Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

What's in the Pipeline for OpenRA?

The OpenRA team has mentioned very briefly on their Facebook page of what is currently planned and "in the pipeline" for their open source reimplementation of Westwood's original Red Alert.

UMZhi.png

In the pipeline: Zombies (still!); UPNP support to make hosting easier; More AI improvements; More balance for C&C; New coop missions; Stealth pillbox; Snipers for soviet; Sling loads for helicopters

So, a few things to look forward to there. Zombies is an interesting idea. The latest release of OpenRA was made available a few short days ago.

Zombies is the least interesting idea. It's been beaten to death in numerous franchises. I think it's beyond "interesting" at this point... It's more likely to induce severe eye-strain from all the eye rolling people will be doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

severe eye strain... you mean like your avatar???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's right. Ever since Deadrising and Left 4 Dead the game industry has been beating the dead zombie horse like there is no tomorrow. It is old and stale and it's time to move on.

• Upvote 1

I thought I would want to see OpenRA with the updated graphic engine from C&C Sole Survivor soon.

Guest Stevie_K

OpenRA is just getting better and better. :thumbsup:

I don't really see zombies as a negative. A 0 perhaps, but adding content, no matter how trite, shouldn't reduce the value of the rest of the content.

It isn't reducing the value of anything. However, if you add several beaten horses to your mod's database, you're not really improving it. Hence why I said it isn't getting any better if it adds zombies. It's just stagnating - at that point, why not start having battles take place in space? Let's go underwater, too. BioShock did it! More content, regardless of the game's story!

Those are all pretty sound ideas :V

You either have stripper zombies, or no zombies at all, in my humble but correct, opinion.

And zombie wizards. It can't be good without zombie wizards.

You either have stripper zombies, or no zombies at all, in my humble but correct, opinion.

Necrophile.