Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

GDI & Nod to Team Up in Tiberium Alliances

In a quick update on Twitter, Menthur, the community manager for Tiberium Alliances, has mentioned that GDI and Nod will be able to form alliances of their own to battle other enemy forces.

ZFePp.png

@CnCAlliances

Tiberium Alliances

Did you know that GDI and Nod will be able to unite and form an alliance to battle against other forces? #TiberiumAlliances

Mthr~

Can someone who is loyal to the Brotherhood really team up with those GDI oppressors? I guess in the Tiberium Alliances world anything is possible. Click here for the original update.

Can someone who is loyal to the Brotherhood really team up with those GDI oppressors?

NEVER! Death to the heretics, in the name of Kane!!

[/noddierage]

Might work out with those different game styles. That'd be ideal.

Guest Stevie_K

Can someone who is loyal to the Brotherhood really team up with those GDI oppressors?

Not in my opinion.

Exactly the grand battle with faction against faction, was one of the things I was hoping for with this title.

I need to stop having any expectations at all for upcoming C&C titles. When will I learn!? :P

It makes sense for a gameplay perspective, but I'm utterly dissapointed from a lore perspective.

This could have been the ultimate war for tiberium along faction lines... but no they've gone for cheap thrills.

bah.

Its not that inconsistent with the lore, in Tiberium Firestorm GDI and Nod align temporarily to defeat Cabal. They also align again in Tiberium Wars whilst Killian tries to work out what to do.

This game isn't supposed to be canon though, so who cares?

I care... a lot... about stupid things like this.

Now on my wishlist... keep the beta world running... keep the fruity nod/gdi alliances on a seperate unranked world... and keep the official world with pure faction alliances only.

Next I'd like to win the next gazillionaire lottery... after that...

Guest Stevie_K

This game isn't supposed to be canon though, so who cares?

True, but why actually? Has the community become so sensitive to lore changes, that the developers have decided to avoid it completely, or is it simply not necessary with this title?

Kinda both? :P

Just because it isn't cannon doesn't mean they shouldn't get the fundamentals right, else what is the point in calling Command & Conquer Tiberium?

That being said, alliances as I stated above aren't contrary to lore, and besides when it comes to gameplay it doesn't matter anyway. Least we get forced lore like various WWII games where its only Allies vs Nazis.

BAH HUMBUG...

According to Russian game magazine, GDI and Nod can fight against Forgotten together

Edited by YkudzA

I *was* suprised by the note that the Forgotten would not be a playable faction... if either faction deserves to be in an alliance it's the Forgotten. Since that seemed to be an important plot point of TibSun.