AlexB

Looking for Testers

The ATS icon is a nice touch. Sometimes I make it buildable in skirmish just for fun, and now it has a proper icon! Would like to see the F-A Longbow and Nuke MiG get a icon though they werent buildable maybe just for skirmish reasons. ^^

how do u do the tiberian dawn power plant foundation? ive been trying alot in the rules.ini and no luck.

If the videos don't play smoothly and they appear to hang for seconds right after playback starts or if the sound is jerky, try to set "singlecpu=false" in ddraw.ini.

I'm preparing another version, with some updates to wall placement, the video dubbing and the launcher. WIll post the files this weekend.

Tore: Phew, 3200 processes... :o

Chad1233: I wanted to update the cameos for players only, that is, the ones that are "wrong" from the perspective of certain missions. Adding Longbow, Volkov, Chitzkoi, Nuke-Mig and friends is the modder's job, sorry.

zizo:

[POWR]
Foundation.Cell0=0,0
Foundation.Cell1=0,1
Foundation.Cell2=1,1
Foundation.Update0=1,0

Edited by AlexB

slight problem i installed it but when i ran a skirmish game it crashed i have cnc-ddraw installed and the TFD Unofficial patch rev 4 could this be the problem?

Hi dodgevipergts,

yes, it is possible, but I don't know what the patch changes, so I can't confirm with certainty. Can you send me the except-2012-.....log from the debug folder? There are free services like pastebin.com where you can post the contents quite easily.

Thanks! The exe has indeed been patched and I guess the No-CD feature is tripping. Maybe it collides with something TFD 1.04 is doing. If I'm right, the problem should go away if you enable Arda's No-CD option in the launcher, but I can't guarantee it won't just crash on the next possible collision.

New versions with an updated Launcher and fixed wall placement:

Mini (3.3MB) (Arda and not much more)

Standard (29.7MB) (more music tracks plus language support)

Full (84.7MB) (standard + French and German movies support)

Everything is going well so far great bit of kit actully especially the walls with guard range

EDIT: having a problem getting it to enable the gnrl to be used in skirmish do't have clue why tech level = 9, soviet ect. but wont work

Edited by dodgevipergts

This is because the GNRL gets overwritten in aftrmath.ini You will have to set the TechLevel there as well as in rules.ini

I noticed that the track Journey and others are missing... Are you saving these for a newer version?

Edit: The countrys are gone to! XD

Edited by Chad1233

Hi Chad1233,

I messed with the initialisation order. Now the audio file's existence is verified before the additional themes are added to the list. Will be fixed next time, maybe tomorrow.

How do we access the new stuff you area adding to RA1? I am sure they are not added to the default rules.ini or aftermath.ini in fact I do not know how to extract all of thew inis you threw in.

I want my TS/RA2 style wall system! XD

Edited by Chad1233

Hmm. I just tried it and I can't change the resolution. I did it in Arda.ini but it doesn't affect the game at all.

What's wrong ?

I made sure the resolution matches in Arda.ini and in DDraw.ini.

Might help you.

[Video]

Width=1280

Height=1024

Adjust=no

The adjust is for widescreen, mine is not.

If you need for example Sounds.ini just create a text file and call it Sounds.ini but ensure you have file name extensions enabled in windows. The option is located at Folderoptions. :)

Remember to have an empty row at the end in Sounds.ini or the last Sound can not be used. Soundnames only may have 8 characters.

Chad1233: The resolution of Arda.ini do not have to match with the resolution in ddraw.ini. If you configure the resolution in Arda.ini, you do not have to set it in ddraw.ini. The resolution settings in ddraw.ini are only for stretching anyway ;)

Edited by Bullet

Wow, this is amazing and quite quick. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the command and patch sub-forum though, now that this is the definative RA1 patch?

How exactly does the hi-res work? I set it in Arda.ini, but it doesn't change anything.

There's a small typo in the manual - In addition to to mandatory removal of Hitler

Edited by KevinLancaster

Hi all,

the next release might come tomorrow. Nothing fancy, just bugfixes mainly.

How do we access the new stuff you area adding to RA1? I am sure they are not added to the default rules.ini or aftermath.ini in fact I do not know how to extract all of thew inis you threw in.

I want my TS/RA2 style wall system! XD

Most of the Tags are for rules.ini, aftrmath.ini, mplayer.ini and the scenario inis. To enable the wall feature, extract rules.ini from the original mixes and put GuardRange=5 on [bRIK], [sBAG], or the other "wall buildings". Use other values to allow for shorter or longer connections.

The new inis like sound.ini do not exist by default, so you would have to create them in the game folder.

Hmm. I just tried it and I can't change the resolution. I did it in Arda.ini but it doesn't affect the game at all.

What's wrong ?

How exactly does the hi-res work? I set it in Arda.ini, but it doesn't change anything.

There's a small typo in the manual - In addition to to mandatory removal of Hitler

Did you launch RA through the Launcher.exe application? If yes and it still does not work, please open up syringe.log. Is there a line like "Requires English Red Alert 3.03" near the top? If yes, Arda does not know about your game version and thus it won't start.

Thanks for the typo hint. (I'm really glad. With my knowledge of the english language it could have been "I found a sentence that is not wrong!" :D)

Wow, this is amazing and quite quick. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the command and patch sub-forum though, now that this is the definative RA1 patch?

Thanks! Right now this is a test version, nothing supposed to be widely used yet. I think it's to soon to answer this question, and I'm not in the position to answer it anyhow.

Edited by AlexB

I guess you are using the package with the expansions? If you are, the next release will accept that game. (Bullet asked me to add support for it).

I guess you are using the package with the expansions? If you are, the next release will accept that game. (Bullet asked me to add support for it).

You mean the version coming out tomorrow?

Also, do you have everything from http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc/ra/patches/ ?

Nope, NoCD is included, deinterlacing of course, movies2 is always loaded. CS and AM are enableable by the registry keys. The others are not included.

You mean the version coming out tomorrow?

If you using the redalert1.com version with expansions, the next Arda release will support it. It's hard to tell when that will be, depending on timezone. Most likely about 15h-20h from now on.