Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Anyone know who's doing the main patches to RA2/YR?

To sum this up:

-- Nyerguds is in charge of C&C1 Tiberian Dawn patching.

-- AlexB is in charge of RA1 patching (used to be Hyper) while Vistha had done some of the main stuff and HiFi was the first person to have a working high-resolution version of RA1.

-- Hyper is in charge of C&C2 Tiberian Sun, C&C Sole Survivor and Dune 2000 patching.

-- A team called Tiberian Technologies (along with members JonWil and MPZunnie) are in charge of C&C Renegade patching, although that game still needs high resolution textures and other graphic improvement.

-- Only two teams I knew created unofficial patches to C&C Generals/Zero Hour but no one in the C&C community has stepped up to patch both of them and include them in TFD unofficial patch.

-- CrazyGDIFan123 is the only person to do C&C3 and Kane's Wrath patching with a lot of balancing and some bug fixes.

-- Bobug and RedAlert2008 were the ones to do a community patch version of RA3 before they disappeared.

So now who's in charge of RA2/YR patching besides the old RockPatch and the usage of Ares? Balancing is still terrible there and I thought the YR main menu may be fixed already.

Edited by zocom7

The good news is that UMP patch for Yuri's revenge has no virus.

The latest version of the RockPatch for YR has a trojan virus which had my Norton anti-virus program detected it.

RockPatch doesn't have a virus, Norton thinks it's a virus because of some weird stuff. Anyway, RockPatch is defintiely not what truly "patches" YR.

Noone's working on/fixing Red Alert 2. Strike-Team releases some multiplayer updates from time to time, like automatic screenshot maker.

The only people who are actually fixing Yuri's Revenge engine bugs are the Ares team. Noone will touch the rules of the game, because a consensus between all YR players will never be achieved, leaving Ares' engine improvements the only patches you can ever expect. Oh, and 1.002 UMP is long dead.

Edited by Speeder

The latest version of the RockPatch for YR has a trojan virus which had my Norton anti-virus program detected it.

I thought I was the last one here to use Symantec's ****. I think it used to detect Nyerguds' Funpark mission exe as a virus before he merged it into the main game.

Noone's working on/fixing Red Alert 2. Strike-Team releases some multiplayer updates from time to time, like automatic screenshot maker.

The best thing they made was XCC Gamespy. And I think it's RA2 only, not YR.

The only people who are actually fixing Yuri's Revenge engine bugs are the Ares team.

Ares - the best tool for enabling new stuff and destabilizing the game in the community!

Noone will touch the rules of the game, because a consensus between all YR players will never be achieved,

You mean XWIS players that only spam basic tanks? The changes wouldn't affect them, either.

Oh, and 1.002 UMP is long dead.

That doesn't deny its awesome.

I think you mean that Ares stabilizes the game. The other way around means it breaks. I mean, it often does but that's neither here nor there.

I think you mean that Ares stabilizes the game

??????????

-- IDK who's in charge of C&C Renegade patching. (although that game still needs high resolution textures and other graphic improvement)

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned anything before: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/ is doing some serious work with renegade.

• Upvote 1

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned anything before: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/ is doing some serious work with renegade.

So JonWil and MPZunnie are involved in this project. So far all I know is that unofficial patch (known as scripts.dll) is in the beta stages.

It's still used in major mods like APB, IIRC

-- A team called Tiberian Technologies (along with members JonWil and MPZunnie) are in charge of C&C Renegade patching, although that game still needs high resolution textures and other graphic improvement.

?????????????????