Sign in to follow this  
Plok

CnCSaga.de Closing Down

The German fansite CnCSaga.de, along with its host GamesStrike is closing down. Their Facebook profile, and maybe YouTube will go down as well in the following days. This was posted yesterday on their Facebook page:

aeS21.png

(Translation):

We hereby officially announce that the forum and the site have been closed. Facebook pages etc. will close in the days to come.

We wish all the best to their staff and thank them for their contributions.

Guest Rabbit

Another one bites the dust. What an unfortunate time to go.

Gamesstrike had some issues with not enough people to run it lately.

Others say it was the people that stayed that were its downfall. Almost all staff members resigned (or were fired) because of disputes with the site leader.

Considering the state the site was in for the last 18 months, it's not a real loss. And they did everything to scare people away: Recently the page had only three dozens of active users (including the network sites' staff).

Edit: see who likes it.

Edited by AlexB
  • Upvote 1

Guest Rabbit

Now, how related is CnCSaga.de and CnCSaga.com?

Only by name.

CnCSaga.com is the french site, which is not affected by this at all.

The german site was the "successor" to the site CnC-Welten.de, using the same name as the french site, with which they had worked together already. So the german site was founded as a partner site in 2010. The remaining german leader tried to create a network in 2011. I don't know whether they worked together since then.

The merge of cncsaga to gamestrike seemed odd to me. Perhaps only thinking of figures instead of what would actually work.

Cncsaga.de had a good site, with good forums at one point thought, shame really.

Well that is a pitty, Bioware need to get their **** together and start their PR drive for Gen 2.

Cncsaga.de had a good site, with good forums at one point thought, shame really.

When CnCSaga.de partnered with Games Strike things changed I felt. Plus CnCSaga.de had zero content. All the links to their main sections were were either dead or incomplete.

Well that is a pitty, Bioware need to get their **** together and start their PR drive for Gen 2.

What does BioWare or EA have to do with a fan site shutting down? Just because they have been quiet with Generals 2 news doesn't mean a fan site should shut down. By that logic we might as well shut up shop here.

this is sad news, but it was sadly predictable. :(

I did earlier this year a proposal to the saga.de team to come back on the saga.com server and use our tools for free. they preferred to remain independent, but independence is expensive... :sick:

it is not easy to start a fansite about Command & Conquer these days. :rolleyes:

Saga.com remains open and we have a lot of projects for the coming months. :)

• Upvote 1

The merge of cncsaga to gamestrike seemed odd to me. Perhaps only thinking of figures instead of what would actually work.

True, their initial site was quite good, but they vastly overestimate their abilities when they opened the network.

The constant staff problems and the fact that their so called CEO managed to piss of nearly ever major person in the German cnc community with his attitude probably didn't help...

well cncnz will stay once again alive, and thanks to our flame topics here and there, the forums also are alive LOL

and when generals 2 will be more active, and released then the other site will try to catch up :D

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Sad news =/ The most active and powerfull community (German) lost the perfect "battle unit"

They've still got CnCHQ.de :P

What does BioWare or EA have to do with a fan site shutting down? Just because they have been quiet with Generals 2 news doesn't mean a fan site should shut down.

True, but it certainly doesn't help.

They've still got CnCHQ.de :P

CnCHQ? Thats kinda dieing for years - they did the same thing as Saga.de and made their own network and suffered from it. The site is still active, but the forums were a total mess the last time I was there.

CnC Inside was more or less killed and is nothing more than a husk at the moment.

The only german CnC site that is still quite active is the United Forum (by far the best of the bunch).

Well, not much left from the german community atm, I hope it gets more active again with Gen2...

Edited by Stygs

Sad to hear that, but the French website of CNCsaga.com remains. I seldom go to those CNC foreign sites since most of them are inactive.

But in CNCNZ, we're still alive and kicking.

Auf Wiedersehen, blah.. I lurked on that forum plenty to help build my German vocab too. Pity.

Guest Rabbit

Well, it ain't loading for me, is that related?

CnCsaga.de is not dead.

Your website and Facebook state differently.

Wait for more informations. Coming soon. gamesStrike.com is closed now. MineCraftStrike.de is closed to.

You can already see some improvements: The current site doesn't insult people with different opinions any more, and finally all links are working. I like the Plesk default page.

• Upvote 2