Sign in to follow this  
Galacticruler

How do i scale up TS infantry to RA2 (YR) Scale without losing detail?

Hi again, i have recolored the E1 infantry shp from TS into an allied shotgun trooper(removed some firing frames to make it shorter) and would like to know how to scale it up to the size of a GI or Conscript(also, if anyoe has a good code for a Shogun, could i use it?[my mod has a very low chance of being released and will be mostly for personal use, but i will stil give credit])

i have the sequence built:

Ready=0,8,1
Guard=0,8,1
Prone=86,6,6
Down=86,24,2
Crawl=86,6,6,
Walk=8,6,6
Up=0,4,2
Idle1=56,30,0,W
Idle2=56,30,0,E
Die1=135,14,0
Die2=151,13,0
FireUp=164,2,6
FireProne=180,2,6

Let me know if anyone wants the SHP and i will upload it to YRA(after it has been resized and has a cameo.)

:yr: forever!

Edited by Galacticruler

Scaling a unit down is far easier than scaling up. You will need to manually edit the image and add pixels that did not previously exist. This is not possible with TibEd alone. Considering there are 584 frames to E1, it is probably not a task you will even want to attempt, especially for a personal mod.

It is more advisable to find infantry someone else has created, or edit a unit that is already the correct size to look like something else (although even this is a lengthy task).

i was using the OS SHP Editor to do this(also, i removed some frames so my shotgunner has 456 frames now) and just used Resize in the edit tab.

Now if i could get a RA2 YR style cameo......but im no good with cameos.

just used Resize in the edit tab.

And it came out looking ok?

Now if i could get a RA2 YR style cameo......but im no good with cameos.

They are probably easier to make than rescaling a sprite. Have you tried the cameo generator feature?

yeah, it looks ok, but it has some sliding color issues(please dont ask me to explain, its really hard to do so.)

and the cameo thing:

not what i mean...i need some sort of infantry that looks sorta like the E1 infantry in TS with allied colors, but also needs to be realistic, i got one, but it is WAY out of the cameo pallet.

EDIT: hmm...cant upload the .shp.

here is a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ng4j186enfumkv

Edited by Galacticruler

You could just use the TS cameo that goes with the sprite. Just edit off the name, maybe adjust the weapon a bit, then convert it over to the RA2 format.

If you don't like the TS cameo, post your picture here and I'll beat a cameo out of it.

What's giving you trouble with that image? It converts to the RA2 cameo palette quite easily.

Here is a regular and veteran cameo...

post-3542-0-16867700-1332900744.png

post-3542-0-18643400-1332900750.png

odd......i loaded it in the SHP editor after converting it to SHP format with XCC mixer and it came up like it had inverted colors.

thanks though!

any idea on where to begin on a shotgun weapon?

Just make a new 60x48 image in SHP editor, make sure it is using the RA2 palette, then copy and paste the image there.

Well, you could give it really short range, very low damage versus buildings and vehicles, cell spread, maybe inaccurate just for fun.

the edited shp for the unit(not the cameos) creates this error:

d3e6d92ec4101e43cbead62086432e28.jpg

?

there is a download link to it a few posts up.

Edited by Galacticruler

Seems the file is corrupted. You'll probably have to remake it.

Also, I notice it is called "AlliedShotgun Infantry.shp", you should really cut that down to something more like "sginf.shp"

i redid it and its kicking out the same error.

EDIT:

im going to use slav.shp instead, he has a shotgun to begin with too.

but that means i need to go find a new cameo.

Edited by Galacticruler

He looks similar enough, you could probably go with RA2's unused e1icon.

Hmmm.....i would test the unit...but my GI crashes the game when spawned, but i have done little to nothing to it.

Edited by Galacticruler

Your GI is causing a crash? Are the GI and your shotgun trooper unrelated units?

If it were me, I'd be doing a resize in something like Photoshop with AA turned off. You'll lose a bit of detail but you can filter some of it out. Especially since RA2 is only ~25 percent bigger than TS.

my GI and shotgun trooper are as unrelated as can be.

here is the code for my GI(i set it to default with tibed, but it still gives an internal error.)

[E1]
UIName=Name:E1
Name=GI
Image=GI
Category=Soldier
Primary=M60
Secondary=Para
Occupier=yes ; I can Occupy UC buildings
OccupyWeapon=UCPara; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
EliteOccupyWeapon=UCElitePara; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
OpenTransportWeapon=1;defaults to -1 (decide normally)  What weapon should I use in a Battle Fortress
Prerequisite=GAPILE
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Strength=125
Pip=white
OccupyPip=PersonBlue
Armor=none
TechLevel=1
Sight=5
Speed=4
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=200
Soylent=100
Points=10
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=GISelect
VoiceMove=GIMove
VoiceAttack=GIAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=GIFear
VoiceSpecialAttack=GIMove
DieSound=GIDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=10 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ImmuneToVeins=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=no
Bombable=yes
Deployer=yes
DeployFire=yes
; DeployTime=.022  ; PCG; Unused for now.  Was maybe going to make its way in if we did
; a more explicit state machine for deploying b/c of autodeploy.
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Size=1
Crushable=yes
DeploySound=GIDeploy
UndeploySound=GIUndeploy
ElitePrimary=M60E
EliteSecondary=ParaE
IFVMode=2

Edited by Galacticruler

That is all correct as far as I can see. Are you certain it is the GI causing the crash?

If it is, it could be a problem with his weapon. If a unit is trying to use a non-existent weapon, it will crash as soon as they appear on the map. Possibly could be a problem with his Art entry.

Have you done anything with the GI's weapon or Art?

i just went and reset them all to default a minute ago.

and yes, when he is trained and spawns, the game throws a internal error at me and i have to duck for cover and take a chill pill before i explode.

not sure if yuri's initiate and the soviet conscript do this also.

Definitely fits the symptoms of a bad weapon. Make sure [M60] and [M60E] exist and make sure they are using functional warheads and projectiles as well.

they exist, the guns are defaulted.......should i default the warheads?

i made no changes to InvisibleLow projectile.....

would un-installing N-patch do this, it still crashed when using the patch, but still does afterwards?

If you modified the warhead, then that could cause problems.

I don't know much about NPatch, although I have heard that it is less than ideal.

hmm.....ok then, i just set the warheads for the M60 and PARA and their Elite forms to default.

EDIT:

fixed the problem, and my shotgunner is a tad tall, and my Hydrogen Bomb silo wont launch its bomb, and a bunch of animations are messed up.

Edited by Galacticruler

If you get crashes, post the except.txt file. I can actually read them... once I get my IDA app installed again that is.