Sonic

CNCNZ.com Poll: Origin & Generals 2

It's time for a new poll. This latest one asks you: In what way does EA's Origin influence your purchase of Generals 2? It's safe to assume that Origin will be a requirement when you install Generals 2, so we want to know if this will influence your decision to buy Generals 2 in a positive or negative way, or perhaps it's not the deciding factor for you.

If you are reading this update on the main page, just look to your right and vote in the poll box. If you're reading this via the forums, click here to cast your vote. And, as always, don't forget to share any feedback or comments about this poll as well.

60.png

Here are the results of our previous poll, Are you playing Tiberium Alliances? With 53% of all votes, it appears the the majority of you are not playing Tiberium Alliances. This result doesn't surprise me, because Tiberium Alliances is the type of game that really only appeals to certain kind of gamer. The full results of this poll can be found right here.

It's definitely a negative factor. If Generals 2 has enough negative factors, I won't buy it. In other words, it makes me less likely to buy the game, but will not be the deciding factor.

If it is going to be a prerequisite, or worse yet, the only way to buy Generals 2, I will not buy it. I'll other means the crap out of it.

It won't be the only way to buy the game. You will still be able to get a retail/boxed copy.

Personally, Origin doesn't bother me, if you have to install it to play the game so be it. I'm not paranoid like many people seem to be.

A year ago, i would have said yes, but since i have around 15 games on Origin now i tolerate it now. Its no Steam, but it works. Downloads are speedy and otherwise it doesnt bother me when im doing stuff.

Guest Stevie_K

This is not a well thought poll. What if Origin influence's my decision to buy Generals 2 in a negative way, but not enough to not consider buying it?

Perhaps you should let out the "buy"part and just focus on one thing at the time, in this case positive or negative influence on the decision to buy it.

It won't be the only way to buy the game. You will still be able to get a retail/boxed copy.

You never know with EA...

Downloads are speedy and otherwise it doesnt bother me when im doing stuff.

It's not the downloads that bother me. It's Origin itself. What if I want to play it in LAN? What if my Internet connection is down, but I still want to play it? And why the heck would I make an account on a platform that is just a lame copy of Steam, on which I can't buy anything but EA games?

Oh, and what if when Origin is discontinued?

Negative factor but I`ll buy the game

Due to the disadvantages of Origin (like Steam), I won't be buying Generals 2 just for using Origin. I have a dozen games installed under Steam and I would not rather to install another cloud app program like Origin just to install EA games. So far I haven't even owned another EA game that use Origin.

Just as a note to those who don't know, Origin has an offline option much like steams. So unless Generals 2 requires the always online, you can play it with no internet.

As for me, it using Origin has no affect on my purchase. I use origin for a few other games and have yet to have any problems with it.

It's not the downloads that bother me. It's Origin itself. What if I want to play it in LAN? What if my Internet connection is down, but I still want to play it? And why the heck would I make an account on a platform that is just a lame copy of Steam, on which I can't buy anything but EA games?

There are non EA games on Origin.

It's a good platform, some tweaks and it's about the same as Steam. I can't see any reason why it should have a negative impact on anything.

i have read something bad off wiki, here is the link about the problem with Origin: http://en.wikipedia....ntent_delivery)

ok, all these time, US is attacking China for abuse of humna right and sention of invading privacy, at the time, it was valid, but now look at what US doing now; in the case of Origin, the user has to forfeit the right to sue EA in order to use Origin, and also the supreme court created law to allow EA to have immunity from law!!!

i am not gonna say, "hows evil now??" cause from where i stand, the so call liberal US and the Commy China are the same!! and if you live in a freeworld, you may want to ask yourself, will this kind of thing get worse??

edit: oh, one more to go off my chest, ok, some of us would still hope EA would change, would improve itself, after everything... I snab myself to wake up, just stop buy stuffs from them man... at least I would do that :<

Edited by keithktam

The platform itself needs a lot of work to compete with Steam.

But I don't have any real issue with origin, it works fine with BF3 and ME3.

I'm not a big fan of Origin, but I don't hate it either. I'll buy the game pretty much no matter what.

It's not preferable but not a hinderance for me.