Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Suggestions for Season 5

GDI is the new world superpower. The global superpower always takes on unique traits: the rest of the world expects them to run everything, and the rest of the world hates them for trying to run everything.

GDI's great weakness was control over the people. While their intentions were mostly good, they could not satisfy everyone and Nod jumped on that every chance they got.

If the world ever formed a global protectorate, you know it would take its authority too far. By the Tiberian games, GDI was making all the calls, and by TW, you could really see the corruption of power.

Basically, you don't need to make specific reasons why the world split, it would just happen naturally. In my opinion, a real GDI would be very bad for this planet (though the terrorist faction wouldn't be any better).

Basically, the Allies and Soviets (Along with a few other countries that weren't in RA2) decided to form the UNGDI, as sort of a unified coalition. The soviets, obviously on the raw side of this whole ordeal, are more or less forced into this planning because of the fact that the world is still pissed at them, and wants them to be a part of this union to keep them in check. Ultimately, this "forced" union easily dissipates, but because of that, people from everywhere break off from this union altogether.

Allies and Soviets in an alliance? You kidding?

The main trouble with this whole storyline plotting is determining how to bring non-soviets into the fold. Nod, throughout TD and TS, comprised of mainly english speaking people with "normal" accents, so to speak, and so obviously, Kane's army is made up of more than just Russians and other Soviets.

That's because WW was too lazy to make some more authentic stuff. If you recall, in TD, Eastern Europe and Northeastern Africa were the original Nod hot spots from where they started to spread. You can include in the same place Russians, Polaks, Slovaks, Hungarians, Austrians, Croats, Bosniaks, Serbs, Albanians, Egyptians, Libyans... the list goes on.

That's the trouble I'm going to have, but it's also something I might leave ambiguous, and I might just start the new season as if there are already splinter groups around the world, comprised of outsiders, or lost people who are merely interested in rebelling against society.

That was probably the initial Scavengers' idea.

Guest Rabbit

It wasn't a welcomed alliance. It was an alliance in the sense of the USA being in "control" of Russia, but it being painted as a new alliance, like every time we have dominated a country in a war in the past century. Japan, Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan... when we invade places, they become a part of our country, in the sense that we post an outpost and a puppet government. That's the only thing I mean by "alliance."

GDI's great weakness was control over the people. While their intentions were mostly good, they could not satisfy everyone and Nod jumped on that every chance they got.

I think I might aim for that as much as I can, but I never really get too detailed with the plots anyway, so I guess it won't be too hard to pull off.

I like some of the new ideas being added in, but there are some things not mentioned, the UN/GDI abandoning of the chrono and time travel technology after the passing of Einstein.

Also will this season be shortened to just the normal six episodes, just like the first three seasons, giving the fact that the storylines may be short?

Guest Okay

I'll play the episode count as I see fit.

As for the time travel, I think that'll just be something that is abandoned because they realize how many problems it seems to have caused.

The main trouble with this whole storyline plotting is determining how to bring non-soviets into the fold. Nod, throughout TD and TS, comprised of mainly english speaking people with "normal" accents, so to speak, and so obviously, Kane's army is made up of more than just Russians and other Soviets.

Keep in mind that, given the C&C Legos "traditional" joke-like approach pattern, you could back this up with a funny scene regarding the problem. Or even just get random non-ex-soviet people to magically pop up in your splinter groups because they had nothing better to do or something (jokes/dialogs) - make it funny and work from there. That's just a fall back idea of course.

Guest Rabbit

Here's a fun one for you, Plokite_Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNu0iEq6jA&t=34s

As you can see here, Russia is a part of the GDI. Now, this was all created before RA1 was even conceived, but bear in mind, I'm more focused on the TD side of things rather than the RA2 side of things.

For Yuri, you might want to go with Westwood's Original idea.

According to some former developers, Incursion was to connect RA2 with C&C. It involved the destruction of the Philidelphia by a nuclear missile from Nod (Wonder where that went into...) and the survival of a single armor prototype, the screaming eagle, and its operator. The factions fight to attempt to gain control of this powerful suit, but Nod accidentely set off a Chronosphere while fighting in the National Archives, sending Kane's Acolyte, Yuri, back in time.

This script was very vague, so you can fill in the details.

Guest Rabbit

Ehh. I don't think I'm going to follow in that direction, honestly. I'm not going to cover the entire connection between RA2 and TD, I think in some ways, I'm just going to be covering the proliferation of Nod right before TD.

As you can see here, Russia is a part of the GDI.

Russia, yes. But you kept mentioning the USSR to me.

Guest Rabbit

Alright, so, minor update.

The storyline I'm putting into place is going to follow several different events in different countries. Overall, at the beginning of each episode, you'll see the world map, which will zoom in on a specific location, to sort of set the stage of what in specific is happening.

Over time, the map will be filled in different locations with GDI and Nod coverage, as episodes happen and events take place.

I'm going to start the first episode off with a simple plot to kind of develop the series, and we'll head off from there.

With that, as of now, Season 5, Episode 1 is in progress.