AlexB

Looking for Testers

FullRA+ is outdated because it is messed up and old and has some weird settings like changed colours and it has the Westwoodchat bug. When you first time install it and you want to start FullRA+ it says it can not start because Westwoodchat is not installed. Additionally it has a different EXE because it has this Nurplemapfix. TFD is the best Version, also for Arda :)

And until now, also the patched Version of TFD with the unofficial Patch 1.03 Revision 4 worked for me :thumbsup:

deactivate the No-CD mode. Because the original installers do not copy all the files to the harddisk
Ahh, well this would be it then. Funny I tried copying the mix files over and got past that hurdle only to then get 'unable to read scenario' errors.

Has anyone tried using the 'Red Alert Setup Manager v0.98' tool in conjunction with arda?

I guess in a long winded way I'm trying to ask if there will be a 'complete no-cd game installation pack' with the latest arda and all music, similar to nyerguds' installer with his latest patch. I don't know if that is a goal of this project or not, I just hate having to mess about with virtual drives and multiple files and the like in my old age :P

Edited by r34ch

Hi r34ch,

I started coding a setup tool to create a combined main.mix from the ISO/CD mixes already, but it's not finished for a release yet. It requires about 2.5 GB free disk space in this process, but it creates a mix file that should have the same size as the TFD installation. I won't provide a complete package, though -- it would be too large to host it, and considering Arda's beta state, constant updates would kill my connection :D

Yeah, "Red Alert Setup Manager v0.98" does not work for the expansion packs. Not to self-promote, but I repackaged all the movies and music and made a torrent: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6567207/Optimized__.mixs_%28v1%29_for_Command__amp__Conquer__Red_Alert

It is quite complete, and contains pretty good documention of what I did. :) The only issues I can think of are it includes the modded "system critical" mission ini to avoid the surfacing sub error (Arda disables this moddification in single player, a MUCH better solution), and it is in fact based off FullRA+ (But I own all 4 physical CD's and reverted some things, and am not sure that it's flaws are reflected in the mix files).

Hi all,

I uploaded yet another testing version. This time, three bugs have been fixed:

• England and France country bonuses
  • Instant Repair on Service Depot
  • Shroud Regrowing from Gap Gens even with active GPS

The features present on the last picture are:

• Turret on Back option draws the turret on the back of the unit, not centered (like MGG)
  • Special "attack turret" like the MSAM has. If the unit is idling, the turret is lowered.
  • Ammo turrets, displaying a number of missiles depending on ammo like the MRLS has (number is customizable)
  • Auto-reloading for units like the V2RL. This adds the Reload= tag, which was not in RA.

Also added, but not in the picture

• Alternate unit body graphics depending on ammo like the V2RL
  • SelectionBrackets for units fixed. Now also accepts non-square rectangles.
  • Portable mode: If enabled, CStrikeInstalled and AftermathInstalled are read from arda.ini.
  • Some more changes.

Get the latest version here.

Examples (Image= files not included in Arda):

; MLRS from TD
[unitType]
Image=MLRS
TurretOnBack=yes
AmmoTurretCount=3
TurretAmmoFrames.Start=32
TurretAmmoFrames.Count=32
Reload=450

; MSAM from TD
[unitType]
Image=MSAM
TurretOnBack=yes
TurretFrames.Start=64
TurretFrames.Count=32
TurretTargetFrames.Start=32
TurretTargetFrames.Count=32

There is a old bug where the Construction Yard's animation never finishes at one point when you building something and just reverts back to it's current state.

Example:http://ra.afraid.org/html/misc/animations.html The Construction Yard here is suppose to pick up the crate bring it up front and bring it down and the crate opens it's self. In-game it only picks up the crate moves it up some and the animation stops playing.

Also look at the Iron Curtain has anyone ever seen it lit up red like that?

Hi Chad1233,

I've seen that bug. I'll try to solve it sometime. IIRC it is at the same location the repair bay fix is, but it is only a cosmetical issue.

I enabled the Iron Curtain anim. it doesn't look that good if looped. I also tested a custom anim. Maybe I can enable it for the next version, but it won't make it into the final product.

And a quick update for everyone:

The bonus fixes don't work, because one expert made it calculate the multiplicative inverse every time the value is read. If it is set in rules, it would be fixed, but reading aftrmath.ini undoes this change again, which is no smart move. Sorry. :(

I do not think the red charge was meant to loop it probably did that when you use the Iron Curtain on something. *sigh* I sure wish the super weapons were more useful , do you think it is possible to make them work on multiple units in a group instead of 1 at a time? I would put this in my own custom rules if possible.

Edited by Chad1233

think you could add in a rank system or power offline or maybe hijackers like in TS that would increase amazingness even more

Edited by dodgevipergts

I do not think the red charge was meant to loop it probably did that when you use the Iron Curtain on something. *sigh* I sure wish the super weapons were more useful , do you think it is possible to make them work on multiple units in a group instead of 1 at a time? I would put this in my own custom rules if possible.

ironcurtain curtain more than one unit would rock like in ra2

I don't think it's a looping anim either, but for testing I made it a looping anim, because otherwise I had to wait for minutes just to see the anim play once. Extending the range is possible for the iron curtain, but not for the Chronosphere. I have not planned to extend the super weapons yet.

think you could add in a rank system or power offline or maybe hijackers like in TS that would increase amazingness even more

All these features change great aspects of the game, gameplay-wise and code-wise. Without the source code, I won't even attempt this.

ok so matbe all that stuff was a bit over the top quess i've just been modding ts for to long still keep the good stuff rolling

I wishfully wait for the next release with new Bugfixes so RA is playable again :)

being able to change what building and which team gives you special weapons like pare trooper, parabombs ect. would be cool

AlexB, do you know why installing any of the expansions removes the parabomb ability the Soviets have in skirmish (after they buy an Airfield)?

Umm, IIRC parabombs was never available in skirmish or multiplay, besides as crate goodie.

Umm, IIRC parabombs was never available in skirmish or multiplay, besides as crate goodie.

i know but it'd be nice if you could you can make para troopers special drop para bombs in skirmish but then theres no para troopers

It's possible If you read the earlier posts about me mentioning it the Parabomb SW just made a check if the game was Singleplayer or Skirmish. Just gotta remove that check and move it the rules.

hi.

1. if i add to arda.ini

[Video]

Width=1024

Height=768

Adjust=yes

trying to start the game via launcher.exe i have got an error: cant set video mode. if adjust=no then game starts but once im in game game stucks.

2. please fix paranoid mode!

in 3.03 they have made something to ra95.exe and paranoid=yes(in rules.ini) is not working anymore =(

Hi,

I am loving what you are doing here, this is great ! - Two questions that have bugged me for years,

1. Is there any chance of getting bigger maps ? 256x256 ?

2. will it be possible to add build queues

I know its a long shot asking but would be over joyed if any where possible

Many Thanks

Spyda

Hi all,

sorry for the recent lack of updates. I'm currently working on my other project, Ares, which finally is nearing completion. I'll get back to Arda soon.

AlexB, do you know why installing any of the expansions removes the parabomb ability the Soviets have in skirmish (after they buy an Airfield)?

Parabombs are indeed disabled in multiplayer modes. It is an easy change, but changing which SW is connected to which builiding type is more difficult.

hi. 1. if i add to arda.ini [Video] Width=1024 Height=768 Adjust=yes trying to start the game via launcher.exe i have got an error: cant set video mode. if adjust=no then game starts but once im in game game stucks. 2. please fix paranoid mode! in 3.03 they have made something to ra95.exe and paranoid=yes(in rules.ini) is not working anymore =(

1) Yeah, that's a problem, because adjust snaps the resolution to the 24x24-cell-grid. This results in a video mode the game does not support. I have yet to find a way to fix it.

2) I don't know where this tag is applied, and I don't know how it was supposed to work.

Hi, I am loving what you are doing here, this is great ! - Two questions that have bugged me for years, 1. Is there any chance of getting bigger maps ? 256x256 ? 2. will it be possible to add build queues I know its a long shot asking but would be over joyed if any where possible Many Thanks Spyda

0) Thanks :)

1) Without the source code, maps will not get bigger in this decade. The maximum size of maps is hardcoded in places that can't be expanded without turning the game upside down, in the data formats of foundations and cell indexes and in sanity checks all though the game. Sorry.

2) Build queues are a rather complex feature. Too early to say anything definite.

2 AlexB

-=Paranoid mode=-

I like to play RA1: aftermath vs AI. If paranoid=yes (in rules.ini) than if one of AI dies than other AI's continue togather against me(if there was 8 AI then 7 will play together against you ). and that was extremely cool! i have time to build up base and than once they ally they did huge attacks like hundrets of units etc... but now in ver 3.03 paranoid is not working like it is in 2.00 =( AI always fight each other and they almost do not attack me - and that really sucks =( i know that westwood fixed some futures in RA95.EXE ver 3.03 some of the futures that soppose to be in rules.ini. I play ver 2.00 now but it has a lot of bugs so 3 out of 4 times game stucks at random moments =( ver 3.03 working fine but i see no point to play in that version at all. I dont want to play vs human, cose If i play like RA super skiller than beauty of the game is dissappearing for me.

Edited by mrgreenno1

Hi Alex,

I seem to be having some problems playing games in skirmish. After about a minute or so the game freezes. The version i am using is a clean install from the original CD's with the 3.03 patch applied. If i use the no CD option all i get is a black screen when starting a new game, all i can see is my infantry and the right hand-side bar. If i play with the CD this doesn’t happen but can only play for a minute until it crashes. I am playing it in hi-res and on custom 126x126 maps. I ve attached 3 of the crash reports, all came from running off the CD in a skirmish game

Thanks !!

http://pastebin.com/fr2SQCZd

http://pastebin.com/gjwdwfYV

http://pastebin.com/VEzX7BuS