Refinery without making the cells used for unloading unusable or just leave them as they are. This is quite a complex feature and it is not fully done yet.

Some people think it is a bug if GNRL does not use his special voice for certain countries, but that's how the game enables them. A russian spy won't talk with a british accent. If you think this is stupid and you want to change it, you can define a set of sounds used when a unit is talking to the player. Use VoiceSelect=, VoiceMove=, VoiceAttack=, VoiceDie= and VoiceBurn= to define what sounds a unit would use. And it will use those regardless of the owner's country.

You can edit the items in the New Missions menus like adding as many as you like missions, remove them and whatnot. This is controlled by a new file called missions.ini. This file can be used to set up the display name in the menus, and you can change the side name and the mission name besides some other information. You can also define a successor mission and thus build linear mini-campaigns. Or you could define a set of click zones and an animation to be used on the optional map selection screen to create non-linear mini-campaings. You could also change the original campaign progressions.

ATSCameo.pngFoundations.pngTeslaTankReplacement.pngNewMissions.png

Screenshots showing a special Advanced Tactical Sub cameo for the Counterstrike mission "Proving Grounds". The second shows the altered Power Plant foundation (composited image, but the foundation is real).

The third image shows apparently real Tesla Tanks in the Counterstrike mission "Legacy of Tesla", but they are actually skinned radar jammers. The DLL replaces all radar jammer graphics with the real image and also moves the turrets so it's looking good again. You can do it, too, using the new turret options.

Ok, I think the feature list is exhausted now. No more things to talk about. Maybe this: The DLL comes with an installer that tries to find your RA game directory. If it does not work, please point it in the right direction. There should be no file name collisions, nothing should be overwritten and files are only copied into the game directory, not anywhere else. Uninstalling should leave nothing behind the installer created. Run Launcher.exe and follow the instructions on the screen.

Requirements: English Red Alert 3.03 version. (

Nyerguds' 3.03 patch)

6 MB free disk space

For now, it is called Arda. This is the smallest possible version (about 3.3 MB). No video support, no language support, no additional music except for the fixed Voice Rhythm 2. If you want to get explanations for all the stuff, go to the folder "Arda" in your Red Alert directory. It contains the manual. The larger versions with language support will be available if this one works. Please tell me that it works ^_^.

Thanks for bearing with me so far, even if this took longer than I anticipated. Have fun testing! :)

• Upvote 1

I keep getting internal errors in the TFD installation and I have Visual C++ 2010 Runtime libraries. And the launcher is horribly incompatible (Could no load ra95.dat) with the redalert installation at http://redalert1.com/ which has Hyper's -Lan function in it.

Thanks for testing so far!

If there was an instruction error, the debug folder should contain files named "except.....log" and "debug....log". Can you upload them (and possibly syringe.log) to some free filehoster and post the link?

Concerning the downloadable online version: The package does not contain a file named ra95.dat. Can you rename or copy the ra95.exe to ra95.dat and retry?

Edited by AlexB

ra95.dat moved from my main RA1 folder fixed this! Thanks! Shame I do not have my full soundtrack list and no high-res. :D

You can enable Hi-Res by putting this in a file called Arda.ini:

[Video]
Width=1024
Height=768
Adjust=yes

Adjust is optional and eliminates the black borders on the bottom and on the right.

At least the dll injection seems to be working. I'll upload the standard and full packages today.

I'll make updates as I fix whatever problems come up. Bullet sent me a list of things already, like slow movie startup.

I've encountered a strange issue. It seems like syringe keeps launching ra95.dat for me. I have to kill syringe.exe to make it stop.

http://tore.cnc-comm.../lolsyringe.png

Edit: nevermind, I renamed the wrong ra95.exe to ra95.dat, I used the ra95.exe launcher, silly me :P

Edited by Tore