Sign in to follow this  
Plok

New Command & Conquer Trailer at Gamescom

Yes, you read it right! When no one expected it, BioWare Victory released a new trailer with actual gameplay at Gamescom. It is unclear why did they leave out the Generals 2 logo in the video title and the ending, but you can still feast your eyes on this long awaited material.

In other news, the official Facebook page shows a free-to-play tag. I guess that all we can do is wait until this becomes clear.

UPDATE: The Generals 2 section on the official website is gone. The game will simply be called Command & Conquer, with all (dis)advantages Free-to-play gameplay gives, according to IGN.

Are they going to restart whole saga? This could be an answer for missing "Generals 2" subtitle.

holy **** they dint forgot us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we just had to scream louder i guess!

i dont care if they reboot the entire fransize i dont care if they call it Command & Conquer Madona 2, or Generals 3, or Paris Hilton 4,

just give me this pure base RTS strategy with this warfare time and technology, with that FrostBite 2 graphic engine and you can get all my money right now! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

oh btw, with LAN! :P

Edited by Johnnyxp64

oh btw, with LAN! :P

F2P = constant Internet access. Period.

The Generals 2 section on the official website is gone. Guess this won't be called Generals 2 after all?

Command & Conquer will be available as a free, client-based game for the PC in 2013. For more information on and to register for a chance to be selected for closed beta access, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com/free.

It seems the C&C title is official. They cannot reboot the franchise and nullify two or possibly three universes!!!

Continuous Live Content

An ever-evolving experience, enhance your game with an expanding array of content based on how you play.

hmmm now whats that.......

ok let the rumors begin....love tha time hahaha....

actually they will wait to see our reaction and then someone officially will give us a FAQ

Edited by Johnnyxp64

we also have this it seems its going the End of Nations direction but with classic RTS style not baseless style and few units like EoN

http://www.ign.com/a...generals-2-free

Electronic Arts is transforming Command & Conquer: Generals 2, first announced last year, into a free-to-play title simply called Command & Conquer. That doesn’t mean Generals 2 is going away, it’s just not called Generals 2 anymore. It’s part of a Command & Conquer platform that, for EA, appears to be a big initial step toward reinventing its venerable real-time strategy franchise.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I belive, that someone in EA realised how do they ****ed up Tiberium and Red Alert series, so they have decided to make whole new franchise. Propably pushed by "Command & Conquer: Alliances" success and totaly new expectiations for online RTS games.

EDIT:

Hah, no Single Player mode. EA counterattacks Petroglyph and their "End of Nations"? :P

Edited by Sonic

so I'm not gonna lie, I've clicked "register for beta" about 50 times so far, while logged into my Origin account, and I'm praying that it will increase my chances of getting into the beta first wave...

P.S. make that 51 times.

Everyone likes free stuff, but I have yet to see a free to play game that comes anywhere near the entertainment value of an old fashioned box in the store game you can play without even owning internet access.

The video looks really good, but the news that comes with it, in my opinion, is very, very disappointing.

I truly hope Generals 2 Command & Conquer doesn't flop, but this is a bad direction they are taking and the future is looking grim (and flashy, with nice explosions, but also grim).

The trailer was alright. But way to much tank spam. :P

The trailer was alright. But way to much tank spam. :P

There can never be enough tank spam!

• Upvote 1

There can never be enough tank spam!

+1 indeed! hehehe ^_^ ^_^

It seems the C&C title is official. They cannot reboot the franchise and nullify two or possibly three universes!!!

That's... what a reboot is...

I know, but you can't use one universe to deny two other! Tib and RA universes, in spite of the possible DLC factions, will no longer be valid. And where did you see a good reboot?

I do. And I don't accept it.

Like I said on Skype, you can go ahead and "not accept it" all you want but it won't change a damn thing. I don't get why people are so stubborn about everything.

I don't get why people are so stubborn about everything.

And I don't get why do you need to consider the entire community as ignorant and unstable every damn time you mention it.

It's because he's stubborn.

I don't like how cartoony some of the units look and it doesn't look like really thoughtout or tactical RTS gameplay but.. it's a trailer! Stuff blew up and I saw units! I'm okay with this... FOR NOW.

And I don't get why do you need to consider the entire community as ignorant and unstable every damn time you mention it.

When everywhere I go that covers C&C has a majority of people complaining, I'm going to note that. I only call it as I see it.