Sign in to follow this  
Guest AgrippaII

I Need a Ladder System that Works. I Know What I Want!

Guest AgrippaII

I played lots of C&C 4 like 12 hours a day for 3 months back in 2010 and I was disatisfied because the ladder system was non-existent, yet could have easily been provided for a much more fulfilling experience. This is the key! It will enhance the enjoyment immeasurably.

So here is the plan. Treat the ladder like individual rankings but as an individual on a team of 5 unique players so those 5 players together as a team are ranked. Players can still set up 5v5 games or use automatch though automatch will be as dead as before I suspect.

Just to show you I am the real deal, I was ranked #1 for the season on Kali for Tiberian Dawn 1995-1997 ahead of NOCHANCE. I was Bosco. I came in 3rd for the first Red Alert season, but was never a big fan of the Red Alert series because it is too cartoony so I avoided it after that. I liked the realism of C&C and Generals. And I finished #1 for the first season (some call it a pre-season) of Tiberium Wars. I came in 2nd in the first C&C 4 Gamereplays.org tournament, but after that it became exceedingly difficult to get a team together. I loved the game. It was the best C&C game ever made and as far as I am concerned the best RTS game ever made and the best computer game ever made. Base building is annoying. You have to really experience the competitive difference to know in multiplayer. I suspect they will bring base building back that crowds out the map and we will have to live with it, because players are too naive what makes awesome online multiplayer play.

So for this ladder to work the way I want it to work, a new team would be created every time 5 unique individuals played together for the first time. You might or might not ever play on a team with the same individuals again, but that's ok. Those that drop off are out anyway. What matters is the team was formed and if they want to play together that's their choice. Naturally you will flock to those players that you have a higher ranking with and who play more often, because by osmosis your ranking tells you if you play well together or not and those players are on more high ranked teams. From this information you can determine players who belong on your team for tournament play. The problem is on a day to day basis you can't always get your team together to play during the season; it's almost hopeless to even try so this ranking method solves the problem by automating the process for rankings. You still join set up games since automatch will likely be as uneventful as before.

Please read this again, because I have given this much thought and it really is the solution.

• Downvote 1

It was the best C&C game ever made and as far as I am concerned the best RTS game ever made and the best computer game ever made.

C&C4 isn't a RTS game, it is RTT.

As for the rest of that quote, I think you'll find yourself alone in those opinions as long as you inhabit this corner of the internet.

Guest AgrippaII

Personal winning percentage is irrelevant. It's 5v5 so teams should be ranked based on their 5 man or 5 woman team or combination thereof.

So what happens is if you are on a team that is ranked 10th and you play a team ranked 20th then the team ranked 20th moves up if they won to say half the distance to the 10th spot, so they become 15th and the team ranked 10th remains 10th. Once a team is say within 5 slots away from another team that they beat, the lower team takes the higher team's spot so they became 10th and the team that was ranked 10th move down to 11th.

This still works really well today on Case's Ladder. http://www.igl.net/newuser/1.html#2

Simplicity is the best!

When you first join you are placed in an "unranked" category on the Ladder, and you become "ranked" after winning your first Ladder match. When you defeat a higher-ranked member, you move up in rank half the distance between their rank and your own. For example, if you are ranked #50 and you defeat the #1-ranked member, then your new rank would be #25. Your rank on the Ladder does not go down if you lose a match unless your opponent is ranked DIRECTLY below you. When members ranked below you are victorious against members ranked above you, it's possible the member will jump over you in rank and you will move down one rung.

I incorporated my own idea into it by saying instead of having to be immediately in the rung below, you only have to be within 5 ranking spots to take the above player's spot whom you beat.

Also, you drop one rung per day if you don't play at least one game per day with someone who is below you but within 5 rungs of you to allow that person to go above you if they win. This number could be changed to 10 or 50 or 100 depending on the number of people actively on the ladder. The system at the end of the day observes if you met this condition, and if so, then you drop one rank.

Just to show you I am the real deal, I was ranked #1 for the season on Kali for Tiberian Dawn 1995-1997 ahead of NOCHANCE. I was Bosco. I came in 3rd for the first Red Alert season, but was never a big fan of the Red Alert series because it is too cartoony so I avoided it after that. I liked the realism of C&C and Generals. And I finished #1 for the first season (some call it a pre-season) of Tiberium Wars.

If you were really playing C&C from 1995 to 1997 and beat the seasons you mentioned, which I highly doubt, you wouldn't favor Tiberian Twilight above other C&C games, saying it is the best RTS (and it ain't even an RTS!).

Guest AgrippaII

If you were really playing C&C from 1995 to 1997 and beat the seasons you mentioned, which I highly doubt, you wouldn't favor Tiberian Twilight above other C&C games, saying it is the best RTS (and it ain't even an RTS!).

Of course it is an RTS game. You just have bad taste. In fact those who played TT competitively also thought it was the best for the reasons I cited.

• Downvote 1

Of course it is an RTS game.

It was never defined as such. Formally, it is a Real Time Tactics game (RTT).

In fact those who played TT competitively also thought it was the best for the reasons I cited.

1) Barely anyone played TT competitively.

2) Oh really? Ask them if they ever played older C&C titles.

As i mentioned somewhere, game is too focused on "scissors-rock-paper" system. Every unit have counter unit... that doesn't work that way. Just look over Blizzard games (such as WarCraft III or StarCraft I / II), or older C&C titles (like C&C: Generals + add-on).

Although game is not that bad - is just crappy designed.

Guest AgrippaII

As i mentioned somewhere, game is too focused on "scissors-rock-paper" system. Every unit have counter unit... that doesn't work that way. Just look over Blizzard games (such as WarCraft III or StarCraft I / II), or older C&C titles (like C&C: Generals + add-on).

Although game is not that bad - is just crappy designed.

It's chess with dexterity. Every unit has a counter unit that's the way it works. That's why it was so awesome. I hope Generals 2 will be the way too. Base building is for pansies who like to turtle. TT was the based RTS/RTT game ever made in human history.

It was never defined as such. Formally, it is a Real Time Tactics game (RTT).

1) Barely anyone played TT competitively.

2) Oh really? Ask them if they ever played older C&C titles.

We always use to call RTT games RTS games. RTT is just a more precise term.

The reason why not as many played TT is because the kids prefer the cartoony RTS games; it was just for the elite class of tactical players. Think of TT as a game for the elite. I competed with them and new them well; they all agreed TT was a more fulfilling experience. And yes they played most of the C&C games before. You just don't realize what is really going on.

• Downvote 2

Base building is for pansies who like to turtle.

You've just insulted the entire C&C community. And when I say entire, I really mean 100% of it. Consider yourself the first to do the impossible.

Think of TT as a game for the elite. I competed with them and new them well; they all agreed TT was a more fulfilling experience. And yes they played most of the C&C games before. You just don't realize what is really going on.

Look who's talking.

It's chess with dexterity.

No, it is rock-paper-scissors with graphics. In chess, a pawn can take a queen and put the king in checkmate.

It's chess with dexterity. Every unit has a counter unit that's the way it works. That's why it was so awesome. I hope Generals 2 will be the way too. Base building is for pansies who like to turtle. TT was the based RTS/RTT game ever made in human history.

Where do you see chess in TT? Moreover, where do you see strategy? In tier 1 units who may fight for 40 minutes? This is badly designed, multiplayer (game focused here mainly) RTS which was supposed to beat

Dawn of War 2... nevertheless both game are worth themself.

The reason why not as many played TT is because the kids prefer the cartoony RTS games; it was just for the elite class of tactical players. Think of TT as a game for the elite. I competed with them and new them well; they all agreed TT was a more fulfilling experience. And yes they played most of the C&C games before. You just don't realize what is really going on.

Yes, accuse more people in name of "friendship", "love" and other things which were mentioned by Jesus...

Edited by Traymen

Where do you see chess in TT? Moreover, where do you see strategy? In tier 1 units who may fight for 40 minutes?

Not to mention the (very low!) pop-cap, a "storyline" that demolished the Tiberium universe the worst way possible and similar stuff that come in the package that made C&C4 the embodiment of the "EPIC FAIL" term for the C&C community that was already (unjustly) divided already by Red Alert 3.

Yes, accuse more people in name of "friendship", "love" and other things which were mentioned by Jesus...

That came out of nowhere.

Guest AgrippaII

Where do you see chess in TT? Moreover, where do you see strategy? In tier 1 units who may fight for 40 minutes? This is badly designed, multiplayer (game focused here mainly) RTS which was supposed to beat

Dawn of War 2... nevertheless both game are worth themself.

Where do you see not chess? Where do you see no strategy? Why would it take 40 minutes at tier 1? Never happened to me before. It really is the best RTS/RTT game ever made. It is the best game ever made.

I just told the truth, it is the best game, friends agree, the best players agree. Love speaks the truth as I have done. Love does not deny reality. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. I have told you the truth. Jesus created you. His life is the life! He is sinless.

Why be offended by the truth? Embrace it.

Edited by AgrippaII
  • Downvote 1

Where do you see not chess? Where do you see no strategy? Why would it take 40 minutes at tier 1? Never happened to me before. It really is the best RTS/RTT game ever made. It is the best game ever made.

Now you're just being a blind troll.

I just told the truth, it is the best game, friends agree, the best players agree.

LOL

Love does not deny reality. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. I have told you the truth. Jesus created you. His life is the life! He is sinless.

Why be offended by the truth? Embrace it.

Yes, and you must be FULL of truth and love yourself, aren't you? :eyebrow:

Where do you see not chess?

They are incomparable. Have you never played chess? If you have, you must really suck at it as you apparently believe every piece has a specific counter piece.

It really is the best RTS/RTT game ever made.

Not an RTS.

I just told the truth

Opinion, not truth.

Guest Rabbit

AgrippaII, you are hereby banned for failing to abide by forum rules by keeping religious content out of your postings (and PMs towards myself). I personally think you should take an extended break from the internet for a lengthy period of time. Keep in mind this ban extends to viewing and posting in the forums, for the safety (and sanity) of our members.

Goodbye.