Sign in to follow this  
Mistikal

Credit Amount Limit?

Does anyone know what the limit is for credits in RA? Currently got a skirmish running, and just for the sake of it I've let it run for a few days (running it in a Virtual PC box) and I am up to 876,683,926.

:o

Could you do a screenshot when it hits 1 billion?

Red Alert uses two credits values, like bank account and ore storage. Each of these values can store up to (at least) 2 billion credits, but it is possible 2 billions (2^31 - 1) are the overall max value, due to integer overflow.

Interesting. It makes sense though, but where does the first value get used? I thought the money was worthless if you didn't have enough silos to store the funds.

Missions can define FillSilos=yes, which puts the starting credits into the silos, and if there aren't enough, the money is lost. If this is disabled, it stays in the bank.

Harvesters unloading at the refinery add to the storage. If you build something, the storage is used first, then the bank. Refunds go to the bank. This is the reason you can spare the silos by building and cancelling units or buildings.