Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Suggestions for Season 5

Guest Rabbit

Well. I gotta be honest, starting out, I have literally no idea what I'm going to do for season 5. I really want to work on something in the tiberium era, but I don't think it will specifically be C&C 3 oriented.

With that in mind, here's the general suggestion thread.

Suggestions I usually enjoy:

• Individual unit / character situations (Plokite_Wolf suggested that I make the V3 rocket launch into space and never come down, for instance).
  • Improvements to characters / units. (Voices, or maybe the design with legos)
  • Improvements towards the general setup (IE, explaining how I could rig a hover unit for example).
  • Units I should try throwing in. I'll explain below where this gets interesting.
  • General plot suggestions.

Suggestions that, for the most part, I seem to read, but ignore:

• Specific storylines. To be honest, sometimes people post these or PM them to me, and frankly, they're either too specific with very little wiggle room, or people will suggest that I go way off course. This might be a little different for this season, since I don't really have a course yet.
  • Mod covers. I don't care enough to follow specific mods, nor will the greater part of the C&C community understand a reference to a specific mod.

I might, might, add a new touch to the series. I'm considering making it more Renegade-style, where specific characters have specific weapons and personalities, and it's a more mission by mission season, rather than a big picture thing. What I mean by this is instead of the plot leading to the eventual capture or destruction of the big bad boss, I might just throw in random episodes of a Nod base that needs to be destroyed, or something like that.

Here's the kicker. This season is going in a new direction in a very specific way. This season is going to be the connection between the Red Alert series and the Tiberium Era series. This is where you guys can really get creative, and this is where I'm going to have to get really smart with the script, because it's not technically covering any Command and Conquer game.

One last thing to keep in mind, with this season, we're assuming Red Alert III never happened.

This season is going to be the connection between the Red Alert series and the Tiberium Era series. This is where you guys can really get creative, and this is where I'm going to have to get really smart with the script, because it's not technically covering any Command and Conquer game.

One last thing to keep in mind, with this season, we're assuming Red Alert III never happened.

I suggest taking some ideas from the never-released Renegade 2. All info found there was extracted directly from Petroglyph developers.

Guest Weasel Snout

That's good stuff right there. Already giving me ideas. I think it'll help me come up with a good storyline.

I think I'll start the season with a bunch of "Scavengers," all of which are soldiers spread through different European countries. They'll start with just basic acts of terrorism, and the season will end somewhere way down the line, with a final reference to the

, where you can see that trade center explosion.

It mentions several other attacks happening beforehand, which is probably what I'll emulate.

Nice start. Maybe add in some funny trial and error with tiberium harvesting methods? Harversters didn't just drop from the sky... ;)

Since you're going for an era just before the 1st tiberium war, you could throw a comedic scene somewhere in the story as a reference to the crashed homemade Scrin ship from TS. A long shot? Not if you take into consideration that Kane stated that it was constructed by Nod near the end of the 1st war. So Nod's elite must have had plans to construct it during the war. Advanced flying thingys like that don't just get built in a week or so.

To keep the idea short, you could animate some UN/GDI/"good guys" soldiers to bump into some top secret Nod blueprints of the Scrin ship that's under construction (or planed for construction). The guys that get a look at the plans should either join Nod, get killed or take a vacation so GDI doesn't find out about it until the 2nd war. Maybe you could incorporate it in a more funny scene where GDI troops search a computer interface or something and while browsing through the files say stuff like: "Let's see if we can't find any intel on where the terrorists might strike next... hmm, combat tactics, survival guides, recon bike part list, tiberium pictures, Nod's top secret alien warship blueprints, cook book files...".

This is just a simple comedic reference idea. You can do what ever the hell you want with it if you like it. ;)

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Guest Rabbit

It's an interesting concept, though, that's... idunno, that's waaaay beyond the timeline I'd be following. I don't even know if I'd be touching aliens this season.

It's your series. I'm just sharing some ideas.

This is where you guys can really get creative...

Maybe it would help if you were to limit the creativity you expect in fan submitted ideas/suggestions. A slightly more detailed timeline and story elaboration perhaps?

(when you finalize some sort of setting or plot)

Guest Rabbit

Well, as I've said, I'm looking at the timeline between Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Dawn. Keep in mind, other than by Kane himself, there was no knowledge by anyone of the Scrin.

The rest is a good idea, a random GDI intel search, it could fit with the new style of plot-lining I'm going to be putting together.

How about the Harvester bit I mentioned earlier? If tiberium just settled in on Earth, then there would have been failed attempts to harvest it. You could use little things like that for joke scenes at the ends of a few episodes, or just have some comedy relief to break up two scenes. Think of the possibilities in experimenting with random ways on how to go about collecting hazardous crystals, maybe even some sort of funny way the harvester breakthrough was accomplished. This could be paired with both GDI and Nod (to a smaller degree). Eventually, you could link up GDI's incompetents in harvesting tiberium with the second (I think) episode of Season 1 where GDI captures a Nod Refinery in order to gain some knowledge and tech on the matter.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, harvesting will be an interesting bit to fool around with. I'm going to be fooling around with a lot of unit "prototypes."

I plan on revisiting the "attack bikes" at least one more time. Conveniently, it will involve actual motorcycles this time.

I thought Season 5 will be all Tiberium Legos, instead of C&C Legos: Generals. I already had a proposed scenario done for the new season of Tiberium Legos.

Besides Renegade, what about the cancelled Tiberium and ex-Westwood's C&C3 Tiberian Twilight games? Maybe you could also considering putting more story background on....... The Forgotten, in the Tiberian universe, maybe based on The Forgotten C&C3 mod.

As for this statement: This season is going to be the connection between the Red Alert series and the Tiberium Era series. Only the C&C Generals series can fit that.

• Downvote 1

I'm sure Zee decided ages ago that he wasn't going to do any series based around Generals. And there are no plans to change the series name from C&C Legos to Tiberium Legos. Although Zee has the final say on that.

Guest Rabbit

C&C Legos covers the series as a whole. There's no point in changing the name back to Tiberium Legos, otherwise it would make no sense that I even called season 4 "C&C Legos" in the first place.

C&C Generals can not fit a connection between the Red Alerts and the Tiberium games. I don't know what gave you that idea, that game never had anything to do with the storyline of either.

How about the Harvester bit I mentioned earlier? If tiberium just settled in on Earth, then there would have been failed attempts to harvest it. You could use little things like that for joke scenes at the ends of a few episodes, or just have some comedy relief to break up two scenes. Think of the possibilities in experimenting with random ways on how to go about collecting hazardous crystals, maybe even some sort of funny way the harvester breakthrough was accomplished. This could be paired with both GDI and Nod (to a smaller degree). Eventually, you could link up GDI's incompetents in harvesting tiberium with the second (I think) episode of Season 1 where GDI captures a Nod Refinery in order to gain some knowledge and tech on the matter.

Seems a bit too far into the Tiberium universe. In S1E1 Tiberium was already there, and in S1E2 Nod knew how to harvest it. Since this is a connection between seasons 4 and 1, I think the last episode should end as the beginning of S1E1.

We should also cover the fact that Tesla coils, Kirovs and such have mysteriously disappeared.

otherwise it would make no sense that I even called season 4 "C&C Legos" in the first place.

Well, it didn't :P

If RA4 had been the end of the RA series, it would lead back to the events of C&C1. RA3 was a disaster in every way for its story. If C&C3 were to happen, I would have thought of C&C Legos: Tiberium Wars.

As for a new sugesstion(s) to create this crossover from the past into the future, this makes it even harder for me to propose a good scenario.

Sorry for the bump, but I finally may be coming up with something.

The only events I could think of are these:

-- Between the end of RA series and begin of Tiberian series, the Soviet Union collapsed to become split nations including Russia. The long cold war since WWII ended. During that time, Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod were formed and rose to power. Some of the forces from the former Soviets joined Nod.

-- The Allied nations (including European Union and Russia) formed together to become the Global Defense Intiative.

-- Characters: most likely to include the younger Nick "Havoc" Parker before the events of C&C Renegade and the first Tiberium war. Although Price is to be introduced in the season finale of Season 4, he may be a good use (as a different type of character which won't be related to the COD series) in the next season of C&C Legos.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, my primary focus for this season will definitely be the establishment of Nod.

I'm thinking of having it start as sort of a "gang" of types, with small establishments in different countries, calling themselves scavengers, brothers, that type of thing.

Havoc is definitely an interesting character to introduce. I could see that turning into a decent development.

This is kind of what I'm aiming for though, I think with the first episode, I'm going to start it off as if these scavenger groups already exist in European countries, and a few even exist in America. The goals are ambiguous, Kane is pretty much just turning in the post-war depression into an opportunity to create what he just calls a "Brotherhood," which eventually turns into the name of the entire faction once they all band together.

Ultimately, once Tiberium shows up on earth, Kane will rise as a figurehead, calling for these groups that exist worldwide to join together as a huge faction to gain control of the new "Technology of peace" that the government is trying to keep from them all.

Something along the lines of that. It will basically start as Scavengers and Brothers who are all divided (and occasionally fight each other), and Kane brings them together for this common goal.

The UNGDI will not even see them as a military threat at first. Just a gang of crooks and misfits, until these people start causing chaos and destruction on a worldwide level.

The C&C 1 "modern" Brotherhood's second-in-command Seth could be worth looking into as well...

Guest Rabbit

Now that's an interesting concept. I might actually make him a main character.

How about including the leftovers of the GLA and the Soviet Union, joining the Brotherhood of Nod? I still want another GLA Diaires for that season, but in seven rounds of who wins.

Guest Rabbit

Anything related to Generals will be completely and entirely separate from Red Alert and Tiberium related episodes. I might do diaries and such, but they'll never be directly involved.

You should definitely do after-credits diaries again.

I thought about a scene seen in the preview of Generals 2 where a drone missile strike and/or air strike attacked a group of GLA forces (with Rebels and Technicals). The GLA had no clue what they have heard and I think that will be a good suggestion to include in GLA diaries.

In Season 2, it was GLA vs the Airport. In Season 4, it was GLA vs USA. I bet this time it'll be GLA vs. EU. :P

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, I have a few new ideas for after-credits funny stuff involving Generals.

On another note, based on the end of season 4, I'm pretty decided on the basics of how GDI and the early stages of the Brotherhood formed. Lemme know what you guys think.

Basically, the Allies and Soviets (Along with a few other countries that weren't in RA2) decided to form the UNGDI, as sort of a unified coalition. The soviets, obviously on the raw side of this whole ordeal, are more or less forced into this planning because of the fact that the world is still pissed at them, and wants them to be a part of this union to keep them in check. Ultimately, this "forced" union easily dissipates, but because of that, people from everywhere break off from this union altogether.

The main trouble with this whole storyline plotting is determining how to bring non-soviets into the fold. Nod, throughout TD and TS, comprised of mainly english speaking people with "normal" accents, so to speak, and so obviously, Kane's army is made up of more than just Russians and other Soviets.

That's the trouble I'm going to have, but it's also something I might leave ambiguous, and I might just start the new season as if there are already splinter groups around the world, comprised of outsiders, or lost people who are merely interested in rebelling against society.

With all that in mind, here's a list of some themes I want to create, in no particular order:

Scavenger / Brotherhood / Nod

1. "Brothers" or "Scavengers" stealing weapons and supplies from a UN armory and random UN soldiers.

2. Massive hacking of blueprints of the prism technology / Destruction of last known prism tanks.

-Along with this, the destruction of mirage tank technology, while research is used for stealth technology.

3. Assassination of Einstein.

4. Kane bringing everyone together.

5. Mass terrorism attacks.

United Nations / Global Defense Initiative

1. Formation and destruction of soviet weapons

2. Ion cannon research based on the old Prism technology

I'll come up with more as time goes on, but this is some of what I have right now.