Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Purified with SOPA

So currently the English Wikipedia is blacked out in protest against SOPA and PIPA.

I am a strong opponent to both piracy and these two acts...

...or at least I was until I saw Uncyclopedia's response as you can see below (and currently as of writing this if you click the link):

Purified.jpg

Now they've got me thinking... maybe the internet does need a little purification. Purified with SOPA, you might say.

I think there is a misunderstanding as to what the word 'purify' means. ;)

Just tricked Wikipedia to open even with the SOPA banner.

Wait it load the text and press "Stop Load".

yay! you are inside Wikipedia.

You also can disable javascript.

Edited by pichorra

Or you can just put "?banner=none" to the end of the URL.

We had a brief discussion about blacking out CNCNZ.com for the day, obviously we didn't do it. From my point of view it would have pissed most people off anyway. Don't get me wrong I support the cause but me blacking out this site for the day makes very little difference.

This is the host of the Command & Patch project and TibED. I'm pretty sure that they both wouldn't be much happy with it.

This is the host of the Command & Patch project and TibED. I'm pretty sure that they both wouldn't be much happy with it.

Plus Tiberium Legos/C&C Legos and the archives of C&CTV shows and episodes.

We had a brief discussion about blacking out CNCNZ.com for the day, obviously we didn't do it. From my point of view it would have pissed most people off anyway. Don't get me wrong I support the cause but me blacking out this site for the day makes very little difference.

And yet the blackouts caused Senators and House Reps to change their stances by the truckloads. I'd say your thesis doesn't hold up to empirical evidence.