Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Storyline

Guest Rabbit

So, in this thread, I'll be asking for storyline suggestions.

The general idea is that Tiberium is around in the old ages (Don't really have a specific time in mind as of yet, but with an RPG, it's never really specific).

The general story will start with the main character in his home town, living a normal substandard lifestyle, when suddenly, a meteor crashes in the middle of town, and it contains Tiberium. From there, Tiberium spreads across the lands, as news spreads that many of these meteors hit in different towns / cities.

The main character has to travel through his area (There will be 8 cities, including an island), and on his way, he notices that the land is getting worse and worse. On top of that, there will be Tiberium based creatures (the standard floater, fiend, and visceroid), and humans/animals alike will be mutating.

But the main question is, how should the storyline play out? What are his reasons for exploring?

My personal idea is to have a city far away that has the main character's brother or something like that, and thus, he has to go and find him, and adventures happen along the way.

Here's the basic storyline so far:

The game starts with the main character (Shawn) walking around the Eastern city, getting to know some basic surroundings. You learn of his brother and his long time love interest, Danny and Heather, respectively. Heather asks you to take her sick chicken to the veterinarian in the next city over. Because of some reason or another (to be decided), you have to spend the majority of the day there.

Suddenly, you hear a rumbling in the distance, and the earth quakes a bit. You realize it's coming from the area of your home town, and having never heard anything of the sort before, you decide you'll need to head back as soon as you can, but you can't leave Heather's chicken behind, so you decide to wait (after all, you don't expect all chaos to be breaking out at home).

A little while later, someone runs into the town you're currently at, telling the townsfolk about what is going on in the next city over. Explosions that came from the sky, monsters, etc. Of course, caring for your brother and interest, you ask the vet to take care of the chicken, and you leave.

Running back home, you immediately notice things are different. The outskirts of town are completely empty. Not a soul to be heard. As you move in, you notice craters, green crystals, and still, nothing living. Until you see the blood. Doors and walls are stained, and you fear the worse. Sure enough, you get to your house, and find your brother dead.

From there, you cry out in pain, but realize you still have to check on Heather. Upon entering her house, you realize that the strange green crystals you saw elsewhere are growing around her house. The door, being completely gone, has allowed her farm animals to escape. But those aren't her farm animals, at least, they're not the farm animals you remember. From this point forward, you have to defend yourself from a number of mutant creatures which are coming seemingly out of nowhere.

You seek refuge in the southern part of town, headed towards the schools and church, which doesn't seem to be in the state of destruction you found in the common area. The survivors of this monster onslaught are hiding in a classroom, unsure of what to do. You call for help, and the town's blacksmith offers to help you defeat the monsters.

Eventually, all the known monsters in town are killed (just chickens and cows, nothing too severe yet). And you go to check on Heather. She too, is bloodied, and keels over in your arms. As you leave her home, a Royal comes through your town calling for any survivors. You explain who you are, and tell him where the survivors are. He asks what happened to you, and you explained how you had to kill the creatures destroying the town. He explains how you did much better than most of the other towns affected by the mysterious sky bombs. He says that the royal family could use your help.

That's all I have for now. I'll add more as I decide upon more.

Finding his brother is pretty weak. I think it should be official business.

How about his hometown is totally wiped out, leaving him as the sole survivor. Enraged with the mutating livestock, he slaughters the tiberium infused creatures. The king/ruler/whoever takes notice of his mutant killing skills and recruits him to discover the cause behind this cataclysm. So he follows the trail to the scrin outpost, smiting increasingly deadly tiberium lifeforms and aliens on the way.

Guest Rabbit

My main reason for wanting the first city to be somewhat intact before he sets off is so that towards the end of the game, he returns home to find his town a barren wasteland. But I suppose, since there is a farm in his town, the Tiberium outbreak could start there.

Ok, the town is intact, but there are mutated monsters rampaging. Maybe killed someone important to him.

Guest Rabbit

Maybe the brother dies in this part, rather than later?

A story of cold vengeance is always better than a cheesy reunion.

Guest Rabbit

Added to the main plot. It's a rough draft of the beginning of the game.

Eventually, all the known monsters in town are killed (just chickens and cows, nothing too severe yet).

We need an enemies list, I have some ideas, but I'm not sure what you've already got.

Guest Rabbit

I'll make a thread for it in a minute.

Guest Rabbit

So, I've decide that the rival / counter of the game will be Heather. She starts as a flirty interest, but two things will happen, depending on which path you take.

After the tiberium meteors hit and inflict massive damage to your town, early Nod forces and Royal guards show up to your town (I'll figure out how / why later). At this point in the story, Heather is severely injured due to the chaos caused by Tiberium-based mutants / meteor damage / whatever.

You are approached by Nod and the King's army while you're desperately searching for Heather. They are trying to convince you to join their forces.

If you join the RDI (Royal Defense Initiative):

You attempt to save heather by bringing her outside to an RDI lieutenant you saw on your way in. As you lead her through her house, Nod breaks in and attacks you. They knock you out and take Heather, leaving you for dead, thinking it is a worse fate to be left alive not knowing what happened to your friend. As a result, RDI later finds your body, and takes you for medical treatment, as the king wants everyone alive and well for his army.

If you join the Brotherhood of Nod:

You take Heather to the Brotherhood Lieutenant who you've seen upon returning to your town from an errand. You've brought heather with you, however, an RDI lieutenant assumes that she is being kidnapped as she has blood on her and is now surrounded by Nod troops (who are actually attempting to help her). RDI attacks and snatches her, and you kill one in the process, but before you can save her, more RDI show up. The Nod Lieutenant tells you it'll be impossible to save her immediately, and that you should just leave with him, rescuing her later.

Eventually, in the long run, your characters question what has become of them, and they strive to return life to the way it was. They discover that Kane has come on a time machine, which is hidden on Crabshell island. After battles up and down the map, the game will end with them both discovering the Time machine, and entering it to fix their lives.

Edited by Rabbit
Updated some details.

Guest Rabbit

I've updated both the Nod and the RDI introductions, as I've modified them in game to give the character more of a reason to fight. The edits are in my last post in italics.

Hi I have recently heard about this ongoing project and have a question.

Will there, at any time be a crossover with the Red Alert Franchise?

I am only asking this as in the ending of Red Alert 1

>>>SPOILERS<<<

Kane betrays the leader of the soviets, as well as this the ability to travel through time is the main theme throughout red alert.

Guest Rabbit

Technically, other than the fact that there is Tiberium, this game won't be crossing either franchise. It's too far in the "past" to be related to any existing C&C game, other than the fact that it is a spinoff from the C&C storyline.

Guest Rabbit

So something I've decided I'll do to make both games rather unique (even though they start the same) is I'll be changing the general intention of the player based on which side they start with.

If you're taking the route of the Royal Defense, you'll be more inclined to want to save your town and destroy Kane.

If you're fighting for the Brotherhood, you'll be more inclined to want to partake in the technology that Kane has revealed, and you'll see it as a chance for a power grab. Instead of wanting to destroy his technology, you'll want to use it for yourself.

This should make for some different directions depending on the game that is played.

If you're fighting for the Brotherhood, you'll be more inclined to want to partake in the technology that Kane has revealed, and you'll see it as a chance for a power grab. Instead of wanting to destroy his technology, you'll want to use it for yourself.

Sounds a bit Seth-ish. :)

Guest Rabbit

Well when you really think about it, every single C&C game has had some form of attempt at a power grab on the "bad" side.

• Seth tried to claim Kane's throne
  • Nadia tried to claim Stalin's throne
  • Hassan tried to claim Kane's throne
  • Yuri tried to claim Romanov's throne
  • Kovaks tried to claim Kilian's throne
  • Brother Marcion tried to claim Kane's throne
Maybe it wasn't a direct claim of power, but realistically, the top of the chain of command has had many weak links throughout Nod and the Soviets.

True, so you'd just be following the C&C pattern. Well, you could integrate some tricky choices in which a few bad ones could cause your faction to start suspecting you, turn on you (eventual game over?) or even issue certain penalties. But in the brotherhood's case, isn't there a one-strike rule for failure? Well, Slavik and some characters got a second chance from Kane, but you get the idea.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, I'm going to do my best to leave room for different options. There will also be others who try to rebel, so you'll be seeing it from both sides.