Sign in to follow this  
Koen

TibEd 2 beta 1a released

After a very long time, finally a new TibEd 2 version!

You can download it from http://www.tibed.net/download?tibed2beta .

If you have downloaded beta 1, then update to beta 1a at once, because beta 1 creates corrupt files and cannot export a mod to the game correctly. Files containing objects edited with beta 1 can *not* be recovered.

Or just go to http://www.tibed.net and follow the links.

What's new in beta 1a (build 65):

- Fixed mod exporting

- Fixed a serious file corruption issue with Generals INI files; editing any objects will damage these INI files. Armor.ini and others are just fine. Read the TibEd 2 readme for details: http://www.tibed.net/tibed2readme.htm

What's new in beta 1 (build 63):

- Completely rewrote backend to work with XML files now. You're going to notice this in future versions when I add support for adding stuff back in.

- Completely rewrote edit tree. The new edit tree has images in it and looks much cooler. That's what I think :D

tib2beta1_editwindow.png

- Added Music.ini editing

- May have fixed some bugs on Windows XP that never got sorted out (could be due to reduced access rights on user accounts); settings are now stored inside the user profile.

- Registration system: TibEd 2 now supports unlock codes so it can be registered for people who donate money.

- Console window is gone again

What's gone:

- Adding of <fill in anything here> is no longer in. Use alpha 13 until I add this back in (planned for beta 2). Putting this in would delay release too much and there's plenty testing to do right now.

- Jump buttons. They were cool in alpha 13... I know. They got broken in the rewrite process and they will be added again in the future.

Future plans:

- replace the property editor by ExpressVerticalGrid. It's what I have been trying to make myself using VirtualTreeView, and my own version of such a component hasn't come very far yet. So I can save weeks of work by using that component... but it isn't free. $220 is a lot of money, you know. This would be part #3 of the rewrite, after part #1 (backend) and part #2 (edit tree).

- reimplement adding of <anything>

- implement jump buttons in ExpressVerticalGrid (see point 1)

- add editing of more INI files? But which ones are useful?

Nice going Koen :D .

Though when I load my Alpha 13 Project, I can't edit the Music.INI.

I need to start a new project in Beta 1 for me to view the Music.INI.

But nice work Koen :)

Guest Tank General

It cant seem to find any files for Zero Hour, and when I first loaded it, it said that I had been using it for 38,231 days! I wont even live for that long! Any suggestions?

you will live that long numskull

and the other thing, yeah, when you open tibed 2, you get a pop-up with the two icons, C&C generals, and Zero Hour respectively.

UNDERNETH those two icons is a directory. it has been put on DEFAULT obviously, you havnt properly directed your .exe for generals, or zero hour. thats why you get the error!

I don't suppose you could post this on CNC Community Koen?

Just head over to the webbies board and start a new thread.

Well this is a private test at the moment, it appears there is a (huge) bug with exporting bugs right now. So the announcement will be postponed until Friday, I think.

And I had better check out the day-counting system as well to see if there are any bugs in it ;)

I've replaced beta 1 by beta 1a because I've found two critical problems:

- you can't export mods (which is a good thing because...)

- beta 1 corrupts INI files (esp. FactionUnit.ini and FactionBuilding.ini). It appears that EA sometimes forgot to include a = in a line; these lines were lost in TibEd 2. Also, the American Battleship includes an AltTurret tag which wasn't recognized properly by TibEd, causing the End tags to be messed up. This bug was also in alpha 13, and I don't know what would happen there if you edit the Battleship. It will probably keep silent and mess things up silently, while beta 1 causes major havoc (so you know there is a bug :roll:).

Note: I haven't tested beta 1a a lot; I know it can export mods and the game won't crash on startup, but I haven't actually modded stuff to see if it shows up properly. I had to get these fixes out first.

Guest Tank General

actually the day counter says 0 the second time i loaded it up so thats fixed. but it still wont find any ZH Files.

What folder do you see for the game folder if you select "Zero Hour" when starting a new project? Is this one correct? By select, I mean selecting it and not starting the new project yet (so don't double-click). Are you getting errors that files cannot be found?

Guest PrometheX

How do you clone?

This feature is not in beta 1(ab); in alpha 13 you can right-click on the entry in the edit tree to find a clone entry.

Beta 2 will bring back cloning.

There are just 2 small things missing for me.Thats the name of the Model.W3D and removing stuff, if possible, also to be able to copy tags from one unit into the other

the name of the Model.W3D

You'll have to explain what exactly you mean by this. Where can I find this?

removing stuff

That's currently in (it works in my current dev version).

also to be able to copy tags from one unit into the other

Hey, you've guessed the new feature I was planning for the next version. I am still working on adding cloning back in, but this will also be possible in the new system (all thanks to the shiny backend :D ).

Guest StevenMich92

Why don't they try to make a compilation option too so you can see if you have made any errors,And a 3d modeler.[/b]

A 3D modeller already exists (Gmax), combined with the Renegade tools.

A compilation option... the game does that at startup, and will respond with "technical difficulties" when something is wrong/missing and you can read ReleaseCrashInfo.txt for more information.

With a model I just mean that there is a tag showing the name of the model that unit is using.

In the INI file, its atop of every unit.

Example

Model=AVLeopard.W3D

That there is just a tag to be able to see what file is used by what unit. This will help speed up stuff a lot :)

Oh..and 1 thing...if you can find it. To be able to change the amount of money you get froma single crate taken from a Supply Dock.

Right now its 75 per crate.

38231 days is about 104 years.

In the unlikely event he lives that long I dont think he would be playing games anymore.

I'll look into the model thing (if I don't forget).

And beta 1b has been released which resets the day counter (so there won't be any problems with 104 year people complaining anymore).

38231 days is about 104 years.

In the unlikely event he lives that long I dont think he would be playing games anymore.

meh :P

Erm...I still got the day count problem lol. it says 38250 days....