AlexB

Looking for Testers

The other installers have been updated also.

codeine: To change how often a certain crate appears, have a look at [Powerups] in rules.ini. Sum up the first values. that's the total share. If you divide one of the values by this number and multiply this by 100, you got the percentage of probability a crate appears.

With ddraw.dll, Ctrl-S creates a png screenshot.

I might get to try the new version today. But my signifigant other has been getting impatient with me lately ^_^

Have there been stability upgrades with this version? I cant even seem to get to the 2nd mission in my Mod campaign without a crash, no matter which method of implementing the new levels I use. I did the usual replacing original missions (SCG01EA etc...) and the new feature of adding mini campaigns but it keeps crashing at the map select for mission 2.

Can you post the except file at pastebin.com?

Well I played a few Skirmish games (mega maps with 7 AI's) and a few of the expansion missions (the Allied sarin gas missions and "Brothers in Arms") and it hasn't crashed or died on me yet. My standard RA sometimes used to crash on its own (when scrolling off screen, or when a SAM shoots off the map etc)

Haven't tried any custom mods or anything (i have just standard rules.ini with a few things edited, mrj turned into flame tank using the flame tank sprite etc)

haven't looked at this thread for ages and i've got to say it's come along way since i last saw it well done AlexB and keep up the good work

Hi Alex,

Good to see an update has come out, going back to my question, how hard would it be to add an option in the ini file for disabling the build speed limit aftermath implements? I know you mnetioned its hard coded somewhere is there a way of getting rid of it or making it into an option to turn on/off

This will bring back tank rushing with aftermath units for our LAN games which is really good fun -

Huh? I thought that WAS an option in 3.03.

No not for Skirmish and LAN games with the aftermath mod applied, the build limit is stuck on 3 - you gain no more build speed regardless of how many MCV's / war factorys you have

It's two different things: The slow build speed setting that is available in Internet games normally multiplies the build time, and the fact that multiple factories reduce the build time. If new Aftermath units are enabled, the multiple factory logic is capped at 2, thus the second factory will give you a bonus, the third one will not give an additional bonus any more. It is possible to lift this change, or make it customizable.

It's two different things: The slow build speed setting that is available in Internet games normally multiplies the build time, and the fact that multiple factories reduce the build time. If new Aftermath units are enabled, the multiple factory logic is capped at 2, thus the second factory will give you a bonus, the third one will not give an additional bonus any more. It is possible to lift this change, or make it customizable.

Ah that would be amazing if you could, for me that would complete the mod, (i know you are doing so much more but this simple feature is what ive always wanted ) It has bugged me since aftermath was released all those years ago, i would be so chuffed if this can be implemented :-D

yeah you can now turn on slow unit build in skirmish too, doing this just slows down vehicle construction by (it seems) about 3 times. you still have a 2 war factory limit on this before no time increase is seen. having this turned on in Skirmish means the AI's spam even more infantry than usual e.g. 50+ infantry scattered around 1 base

I can't seem to change the resolution without making the colors glitch, and the videos goes off-center.

This is somewhat annoying, as I seem to recall the original RA supporting 800x600 in Windows 95 mode without an issue.

The original RA never did 800x600, though in those CRT days 640x400 vs 800x600 was pretty minor.

I found a non crashing bug. Maybe more of an observation. I was tinkering with custom unit sounds for tanya, commando for me, and assigned all the response sounds I wanted. Apparently red alert expects a certain number of reponses for each sound group (moving, attacking, selecting etc..) if the number of custom sounds you add is not the same amount of sounds in the vanilla sound group, then red alert selects the default sounds anyway to fill in the ones you misses, but does not overwrite your custom sounds. I tried just listing the sounds more than once under the unit type to compencate but that does not work. I would have to define the same actual sound twice and list each one. In this case I think we need a list of the sounds each unit makes and how many are in each group so we all know how many to replace. Maybe I could work on that.

I can't seem to change the resolution without making the colors glitch, and the videos goes off-center.

This is somewhat annoying, as I seem to recall the original RA supporting 800x600 in Windows 95 mode without an issue.

Original RA only had the choice between DOS RA in 320x200, and RA95 in 640x400, or 640x400 with black strips around it to make it 640x480.

I seem to recall the original RA supporting 800x600 in Windows 95 mode without an issue.

You're most likely thinking of RA2.

Anyway, just tested the recent update, and...

...I have encountered no bugs! Excellent work AlexB!

I've noticed a non-fatal bug with freezing videos, that pause and then resume, and delays in audio, mainly for the score scene.

Adding cnc-ddraw fixed my color issues.

ROB: I'll look into this. Do all the voices you added to the list exist? If defined, the voice list should replace the original lists completely, so no knowledge about the internal voice lists should be needed.

Prisoner416: Does this also happen if you disable the SingleCPU option in ddraw.ini?

Yeah all the sounds I did define are there. But ra does not completely overwrote default. My commando still says tanya: "I'm there" and another move response I cant remember. Even after I defined 2 additional reponse sounds it did not work. E7 is the only unit I have tried so far.

Also, I seem to have lost several except logs I was gonna upload on that site. I got the new mission featurs to work but haven't tinkered with map selection anu further, just disabled for now. I have several new logs ill get to that site later. Still seems to crash sometimes when I click aftermath missions or certain skrimish maps.

Btw... any way to add building frames possible like the hospital?

E7 is the worst infantry unit to test the voice list :D It has many hardcoded sounds like for dying, idling and C4ing buildings.

I experiemented with building animations already, but there is no way to create your own as of now.

i had a crash when lots of PT boats were shooting at a dog that was also attacking the spy. the doggie attacked and killed the spy, during which lots of pt boat shells landed on the dog, and the game crashed.

i think this might be a normal RA bug as i'm sure something similar happened on the playstation, lots of tanks attacked a dog as it killed an infantry unit, and the dog became some unselectable, unmovable, unkillable ghost dog. i will see if i can cause it again

Hi codeine,

Arda should have created an except.txt for this, which might help to find the reason. Can you upload it?

In the same folder as the debug logs. If you sort the files by date, the excepts should be next to the related debug.log of the same match.

Another trivial issue related to using Ants as a base for new Vehicles; when damaged to 50% health or lower, unlike all other units they don't 'smoke'. Not exactly a gamebreaker, but just something I thought I'd mention.

If this has already been covered though, I'll just have to put some glasses on and read the manual properly.