Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Community Battlecast Primetime - Episode #11

A brand new episode of Community Battlecast Primetime has arrived. And this is probably the best one produced to date. Sybert is now your on screen host rather than a voiceover and it's the longest one, with a running time of just under 20 minutes. Episode 11 includes a new interview, latest news, mods, fan art, the Battlecasts, and a special segment. Watch it below.

Click here to subscribe on their YouTube channel to stay informed of new episodes. Past episodes can also be found on this playlist on the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel.

Sybert, I'll tell you this much. Go fetch Silverman and ask him if you can bring back BCPT and replace Raj.

Sybert, I'll tell you this much. Go fetch Silverman and ask him if you can bring back BCPT and replace Raj.

I agree :). Great episode.

The Mod highlight section was weak. At least one promotional screenshot needs to be used to provide some visuals for the mod update being highlighted.

Other than that good work.

The Mod highlight section was weak. At least one promotional screenshot needs to be used to provide some visuals for the mod update being highlighted.

I agree. Other than that due to this new format of CBCPT, even I think Zee Hypnotist can do this show too. :D

So instead of DoomTanker hosting the show, he wind up commentating on the Battlecast 5 which isn't bad at all.

As for a new suggestion for the CBCPT intro, I would like to see the return of the intro theme splash from the original BCPT but with the word Community added to it. The new logo from this episode can be added and edited into there.

Edited by zocom7

I agree about the mod section but even so this was a stellar episode.

Edited by klandri

I wish. Although I'd bring Raj back as well, if I could.

Do you mean weak as in there was no visual aid, or weak in another way?

I agree. Other than that due to this new format of CBCPT, even I think Zee Hypnotist can do this show too.

As for a new suggestion for the CBCPT intro, I would like to see the return of the intro theme splash from the original BCPT but with the word Community added to it. The new logo from this episode can be added and edited into there.

I specifically said "this episode," I don't plan on hosting every episode. Live hosting like this adds at least an additional 5 hours of work over all. Not to mention the mich I was using isn't mine, so I'd have to borrow it every time. Like the custom map spotlight will not be in every episode.

Thanks for the feedback!

I wish. Although I'd bring Raj back as well, if I could.

Meh, Raj was dull. You should aim for the elite ;)

Do you mean weak as in there was no visual aid, or weak in another way?

I think he meant the former.

Its slick, well presented and all but who decides on the news content to be featured? I've said it before in other threads about CBCPT.... needs more actual community news. I know many of the fan sites are rather inactive but more effort needs to be made to put the community back in to CBCPT.

Thanks for the spotlight of my map on the CBCP!

I've also made a map called Oasis of Nomads (A 4-way FFA/2v2 map) in case anybody is interested in more of my work.

On the topic of the show itself; any plans for the use of a greenscreen to, perhaps, just project a studio? They're not that expensive to set up. You just need a few lights and a green film to set up.

Its slick, well presented and all but who decides on the news content to be featured? I've said it before in other threads about CBCPT.... needs more actual community news. I know many of the fan sites are rather inactive but more effort needs to be made to put the community back in to CBCPT.

We all can add news content to the script that we think is relevant. Not sure what you mean by add community back in; it never left. 4/8 news stories were dealing with community ventures, 6 community mods, an interview for the community , 5 community made maps, 5 matches played by community members, and 6 pieces of community artwork. Unless you mean community interaction, in that case any suggestions would be welcome.

On the topic of the show itself; any plans for the use of a greenscreen to, perhaps, just project a studio? They're not that expensive to set up. You just need a few lights and a green film to set up.

My friend was borrowing my green screen to shoot a short film. Originally that was my plan, to shoot it on green and then add something in the back, but we couldn't. I thought the white was a nice substitute.

As I've written in the comments section for the video itself, the new approach might turn out good (although that bright background isn't good, try to build a set next time :P) but as long as you mix it with the way you showed news from various sites before. That's how it was in the BCPT too, they mixed live-action footage with screenshots, videos & site caps.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to start putting Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge online games in your Battlecast. That's something even the original didn't do and I always felt it's a backstab to the pre-SAGE fans. There's a lot of activity on Strike-Team so you should take a look there.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to start putting Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge online games in your Battlecast. That's something even the original didn't do and I always felt it's a backstab to the pre-SAGE fans. There's a lot of activity on Strike-Team so you should take a look there.

Yeah, but you'll have to record both players' perspectives in Fraps. There isn't a replay system (but I swear to you, I used to read something about running the game with a certain parameter....), and XCC Game Spy doesn't support YR

(although that bright background isn't good, try to build a set next time :P)

You're kidding, right?

This is something that I've also wanted to do since we started the BattleCasts, but Fraps doesn't work in RA 2. HyperCam (suggested on the XWIS) has weird settings and the footage doesn't work in my editor. There are some other programs that I'll have to try out that were suggested. One was $300 so I won't be getting that, but the other may work. Unless someone knows how to run RA 2(First Decade version) windowed in 7.

This is something that I've also wanted to do since we started the BattleCasts, but Fraps doesn't work in RA 2. HyperCam (suggested on the XWIS) has weird settings and the footage doesn't work in my editor. There are some other programs that I'll have to try out that were suggested. One was $300 so I won't be getting that, but the other may work. Unless someone knows how to run RA 2(First Decade version) windowed in 7.

RA2.exe ->Properties-> Target: "C:\...(SPACE) -windowed". Run game from "*.exe" file, not from TFD Launcher.

Also you may record game in FRAPS. All you need is just to adjust monitor resolution to game.

I am hoping the next episode will include the E3 Convention with some new footage of Generals 2, if someone can go there and ask some developers small interviews.

RA2.exe ->Properties-> Target: "C:\...(SPACE) -windowed". Run game from "*.exe" file, not from TFD Launcher.

Also you may record game in FRAPS. All you need is just to adjust monitor resolution to game.

I tried doing that using "-win" which didn't work and neither did what you suggested. I can record RA 2 with Fraps, but just not at HD resolutions, which I would like to do.

I am hoping the next episode will include the E3 Convention with some new footage of Generals 2, if someone can go there and ask some developers small interviews.

I wish. If I could go I would just take my camera.

I can record RA 2 with Fraps, but just not at HD resolutions, which I would like to do.

You tried changing the resolution manually in ra2.ini/ra2md.ini and ignored the fact that the menu bypasses this in YR?

Use Windows Movie Maker and convert movie to HD with this (http://emproductions.webs.com/downloads.htm). You have to move those files to C:\Program Files\WMM\Shared\Profile. If you dont have such directory (Profile) just create it and copy all or one files.

That program's a bit of a bad choice for doing longer and more complex videos. Adobe Premiere Pro FTW

You tried changing the resolution manually in ra2.ini/ra2md.ini and ignored the fact that the menu bypasses this in YR?

I was running RA 2 at 1920X1080 by modifying the .ini, but that is what made it so I couldn't record with Fraps. I could record the menus and stuff that was 1024X768, but when it came to actually drawing the game at 1920X1080 the video just goes black. Audio is still there.

Use Windows Movie Maker and convert movie to HD with this (http://emproductions...m/downloads.htm). You have to move those files to C:\Program Files\WMM\Shared\Profile. If you dont have such directory (Profile) just create it and copy all or one files.

I hope you're not suggesting that upscaling 1024X768 to an HD resolution is the same thing, and using WMM? That's silly talk for so many reasons.

I can do the upscaling quite easily, but one of the problems is that it's a 4:3 (or similar) aspect ratio versus the 16:9 of all the other game footage which means I'd have to duplicate, scale up, and blur a copy of the video to fill the background (like I do with some images).

Thanks for your help, but for now I may have to look at some other software or just use the 1024X768, which wouldn't be that bad.

You might want to start recording after you're done with the menus...

You might want to start recording after you're done with the menus...

I don't know why that works, but it does.

Hi Sybert,

thanks for mentioning the CnC Graphics Patcher. Was surprised to see it there. :)

Anyhow, I concur this episode would have been better with actual mod images or screenshots of their websites being referred to. It would have added some colorful pixels to a segment dominated by black and white. Still, good episode. :thumbsup:

I don't know why that works, but it does.

Pure logic. If you start recording at an 800x600 menu, it will stay in that resolution and go crazy when you switch to a 1920x1080 match. However, if you have a constant resolution set throughout the stage of recording, nothing bad should happen.