Sign in to follow this  
Jhonny

Remote viewing RA95

Hi, me again. I want to know how to i do this FOV like this (on deafult graphics) without any mods. So i want to know it's somehow possible to set it? Without Arda or hires95. I like the deafult DOS graphics but the real reason why i need this, my PC is pretty low and it's lagg on Arda or hires95 on high settings.

I dont wanna change on the graphics and the video just the viewing somehow need to set far/distant.

Thanks !

Edited by Jhonny

Hi, me again. I want to know how to i do the remote viewing like this (on deafult graphics) just without any mods. So i want to know it's somehow possible to set it? Without Arda or hires95. I like the deafult DOS graphics but the real reason why i need this, my PC is pretty low and it's lagg on Arda or hires95 on high settings.

Lag on a game from 1996??? I'm not even gonna ask if you're using compatibility mode....

Anyway, Arda and Hires95 were specially designed to run those resolutions properly. If you want to revert to the old ones, just delete the patch files.

• Downvote 1

Lag on a game from 1996??? I'm not even gonna ask if you're using compatibility mode....

Anyway, Arda and Hires95 were specially designed to run those resolutions properly. If you want to revert to the old ones, just delete the patch files.

Yes lag on the game if i install cncdraw + Hires95 + Arda + more patches + set in the Arda.ini :

[Video]
Width=1280
Height=1024
Adjust=no

+ set fullscreen + record video.

Yes it's lag, sorry for i not have a NASA computer, yes it's from 1996 but this mods is from 2012.

Anyway, i just want to set the screen to far/up. So please just in case write here if you know how to set it.

Oh, so the patch spam might be causing the lag. Right.

So you want to enlarge the resolution or lower it? You can set the resolution to these (try 'em out):

[Video]
Width=640
Height=480
Adjust=no

[Video]
Width=1024
Height=768
Adjust=no

[Video]
Width=1920
Height=1080
Adjust=no

• Downvote 1

I know how the set the resolution. Please read again my post. What you do not understand? I write it, i do not want to change on the graphics, i know almost all things about of RA modding, programming etc.I open this topic for to experts and modders. You not can not read or just can't keep your brain to process my question. But i write it again just for you:

I dont wanna change on the graphics and the video just the viewing somehow need to set far.

So, the resolution and the FOV is two different things.

The resolution:

Resolution is the term used to describe the number of dots, or pixels, used to display an image,Higher resolutions mean that more pixels are used to create the image, resulting in a crisper, cleaner image.

And the FOV what i need to change is the F.O.V. which means Field of View.

This is the normal viewing:

redalert.jpg

And this is what i need:

redalertarda.png

I know Arda so i know how to get it but i just need from this the FOV this FOV is very cool. So, i dont want to change the resolution, all things in my game is perfect for me, the old graphics and etc. i just wanna how to set up of the viewing / FOV. I know,on the second picture the resolution is big, but this just a example. Just the FOV what i need !

It's really that difficult? Damn god ..

Edited by Sonic

I dont wanna change on the graphics and the video just the viewing somehow need to set far.

And the FOV what i need to change is the F.O.V. which means Field of View.

(...)

Just the FOV what i need !

It's really that difficult? Damn god ..

Yep, it is highly difficult to understand you when you said to "set something far" (????) and used unclear subjects and no tenses whatsoever in the original first post.

Now, I suppose you need that sidebar thingy prolongued (since you already have the resolution set right). Set the Adjust= parameter to "yes".

Also, this quote by AlexB might help:

Did you launch RA through the Launcher.exe application? If yes and it still does not work, please open up syringe.log. Is there a line like "Requires English Red Alert 3.03" near the top? If yes, Arda does not know about your game version and thus it won't start.

Damn god ! Whats wrong with you ?! I DONT USE ARDA ANY MORE **** ! I DONT USE PATCHES TOO I NOTHING USE ! I just want to know how i can set the FOV ! Please god

Edited by Jhonny
  • Downvote 2

Without patches, I'm fairly sure it's not possible to do what you're asking.

Finally! An correct reply.

-Thanks.

Red Alert doesn't handle high resolutions that well unless you have a pretty decent PC. This is due to bugs in the game engine.

The only way to play RA in a higher resolutions is to use Arda or ra-hires. Red Alert without any hacking can only do 640 x 400, 640 x 480 (with black bars) and 320 x 200 (DOS version)

Edited by Tore

Damn, thats going to be exhausting.

Tore, I don't wanna change the resolutions. Just the FOV.

You gain extra FOV by changing the resolution.

Yeah with Arda. I know, i set in arda.ini the width and height and its works.

But try to set without Arda. So you set in ddraw.ini :

Width=1280

Height=1024

And it's doesn't work, the resolution is bigger than the deafult but the FOV doesn't changes.

Dude, your language isn't clear enough to merit your raging whenever people try to help.

I assume your problem relates to this post?

In that case, make sure you only change the resolution in Arda.ini, not ddraw.ini. You must use Arda (or the hires alpha 2, but no need to do that outdated.) RA1 is not 3D, there is no true Field of View (FOV) separate from resolution: number of tiles ∝ number of pixels. Play in windowed mode (that is done in ddraw.ini). Again, neither the resolution nor the number of tiles on the screen can be changed without fan patches.

Hope that helps.

Hm, thanks. I would be use Arda but i not like to play with AI, i only play online, or just sometimes play Skirmish for fun. Because i tried to play cncnet with Arda (for the FOV) but i dont know how to do it. cncnet.exe do not use Arda settings, cncnet.exe use ddraw.ini. And i dont know how to set to cncnet.exe should be use Arda settings.

Edited by Jhonny

Yeah with Arda. I know, i set in arda.ini the width and height and its works.

But try to set without Arda. So you set in ddraw.ini :

Width=1280

Height=1024

And it's doesn't work, the resolution is bigger than the deafult but the FOV doesn't changes.

cnc-ddraw only stretches the game to the resolution you want.

Hm, thanks. I would be use Arda but i not like to play with AI, i only play online, or just sometimes play Skirmish for fun. Because i tried to play cncnet with Arda (for the FOV) but i dont know how to do it. cncnet.exe do not use Arda settings, cncnet.exe use ddraw.ini. And i dont know how to set to cncnet.exe should be use Arda settings.

When you launch CnCNet hit the settings button before it launches the game and change the exe it launches to Arda's launcher.

I'm unsure if Arda is compatible with people playing normal RA 3.03 though.

Edited by Tore

Thanks i tried it now it's work. But when i join to someone host, RA said me:

"Request denied.

Destination game version is outdated. "

It is strange because i use the simple v3.03 patch what use the deafult cncnet too. Any idea?

Edited by Jhonny

Of course, THAT's why you don't want to use Arda. Well, then I would try http://hifi.iki.fi/ra95-hires/. It's not as good as Arda, but it DOESN'T cause those desynchronization errors.

Perhaps hi-fi will include hi-res in his RA "p" series project, a project designed to backport as much of Arda as possible without causing these types of errors.

I do not use the Hi-Res95 because it's always ask for cd key. I can not find the solution. Arda is why I use it, because in Arda settings have a option to turn off cd request.

Edited by Jhonny

try using high-res alpha 2 with RA "p" series. If that doesn't work, try the plain no-cd patch. You should be able to get both from http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc/ra/patches/?M=A

Arda never touches the exe file, but modifies the code in memory. These patches actually modify ra95 (.exe or .dat), so hi-res alpha 2 can go to work like Arda.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Welcome to the internet, i'll be your guide!

When did you download the game from redalert1.com ? Try to download it again, i added a new no-cd patch to the ra95.exe since alot ppl had problems with the old one :)

...Try to run ra95.exe and check if it asks you for a cd... if it does, then replace the ra95.exe with this one here: http://www.mediafire...edaedqa4cbet8ck

Now, since you have an old computer, go to the redalert folder and delete the files named "ddraw.ini" AND "ddraw.dll" ... this will speed up your game alot :) and ddraw is not needed on older computers anyways

Since you wanna play online you got to use the old hires launcher :) Follow my guide here:

http://redalert95.tk/hires/

Use this high-res launcher http://redalert95.tk...cher-alpha2.exe

Try a resolution of "-w 800 -h 600", im sure it runs on your old computer if u delete the ddraw files

And dont mix up different redalert versions, copy the files from redalert1.com into a NEW and clean folder (do NOT copy any files like ra95.dat to that folder! Else you will just have the "please insert cd" error again..)

Also, if you wanna have a bigger Field of View, there is no other way than adding more pixels .. and more pixels = higher res :) there is no other way to do it

and dont be so rude to the people that try to help you ;)

Edited by FunkyFr3sh