Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Consumerist Votes EA As Worst Company In The US

Not surprised. Their relations with the communities suck. They just don't care for a ****in' ****.

Add in the bad support, DRM and the Origin program to their recent games, it defines the worst out from EA. Almost anything that was promised by EA turned out to be compromised.

The EA CEO needs to step down. Unless EA restructures its business management, EA could be heading to its downfall.

Bitch please, EA is doing fine.

• Downvote 1

This is really stupid. A bunch of whiny gamers cast all the votes to air out a grudge against EA, who while far from perfect is not Satan incarnate incorporate .

There are other companies out there worse then them who should have topped the list. Companies wouldn't correct their evil deeds out of their keen sense of ethics, but they might in light of some bad publicity.

They only won because of the outcry regarding the Mass Effect 3 ending.The worst game developer on the planet without any doubt in my mind is....

UBISOFT!

They leave EA and Activision for dead, its just they don't get as much notice since their games aren't as 'popular'.

As for corporations as a whole, I think basically most drug company in the along with many medical practices, drugging an entire generation is pretty ****ing evil.

Or the countless developers that release their game full of bugs and sometimes not even in a properly working state. EA is pretty far from the worst, even though they're still kinda bad :P

Developers don't release anything. Distributors and publishers do. With pressure to get a product out the door, developers will have to cut corners. Don't blame the devs. Blame rushed dev cycles for the almighty dollar.

Saw this news the other day when it down to the final four or something, it was stupid then and its really stupid now. Here's a post from another forum that basically sums up what I think....

This actually pisses me off.

There are other American companies which have done truly despicable things which have caused real harm to people, communities and the environment.

For EA to be given this title because a bunch of whiney bitches are upset that they made some video games with bugs, or day one DLC, or whatever the latest pet hate is amongst whiney bitches, not only makes a mockery of the award itself but is a dire indication of the pathetic state of American society IMO.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/444857/?s=

IDK why EA was picked by the voters because that is unusual. But it doesn't matter though, EA got worse since the economic recession began in 2008 following by layoffs and the shut down of several developer studios. Almost everything fell apart after that and EA still continues to struggle with the gaming business today.

poor bioware, ea is milking that studio's brand to cover their weaker games :(

Everyone says that about any studio who keeps making games. Is there a time when someone isn't "milking" a studio or franchise? Actually, do you any of you self-entitled idiots understand the business world?

Don't see any milking here... Here's an example of milking a franchise:

2000 - MDK2

2010 - MDK2 for Wii

2011 - MDK2 HD

People are quick to forget that these companies are out to make money, not friends.

I don't hate what EA do, in fact I feel in the last 2 or so years that they have put out some quality titles, not all of them appeal to me but that's my right as consumer to pick and choose what to purchase. It was only a short time ago where EA would pump out the games one after another regardless of the quality but now things have changed, their business model and focus is on creating quality franchises, some based on new IPs. Investing time in development.

You only have use the massive restructuring at EALA and the creation of BioWare Victory for the future of C&C as example. For the first time in years a C&C game is getting a long development time that it deserves. Clearly EA have listen and learned.

But in the end people don't focus on that part of the industry. They still see EA as this giant world wide corporation. GeneralZ's post in this thread is perfect example of the point I'm making. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Its only milking if you buy their products. ;)

Guest Stevie_K

I'm not surprised. The problem is that people don't see the real bad guys (and I mean those who feed upon the rotting health of the planet and it's people), and therefore don't take those suckers into consideration with this award.

It is still an alarming signal that either EA or the consumers should leave ignored.

I'm looking forward to see an official response to the award.

I'd be surprised if EA made a response. Not giving a **** is probably the best approach. Everyone knows why they won so it's a complete farce. Thanks a lot, self-entitled Mass Effect fans. In fact, this type of **** makes sensible gamers look bad by association.