Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Renegade X: Community Q&A Season 2 - Episode #4

The fourth episode in season 2 of the Renegade X: Community Q&A video series has been posted. This week's video includes about 12 questions covering a varied range of topics like: "Is Renegade X the best remake ever made? Is Vertical sync possible in Renegade X?" and more. Watch the latest episode via the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel below.

Past episodes of the Renegade X: Community Q&A can be found via the C&C 365 News Videos playlist on the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel.

They should show off new content, apologize for ****ing up Black Dawn so badly and try to attract the attention of Renegade fans instead of CoD fan boys, instead of doing these lame podcasts.

Edited by Iran
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

So are you always hypercritical?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

^this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why dismiss what he says? He has very legitimate criticism, regardless of how it's presented. Only a fool would disregard valid criticism because the person giving it is abrasive.

For the record, the actual RenX team don't make these Community Q&A videos. They are made by Jam, who is not on the RenX team but is closely affiliated with them. As usual with a lot of comments I've seen on here lately the criticism is unfair and unwarranted.

• Upvote 1

Why dismiss what he says? He has very legitimate criticism, regardless of how it's presented. Only a fool would disregard valid criticism because the person giving it is abrasive.

I merely asked him a question. It is undeniable he is being hypercritical, so is he always like that or does he just carry several chips on his shoulder? If he is always hypercritical, he has a serious problem and shouldn't log onto the internet until he takes care of that. If it is just specific things, he is heavily biased and should probably learn how to see things in perspective and work on clearing out those grudges before voicing his skewed opinions.

Now I will address his "valid criticism". He is making three points:

1. They should show off new content -
    What kind of new content is he expecting? The bulk of the game is finished; they aren't going to be producing large quantities of new content at this point. So what then, they need to take actual time away from their work to show that they fixed a bug, or fixed an ugly spot on a vehicle skin? Don't be ridiculous.
  2. apologize for ****ing up Black Dawn so badly -
    That is just a stupid remark. I was personally underwhelmed by Black Dawn as well, but I would never expect them to apologize for it. Despite falling short of expectations, they did a fairly good job on it. To refute that would be no less than arrogant. BD was free, the only harm that could have come from it is the amount of time you spent downloading it and playing it up until you discovered you hated it. It is every person's own choice as to how they spend their time though, and even if you feel you pursued a false promise, you still can only blame yourself. That people would ever pass the blame on how they wasted their own time is one of the most moronic trends of modern society.
  3. attract the attention of Renegade fans ... instead of doing these lame podcasts -
    Another self-deceptive comment. In my opinion, these podcasts are doing a good job of keeping their fans (not their critics) interested when they don't have goodies to show off (see #1).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hypercritical: Excessively and unreasonably critical, esp. of small faults.

I would agree with you if he were posting about how the grass didn't sway enough, or the rocks didn't have enough grooves in them or some other minutia that most people wouldn't notice or care about. He's posting about things that are highly relevant to people who wanted to enjoy Renegade X (myself included) and were very disappointed in the presentation and the lack of professionalism shown by their staff. While you're talking about perspective, I would recommend learning the definitions of the words you're trying to use to label Iran. Trust me when I say that they do not mean what you think they mean. ;-)

1. I think he's expecting them to show new work - a lot of the things in Renegade X were dated visually or just odd. Havoc, for example. He doesn't really look like Havoc in Renegade. He's actually what I would call "low-detail" compared to the Renegade model - not in terms of polygon count, but in terms of texture development and how the polygons were utilized. He just doesn't look right. That's an example of what Iran is talking about.

2. I do agree that it's unnecessary, but I believe that they should apologize to anyone who got this as a response when complaining about a problem: "it's a free game." It's insulting, rude, and downright disrespectful to assume your fans aren't aware that it's free. The fact that they didn't pay for it should be obvious enough, but then to go on and make it some sort of defense of their work? It's free, so we won't listen to your complaints? That's a horrible attitude, certainly not befitting a team attempting to create professional game art. Imagine every person who posts on Polycount giving that response to critique. "Here's what's wrong, here's how you can fix it." "It's free to look at my work! Your opinions are irrelevant! Don't tell me how to fix it!"

3. If you have nothing to show off, there's really no reason to make "blogs" or "podcasts". Fluff will never be a replacement for solid news about a game project.

• Downvote 1

I'm going to have to disagree with most of what you said. Hypercritical fits what he said quite well. Reworking Havoc would not be new content and have they even hinted that they intended to, or are you just expecting them to fulfill your random whims? Finally, podcasts can convey non-pictorial changes, the type of changes you can expect them to be making at this point.

The one thing I will agree with you on is that their Havoc doesn't look like Havoc, in fact I said just that some time ago. However, unless they said they were thinking about remaking him, I would consider it highly unlikely.

Hypercritical: Excessively and unreasonably critical, esp. of small faults.

I would agree with you if he were posting about how the grass didn't sway enough, or the rocks didn't have enough grooves in them or some other minutia that most people wouldn't notice or care about. He's posting about things that are highly relevant to people who wanted to enjoy Renegade X (myself included) and were very disappointed in the presentation and the lack of professionalism shown by their staff. While you're talking about perspective, I would recommend learning the definitions of the words you're trying to use to label Iran. Trust me when I say that they do not mean what you think they mean. ;-)

ACK, learn to differ whining from constructive criticism. So far, you're really bad at it. All the stuff Iran said are the same sentence construction we hear all the time about EA for simply not being Westwood. Grow up.

Have to agree with Nmenth. The Podcasts are pretty much the only new content that could be shown right now and it's a lot more informative than showing the same old assets over and over again - I severely doubt they are reworking slightly subpar but iconic assets like Havoc ATM, there are a lot more important but less prominent visual changes necessary. Really the only "apology" for BD that I expect is that they polish the MP release of RenX properly and don't repeat past mistakes; if they don't do that, any verbal/written apology is not just out of place but also meaningless.

While agreeing on Sonic on this topic, is Jam a CM to Renegade-X?

is Jam a CM to Renegade-X?

In a way I guess he sort of is or could be. Only the man himself can confirm that though. Like I said before he's closely affiliated with the Renegade X team.