Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Look CNCNZ.com Launched

After many months of putting it off, I finally got around to finishing the new design for CNCNZ.com. One of the main objectives for this new look was to recode a majority of the site's backend, the code behind the scenes that you don't see, as well as introduce some more modern features at the same time. And after experimenting with some different colour schemes, you can see we have retained the classic colours of blue, black and gold, all topped with our shiny new gold logo, that has already been seen before.

Mrmun.png

A quick guide to the new look site can be found right here. It explains what has changed, what's new and more. I've already noticed some things that need fixing up around the site, but if you spot something that doesn't look right, please leave a comment in this news post.

It looks pretty nice. One question though: where are affiliates located now?

Affiliates and community links got the chop. Under the old design there was just to much happening on one page, it always bothered me, so it all got cut.

New font for the word "forums"?

From the Legal section:

CNCNZ.com version 10.0 (Originally based on TiberianSun.Net.NZ).

It's a jubilee, people! smiley_rock.gif

New font for the word "forums"?

Yes its a new font. The main logo is made with the AF Pepsi font, found here http://fontzone.net/...ails/AF PEPSI/. While the text below is the same font used on the nav rollover menus is called Airbus http://www.dafont.co...h.php?q=Airbus.

From the Legal section: It's a jubilee, people!]

Yeah its officially v10.0. In other words the 10th design I've made public, there has been about 3 or 4 which will never get released.

When I launched the new look site on the 14th of May it included a different way our news updates were presented on the main site. After some feedback, an annoying IE glitch and some extra thinking the news updates on the main site have returned to how they were before the new layout went live.

With that said, I will be looking to improve on the main site news update appearance in the near future. I'm also experimenting with a streamline headline system that shows only short snippets and lets you follow the links to view the full story.

I guess I should mention, I received a complaint that the link to the Cartoon and Conquer site has become too difficult to find from the main page.

I suppose people can get used to it if you are content with the new arrangement, but just thought I should let you know.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, one of the main reasons for the updated look was reduce to clutter. If you look at this screen shot of the previous design you can see how busy it was...

vGQRa.jpg

If I start adding more of the older layouts elements back into this one it raises the question.... what the hell was the point in doing the new one?

I thought about a lot of this for a long time so yeah I'm rather content with how it is now.

It should also be noted that sites like Cartoon and Conquer and Command & Patch are not parts of CNCNZ.com, they are simply hosted under it.