Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Honest Assessment

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep the series running AFTER season 4?

• Yes. Continue with another C&C game.
    • Yes, but do it differently.
    • No. Time to move on to something else.

Guest Rabbit

Something I've been thinking about for a little while is whether or not I should continue the C&C Legos series beyond season 4. After Yuri's Revenge, it's basically move onto Generals or C&C 3. With the slowly declining views, I've been wondering if it's worth it to keep the series running for the few people that watch these episodes around the community.

What I want is an honest, no bull**** assessment of what you think I should do. If you have any suggestions towards or against, feel free to post them here.

Also, if you are not a regular viewer of the series, feel free to tell me why. I'm honestly curious to know, because if you're not into this show, because it simply doesn't interest you, then it helps me to understand the overall consensus.

Let me give you my reasons for why I think I should and shouldn't continue.

I should because:

• people still support the show
  • Making each episode gives me experience.
  • It's also a decent way to pass the time as we slowly wait for the next game to come out.

I shouldn't because:

• Views and comments are declining, andd frankly, the only way I gather any solid views is if I'm lucky enough to have EA or PC gamer post an episode on their news feed.
  • If I stop, I can work on my own series, which could boost me in my own personal direction.
  • Frankly, it's a lot of work for a game series that has a questionable future right now.

Let me know what you think. If you post solid reasons pointing either way, I'll add them to my list.

Yes I think it should continue, mostly because it generates content for the site, its a unique community feature that no other site has.

It should move on to C&C 3/KW era. Generals presence is marked by the short GLA Diaries.

In order to boost viewer numbers you need to promote it more. Uploading it YouTube then sitting back doesn't cut it, this applies to anything really. Plus I wouldn't take the viewer numbers on YouTube has an accurate reading. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that only counts the views on YouTube, views of an embedded video are not counted.

• Upvote 1

Even though I remember the series had 5-digit view numbers on the old "CNCNZcom" Youtube channel, this average number of 5000/6000 is nice in a time when only the two trailers of upcoming C&C games keep the community alive. Make a fifth season, and we'll see.

Guest Rabbit

@Sonic

Well, I do post it on several different sites. I post it on the official C&C forums, and I do see it pop up on random C&C fansites in non-english speaking countries, but I'm not really sure at this point how to promote it more without pulling a "BUY MY BOOK" type routine. What suggestions do you have?

Honestly, I think the numbers are irrelevant. Since you aren't getting paid, there should only be one factor to consider. Do you want to keep making them. If you enjoy what you are doing, then it doesn't matter if only 20 people look at it, you should keep doing it. If you only do it because you feel obligated and find no real enjoyment, you shouldn't keep doing it even if you have 5,000,000 fans.

I think it is also a fallacy to look back on how popular you once were, you took an extended hiatus, that will invariably damage your fan base.

• Upvote 1

@Sonic

Well, I do post it on several different sites. I post it on the official C&C forums, and I do see it pop up on random C&C fansites in non-english speaking countries, but I'm not really sure at this point how to promote it more without pulling a "BUY MY BOOK" type routine. What suggestions do you have?

One idea would be to fire off an e-mail to EA_CIRE when a new episode is done and ask for him to post on the official site ASAP.

And I agree with Nmenth, he makes some good points.

I made a decision to stay out of the creative process of the episodes because I found I enjoyed the surprise of seeing the episode fresh. But I would be dissapointed if you didn't continue with the other series. And I hope you continue past the 'seasons' and do odd episodes or odd situations adhoc.

I don't pay attention to the view counts, but the important thing, is do you enjoy it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Personally, the later episodes have become more and more technically beautiful, but more and more straight forward. It seems to lack some punch in the comedy department. Needs more in-jokes and gags.

I really enjoy these Zee and I hope you continue.

You should definitely continue, mostly because I feel C&C Lego's is becoming progressively better. Also, a Generals Legos series would be awesome :3

ask Zunnie, to spread it?

Our TCW Mod, got a lot of Views and that Daily, min 400 people each day.

Here we go. Lifetime numbers of views for each episode of this season. Show where the views come from as well.

Isvna.png

erXwF.png

9So9c.png

erGiD.png

bIDqh.png

4Ib10.png

Since you are getting better on C&C Legos, it's best to continue until the very end. Since Generals 2 will soon be released next year, after the end of C&C Legos Red Alert (as season 4), why not go for C&C Legos Generals with ten episodes each? It can combine Generals 1, Zero Hour & Generals 2. But since Generals 1 didn't have a real story and Zero Hour had a partial one, maybe in the future someone may make an epic script and have its scenarios similar to.... what COD Modern Warfare Legos had. ;)

Why Generals? It's because C&C Generals (and the Generals modding community) is getting more popular than any other C&C game, meaning getting C&C Legos Generals in may hopefully get more people to watch the show.

I still support this show of course. :)

Edited by zocom7

Why Generals? It's because there's a much larger fan-base for C&C Generals (and the Generals modding community) than any other C&C game, meaning getting C&C Legos Generals in may hopefully get more people to watch the show.

?????

Scratch that part. If I have any doubt that C&C Generals is the most popular C&C around, it would have a large fan-base.

Honestly I think you should keep doing the CNC legos series and expand to another CNC game. its pretty much the CNC leggos that got me hooked on this website as well as the cnc stuff. I enjoyed watching the Red alert episodes as well as the original CNC ones too. Maybe you could do something from generals or maybe from a recently released game like CNC4. I guess as a suggestion for a CNC4 lego would be to havce an alternate ending that most CNC fans would have liked better than the original ending. Ive made some CNC lego stuff from CNC 4, But its mainly siloettes of the GDI Aircraft made out of Lego Duplo bricks and some regular lego bricks to better the shape. I have pictures but im not sure how to post them on this post. I did them back in october last year when I carved the Command and Conquer logo into a pumpkin and posted it on the Command and Conquer page on facebook and got over 1,200 likes! I even posted one of my cnc4 units out of legos on this sites facebook page too around the same time.

(I want to see your pumpkin!)

Guest Stevie_K

I'd say for now, you've done an impressive amount of work.

If you feel like going in a more personal direction, do that.

C&C is also here tomorrow. :)

So... out of all of CNCNZ's active members, only 8 have cast their votes in this poll?

Nevertheless, our Hypnotist should definitely do what he currently WANTS to do. It has been implied a couple of times before that C&C material that is used in the series is getting a little streched. And as Jehal just stated: C&C will always be here. So there is really no need to keep on pumping oil out of a nearly exausted pump site. The series can always make a come back once Zee gets more inspiration and his mind refreashes a bit (if he chooses to do so).

The main question here is does Zee really want to continue with these LEGO videos. The base of all this creative content is his will and inspiration to make it happen.

Good point there. But still, even though there aren't many people watching it, those that do still like it. Heck, you made even Speeder from the Mental Omega team Tweet links to each new episode :P

But I disagree with Jehal and AZ-Stalker in one thing: no one guarantees you that C&C will always be there. Gens2 and TA might end up like the Tiberium FPS, making C&C an abandoned series like No One Lives Forever or Lands of Lore or Thief.

So... out of all of CNCNZ's active members, only 8 have cast their votes in this poll?

A pretty good turn out really. I think 5-6 votes is probably the average you can expect from CNCNZ.com polls.

I didn't vote myself because I didn't agree with any of the answers.

• Downvote 1

But I disagree with Jehal and AZ-Stalker in one thing: no one guarantees you that C&C will always be there. Gens2 and TA might end up like the Tiberium FPS, making C&C an abandoned series like No One Lives Forever or Lands of Lore or Thief.

Well C&C has to die one day, but only in the official sense. I honestly doubt long time fans such as the people that make up the active community that exists today will just duck and hide in holes and whatnot. Just look at Renegade X for example... C&C lives as long as we who support it keep investing in it. Fans keep C&C alive, players.

Ofcourse, with Generals 2 being on the rise, the C&C community is at it's peek in numbers. If C&C were to die off and lay low for a few years the come back of C&C LEGOs wouldn't have a large impact due to the fact that C&C would be partialy forgotten in many eyes. I mean sure, it could rejuvinate the community at a later time with some nostalgia and so on but I think that would only work for the part of the community which really loves the LEGO version of C&C. You can also forgett about newer generations supporting Command & Conquer (LEGO) humor solely on the fact that more classic C&C games just aren't their thing.

I'd like to say to Zee that it's "now or never" but thats up to him.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of this... :angel:

Ofcourse, with Generals 2 being on the rise, the C&C community is at it's peek in numbers.

:facepalm:

You can also forgett about newer generations supporting Command & Conquer (LEGO) humor solely on the fact that more classic C&C games just aren't their thing.

Sorry, but I see more Westwood whiners than people who like TW, RA3 and TT above the classics around the community. So basically, the longer Zee sticks to pre-TW games, the more likes he's gonna get on Youtube.

I think Zee should continue with series, because they have a great success and have a lot of cncn fans watching it.

But If he wishes to end them, i think he should end them with a big note, just like Mark Hamill did in Batman Arkham City.

Still, Respect the show and it's creator. Kepp going man,your the best. BTW next season should CnC Generals