Sign in to follow this  
humhum

Can not log in Zero Hour online

I'm old Zerohour player

i was playing 2 days ago then suddenly game was shut down

after that

when ever i try to log in online it keeps telling me " u could not log in Generals zerohour online "

i delete the game and re set it up !!

it downloaded the new patch

then again i can not log in

also

i can not create new account !!

is it EA servers ??

or i have a problem ??

I'm using Win7 32

post-8696-0-46163600-1326969573_thumb.jpg

Edited by humhum

Hmmmm.... Not sure, but I think they no longer support Generals and Zero Hour. Their old site had MP info for Gens and newer games, but this one only has C&C 3 onwards. Again, not sure.

Or maybe it's cracked?

Generals stands on GameSpy servers. If you are using router try to port forward. How? Go here click on the 'Routers" bookmark and find your router there. Rest is simple as pee. :)

Moreover if you have GameSpy account on which you are using same e-mail adress, you have to use the same e-mail to log-in. Otherwise just create new account on new e-mail, that's all.

Edited by Traymen

Trust me, no amount of port forwarding will help.

i think they dropped the servers for newer games.

EA...they just want money, and seen the C&C Generals ZH servers as a drain of money.

EDIT:

if im wrong, it might be that vista and Win 7 dont like ZH.

my copy of TFD ZH does not even get as far as the log in info, it stops with the "Could not connect to Generals Zero hour servers.

Please check your Internet connection" error, but my Internet is just fine.

Edited by Galacticruler

Unless EA has the ability to shutdown GameSpy, I don't think that Gen/ZH multiplayer is going to go offline anytime soon. This means that most connectivity issues are on the users end, unfortunately. It mostly boils down to Windows Vista/7 compatability and/or router issues.

Sorry, but I don't have any solutions to offer. Haven't touch multiplayer in a very long time and probably won't be getting into it anytime soon. :/

Edited by BigJoe

Well...it can't be me, multi-player at least loaded before this, now it wont go to the login screen!

i do believe the servers got dropped to make room for bigger, newer games.

Game works fine on MP...

Well...it can't be me, multi-player at least loaded before this, now it wont go to the login screen!

i do believe the servers got dropped to make room for bigger, newer games.

Plenty of people on GameReplays are still playing Gen/ZH online. The servers did not get dropped. It's you.

Edit: Literally just logged into the online lobby just fine without any issues. It's your problem dude, sorry.

Edited by BigJoe