Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Double Points Weekend on XWIS

As originally reported in our Community News forum, XWIS has arranged a double points weekend on the weekend of the 28th and 29th of April to apologise for the unexpected downtime experienced earlier this month. If you're playing a Clan or Quick match on that time, you will get your points doubled on the XWIS ladders. The double points weekend applies to the following games:

H2ucG.png
  • Tiberian Sun
  • Red Alert 2
  • Yuri's Revenge

Click here for the original announcement.

• Upvote 1

I see the point in other games to get fancy looking stuff, but for ladder points? I don't see the point ^^

That's one ****ty apology for XWIS being down for 6 days with no reason given and with the downtime only being acknowledged around 3-4 days after it's been down (and all the strike-team sites also being down). Maybe they could fix their nickname registration system so it's not a pile of **** and it doesn't require you to spend 20 minutes to register a new XWIS nick if you have a guide that shows you step by step, god knows how many people thought C&C games online are dead because of the the cryptic and retarded error messages that XWIS gives if you log in with an invalid nick and the 'Register' button not working.

Edited by Iran
  • Downvote 2

I, for one, see why XWIS has that registration system. If they hadn't applied it, bots, spammers and similar jolly people would storm the servers and cheat, spam and cause all-round chaos. Now you need to physically own the game to block anyone else from using your serial number.

• Upvote 1