Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Forum Upgrade Complete

Our forums have been offline for the past 2 or so hours while we performed an important forum software upgrade. I'm pleased to say the upgrade went smoothly and the little minor bugs that I found after the upgrade have been fixed.

The forums should be working as normal but if you notice something odd please post about it here.

Well the good news is because of the forum upgrade, Firefox finally knew my saved username and password in order to log into this forum without the need to type it in.

However, the forums are in black color when I go to the Home forums except in threads.

However, the forums are in black color when I go to the Home forums except in threads.

You mean on the main index? When they are blue it means news post in that forum, black means no new posts. Nothing has changed in terms of the colours.

I saw a new Highest Reputation Content link, but all of the posts had 0 reputation, did the upgrade wipe the articles' reputation scores?

Sometimes I feel like a ghost...

Rt8FR.png

Refreshing fixes this, but I sure as hell don't remember this glitch in 3.2

Can't say I've seen that. Strange how your name doesn't show on there though.

As I said above, 3.3.1 is out now so I'll install that early in the coming week as see what needs fixing after that.

That happens when I'm unlogged mostly.

The upgrade to 3.3.1 has been completed. As I said before, if you notice something odd please report it in this thread.

Another oddity, what happened to the warning status when I logged in? It no longer shows up in my posts. It was always there since the IPB upgrade started.

Edited by zocom7

You should be able see your warning points now. But only your own of course ;)

Sorry to bump this, but I found another issue when posting videos. When I put text above, between or below the embedded video(s), all the text are defaulted to the top and embedded video is at the bottom of a post(s), no matter if I am logged in this forum or not. It's been that way for several months now.

Not really sure what you mean, the embedded video will appear where ever you put the media tag. And text before the media will appear above it, text after the media tag will appear below it. Like the code below

This is the Generals 2 teaser....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bg6yhyTK4[/media]

.... I wish we had another trailer though

That code would display this...

This is the Generals 2 teaser....

So I'm guessing its the way your using the media tag or something. Your not trying to put text inbetween the media tags are you?

Unfortunately, Sonic, on what you're posted, the sentence ".... I wish we had another trailer though" and the question are put above the embedded video. That's what I am seeing here.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me and the browser?

Fail.

Well that's odd, Plokite_Wolf seems to have been possessed by someone else who is oblivious to context and uses the word fail too frequently...

zocom7, I am not seeing what you are seeing.

• Upvote 1

Zocom7 can you post a screen shot? Below is a screen shot of my post above. This is how it looks to everyone else.

aNQ2O.png

Hmmm. It appears that using the recent versions of Firefox are showing up this anonomity. In Chrome, the posts with embedded videos are correctly placed.

I'm using the very latest version of Firefox (v13.0) and its fine.

In Firefox try clearing the browser cache and then come back to this thread. Hit Ctri+F5 to make sure the browser fetches the CSS files.

We have just completed another upgrade of our forums. Most of this upgrade was just for maintenance purposes, there are no major things to highlight. The Calendar was also updated to latest version as well. Everything should working as expected but if you notice something odd or broken please post about it here.