wolfstain

Translating TD videos to spanish

Oh, neat, never knew that. So your encoder is actually somewhat simplified, compared to the original one WW must've had?

Yes. That was one of assumptions and simplifications I made because it made it easier to code and also another non-trivial factor was a speed optimization.

Kinda unrelated, but, how exactly are vqps saved? I've made a generator for the stretch palettes the game uses for WSA animations and CPS files, but those are the full 256x256 best-in-between-colour-indexes table. The VQPs seem to be missing the inevitable Y*X duplicates of all X*Y occurrences. So you know exactly how that's done?

Are you aware of a document I created back in the day? A quick search found it mirrored here http://xhp.xwis.net/...ts/vqp_info.txt

You can reverse that bit of pseudocode by instead of reading the next byte, writing into the output file either the [C1][C2] or [C2][C1] combination.

Edited by ugordan

Couldn't make it for now. No worries, you'll have it soon.

This one was easier than the last one, though I still have a hole or two. Nyer can fill them in with the old one.

TDTranscribedII.txt

I hope nyerguds bring a correction because I have no very coherent translation of some sentences.

wolfstain: I'm on it.

Are you aware of a document I created back in the day? A quick search found it mirrored here http://xhp.xwis.net/...ts/vqp_info.txt

You can reverse that bit of pseudocode by instead of reading the next byte, writing into the output file either the [C1][C2] or [C2][C1] combination.

Ooh, thanks for that :)

> You haven't really arrived until Kane has sticked* his media ninjas on you

"Sicked". Term used in relation to someone telling dogs to attack.

> I'm <?> for Sheppard since no one is really sure where he is right now.

"I'm pinching in for Sheppard"

"I'm pinch hitting for Sheppard" - replacing, doing his job because he's not available.

> You've got the Tiberian river running through here

Hiverian river. The Tiber is in Italy, this mission is in Hungary. I found no existing river called anything like it though, so I assume WW made it up.

> Commander, you've been hussled*.

Hustled. From wikipedia: "Hustling is the deceptive act of disguising one's skill in a sport or game with the intent of luring someone of probably lesser skill into gambling (or gambling for higher than current stakes) with the hustler, as a form of confidence trick"

> But we had to play that little game to low* Kane into a false sense of security.

lull Kane into a false sense of security.

> I've unlocked* some UN funding.

correct :)

On the Trieste, Slovenia thing: The Slovenian border is all around Trieste to the east and south of the city, so while the conflict is technically in Slovenia, it can still be around Trieste. He says "Concentrate on the radius of 50 around Trieste", which refers to 50 clicks (kilometres), which brings you well into Slovenian territory.

4kedB.jpg

> We've cornered Kane and his in his biochemical research laboratory

Huh? "We've cornered Kane in his biochemical research laboratory"

> Intelligence informs us that Kane's on sight

"On site". As in, on location.

> Its geosynchronous orbit gives a target diversion's factor weight to 1.

gives a target diversions factor of 8 to 1.

TDTranscribedII.txt

^That could also put it in Croatia (east and south). Still, it's a mistake since he called it a Slovenian city.

You still missed a <?> mark in TBRINFO3 in the first TXT.

EDIT: Hiverian river? I know he said it like that, but where is it? I remember checking that mission on EVA Database and seeing the Tiberian river mentioned in the article.

It's mostly Slovenia :P

As for TBRINFO3:

EVA: GDI-funded research shows a following incidence of Tiberium-related illnesses. Respiratory ailments... reproductive ailments... immune system ailments... Tiberium-related deaths... Spores emitted from Tiberium-infected plants appear to be a source of Tiberium related illnesses. The World Scientific Community is focusing its research on this deadly spore.

Moebius: Tiberium is a new lifeform... quite simply put, it seems to be adapting the Earth's terrain, foliage and environment to suit its alien nature. If this is the case, ladies and gentlemen, we are facing a killer beyond that of our most turbulent nightmares! It is not an exaggeration to state that the future of the entire planet may be in jeopardy! May God have mercy on our souls!

EDIT: Hiverian river? I know he said it like that, but where is it? I remember checking that mission on EVA Database and seeing the Tiberian river mentioned in the article.

Read, plz:

> You've got the Tiberian river running through here

Hiverian river. The Tiber is in Italy, this mission is in Hungary. I found no existing river called anything like it though, so I assume WW made it up.

Why is the folder empty?

Now that's what I call a file hosting site. As soon as I free some space on my HDD, I'll give these a go!

Mind if I upload them to the patch 1.06 ModDB page? ;)

Huh, found an odd error. In burdet1.vqa, when Kane says "Now do it again in French and German" the subtitles say "Now do it again in English and German" :P

[edit]

Overall, though, these videos are really nicely subtitled. Wow :)

I finally got around to uploading video packs on ModDB. I added the Spanish subtitles pack too :)

Might take a while to approve the files, though.

On a related note, I moved the language packs on ModDB to the "Addons" section. This is also where any partial video packs like these subtitled Spanish ones are uploaded :)

btw, it seems mediafire changed their share url format. Your link to the original archives is:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/385iis56su52k/