Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Play as Nod in Tiberium Alliances

The fans have been waiting, and finally all of the loyal Brotherhood supporters can play as Nod in Tiberium Alliances. But that's not the only big change in the game. Check out the latest patch notes below.

ZKNY7.png

New features:
  • Nod is available as a player faction on the reopened Closed Beta Servers
    Please note, that is not possible to switch from GDI to Nod. You have to make a fresh game on a CB-server, starting by Lvl 1.
  • Point of Interests now provide their boosts
    Note that the unboosted resource production and combat strength is reduced compared to before the patch, but the boost can be about twice as strong as the reduction.

General balancing adjustments:

• Obstacles in the defense area (wood, oil slicks, etc.) now slow down units by 50% (used to be 25%)
  • Forgotten bases are more challenging to take out: They repair themselves significantly faster: Now it takes only 1 hour for an almost completely destroyed Forgotten base to repair all its damage.
  • Introduced a limit on how much plunder one can get when attacking another player. The limit depends on the army level of the attacker. This is to stop the exploit, where players sell everything in their base and “give” the resources to a friendly player.
  • Change in target prioritization for offense units: Attacking the defense units in front of an offense unit have now a higher priority than defense units left/right or behind the offense unit. (Doesn’t overwrite the preference for primary targets. E.g. a Guardian still attacks an infantry unit to its left when blocked by a vehicle.)
  • All offense units need slightly more repair time, encouraging the use of armies from multiple bases slightly earlier.

The full patch notes can be found here.

Forgotten bases are more challenging to take out: They repair themselves significantly faster: Now it takes only 1 hour for an almost completely destroyed Forgotten base to repair all its damage.

*cough*paytowin*cough*

• Downvote 1

Hey, look at this. They just don't know when to quit? They released this saying "We know it's quite obvious what it is, but there's a wallpaper waiting for you"

*facepalm*

On a more related note, I'll be playing this again.

On a more related note, I'll be playing this again.

I was thinking about trying it again with the release of Nod, but they took so long, I simply lost interest during the wait.

Which is not to say I'll never play it again, it might happen at some point...

The game just got 50% cooler. ;)

The game just got 50% cooler.

Or 50% worse on balancing. EA still has yet to lower upgrade costs to minimize inflation values.

Just tried out as Nod, feels pretty cool compared to plain GDI. Or maybe it's because it's still in the exploratory phase whereas playing as GDI was more or less stagnant at a certain level.