keithktam

Is there any way to go beyond 1280x768 and another question on VFX

hi, just wondering if it is possible to increase the resolution beyond the above limit, i am running win7 btw. and what is the VFX do in the graphic option?? are there any way to adjust the graphic that decrease the "glowing effect" and less painting like (I know it supposes to look toony)?? the reason i am asking this is because i just watched a random vid on red alert 3 and it showed more solid colour and generally better graphic than my new pc...

many thanks!!

Edited by keithktam

Can you change the screen resolution in Red Alert 3 to something higher than 1280 x 768? Well yes you can. The screen resolutions are determined by hardware. What it supports etc...

The VFX is basically all the fancy stuff. You can't do much from the in game menus in terms of customising it though other than what offered in the menus. Perhaps experimenting with the "Options.ini" file found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Profiles\USERNAME is what your looking for.

WGaaI.png

A basic guide that may explain more can be found here http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/portals.php?show=page&name=red-alert-3-feature-graphics-comparison

Can you change the screen resolution in Red Alert 3 to something higher than 1280 x 768? Well yes you can. The screen resolutions are determined by hardware. What it supports etc...

The VFX is basically all the fancy stuff. You can't do much from the in game menus in terms of customising it though other than what offered in the menus. Perhaps experimenting with the "Options.ini" file found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Profiles\USERNAME is what your looking for.

A basic guide that may explain more can be found here http://www.gamerepla...hics-comparison

my pc is pretty new, so it should, but there were three option in the resolution section, and the higheset is 1280x768..... would a new patch help and what patch do you have on your red alert now??

thanks again!!

sorry mate, i actually meant UPRISING

this is my screen cap:

449987072_sshot0002_122_67lo.jpg

Edited by Sonic
Merged two back to back posts

It might be an issue with your drivers or something. Here's my Uprising shot (see the Steel Ronin to the right for proof)

UeouZ.jpg

my pc is pretty new, so it should, but there were three option in the resolution section, and the higheset is 1280x768..... would a new patch help and what patch do you have on your red alert now??

What is the video card in your PC? Updated display drivers could sort this out.

What is the video card in your PC? Updated display drivers could sort this out.

its NVIDIEA GeForce GT 540M

oh, and win7, 8GB ram

thanks

Oh this is a laptop then. That's probably your answer right there. That video card, or in this case, video chip set, simply isn't capable of getting those higher resolutions.

Oh this is a laptop then. That's probably your answer right there. That video card, or in this case, video chip set, simply isn't capable of getting those higher resolutions.

It's also simply limited by the laptop's screen resolution.

Yeah that's true. Check your Windows display settings, it will show what your video chip set is capable of display. I.E. your maximum resolution.

On my laptop I can only get 1280 x 800.

8F7Sa.png

This is my cap for my screen resolution:

223592194_SR_122_356lo.jpg

223626103_SR2_122_368lo.jpg

though mine is a laptop, but i think the graphic card is quite powerful (not the most powerful of course, but better than average), and when I played starcraft 2, i was able to get the right resolution which is 1366x768, could this be win 7 64 bit problem perhaps??

many thanks!!

Maybe RA3U doesn't support that one natively. You can do this to bypass the menu:

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3 Uprising

Then go to Profiles\your RA3U profile name

Open Options.ini

You'll see the Resolution string. Set it to:

Resolution = 1366 768

Save it and close it, then run the game again.

Does it work?

Maybe RA3U doesn't support that one natively. You can do this to bypass the menu:

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3 Uprising

Then go to Profiles\your RA3U profile name

Open Options.ini

You'll see the Resolution string. Set it to:

Resolution = 1366 768

Save it and close it, then run the game again.

Does it work?

i am afraid not, but truely appreciate your help!! what happen was that i changed that as you instructed, but then the resolution went back to 800x600 and i clicked the list and still the max option is 1280x768, do not really understand why.... may be is 64 bit win 7.... but once again, thanks!!