Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Rumour: The New C&C Will Have Many Factions or Sub-factions

The latest Internet rumours suggest that the new Command & Conquer will have many factions for you to wage war with, or possibly multiple sub-factions. What these factions are, remains to be seen. And, apparently, more new details about the new Command & Conquer will arrive by the end of the month.

Ql5JY.png

We have no official word or source, so it's just an unconfirmed rumour for now. Credit to CNC Saga for this.

More factions means more units, which ultimately means a tougher act at balancing. EA is terrible at balancing. :P

Luk3us nailed it. If they can pull off it somewhat well (ZH's number of faction with that sort of balance), I'd be very, very impressed!

Given EA's record, this is how I see this play out...

Initial game: GLA, EU

A wad of cash each: Every other faction with terrible balancing

EA's answer to terrible balancing: A patch two weeks after release which drops terrible balancing down to merely sucky balancing

EA's answer to merely sucky balancing: What? We already released a patch, what more do you want? It's not like we're making you pay for every patch (they're FREE!!! Yes, that's right, f-r-e-e!), you greedy whiners. Oh hey, we have more stuff for sale!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I doubt it... At launch at least. It wouldn't surprise me if more factions (plenty of them) would be added later.

Awesome...

Also they can make money on: "Playing GDI side? Upgrade yourself and grab Mamooth Tank just for 4,99$!". Include other scums like that :)

I could see a new rendition and revision of CNCLabs' C&C All-Stars with all factions playable across from all three C&C universes.

Guest Stevie_K

I wouldn't mind seeing all factions in one C&C title. As long as it kicks ass that is. About the balancing however, I think developers might go with a simpler RTS model that won't be as complicated to balance as say Starcraft 2.