Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stevie_K

3D monitor, or not?

Guest Stevie_K

My girlfriend decided to give me a new monitor for birthday, but I don't know which one to choose.

Thought you guys could help out with some comments on the three screens I'm looking at.

Samsung 23" LS23A700DS LED Black 120HZ 3D

A 3D gaming monitor with excellent specs. Only thing is that I have no previous experience with 3D, and I need to use it for various design purposes.

ASUS VK278Q

A bit pricey, but has very good specs, and definitely lives up to my demands for a good gaming monitor as well as design purposes. But it's maybe a bit too pricey.

ASUS ML228H

My first instinct said "buy it!". It's very cheap compared to it's excellent specs, but it doesn't come with exiting 3D or handsome design (it's ugly to be honest). But it'll do the job when it comes to gaming.

Feel free to suggest something else, but let's be realistic with the price.

Cherish the gift that is your girlfriend (who obviously understands you as a gamer). Be happy with whatever she gives you (even if it's a CRT monitor from 1492) - it's from the heart. :)

(No sarcasm, I write as I think ;) )

I have an LG model, and the biggest problem is that you must be sitting and viewing it from slightly "below" for best results. You cannot just put on a pair of glasses and stand there looking over somebody's shoulder. Takes some getting used to.

A 3D monitor is not recommended since playing 3D games have some issues with the coloring (depending on the glasses you use). I rather have a 3D OLED monitor without the use of glasses to see through it, but that's not going to happen until the next decade. It'll be more colorful and sharper that way.

The only reason to buy a 3D monitor is delve into 120 Hz goodness. :3

I rather have a 3D OLED monitor without the use of glasses to see through it, but that's not going to happen until the next decade. It'll be more colorful and sharper that way.

That is closer then you think.

Guest Stevie_K

Ordered the Samsung one. Thanks for input guys.

I'll return with a review ;)

Hi,

I know I'm not in a Hi tech center with the latest update, but this is disturbingly amazing.

I've experimented today for a few minutes a 3D generator SAMSUNG TV/monitor 46' model HS7000.

If you haven't try this system yet, you should forget everything you've seen about 3D because this is way ahead!

I'm gonna put some youtube ingame footage in a pendrive and get back to the mall to see what comes out in that television.

Of course, other brands/systems must have their similar 3D TV solution, but you really should get to know about this type of 3D.

Greetings