Sign in to follow this  
Generals2tv

VLOG: Gamescom Announcement & Communities reaction + TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTrU1leKOVc

his vid was done only hours after i saw the trailer so i didnt have time to look deep into the forums.
Upon looking at them now i realize that "Generals 2" is no more and has been replaced with a generic Command and Conquer Free to play
As for my Youtube name I may create a New account as "Generals 2" is no more. Please advise me on what i should do Edited by Zee Hypnotist
Fixed text color. It was unreadable.

Guest Rabbit

Just so everyone is at ease, the actual relevant portion of this video begins at 7:14. The stuff before is about how good the graphics look, the community posting comments everywhere, and a comparison to League of Legends.

Now, with that in mind, I want to make a few comments.

I disagree with your mere comparison to the new C&C game and how good it needs to be with the position that Blizzard is at. There is no way that a C&C game is going to par with the status of Blizzard. And you are saying that to try to stump Blizzard, as long as EA makes the game free, they have a better chance? Naw, naw.

You also made a massive fatal flaw of a point to your arguments. You mentioned how great League of Legends is because you can pay not to win, but to improve your gameplay experience. By adding new skins. Or new features. Or paying to level up. Level up. How is that not pay to win? I haven't played LoL, but Idunno, I just wanted to make a point about your point there.

On another note, I really think you should have redone this video. Make it more accurate to the actual news that is out there. I took the time to watch the whole thing, mainly because I feel you have a differing opinion and frankly, I was curious enough to see it.

the actual relevant portion of this video begins at 7:14.

Ah, ok... I got bored and left at around 6:30 or so.

I disagree with your mere comparison to the new C&C game and how good it needs to be with the position that Blizzard is at. There is no way that a C&C game is going to par with the status of Blizzard. And you are saying that to try to stump Blizzard, as long as EA makes the game free, they have a better chance? Naw, naw

People Said that about Lol, The fact that a F2P will be a hit and miss and look at LoL now. EA have a chance here to capitalise on Being the first RTS to be playable without having to pay a cent. That in itself opens up The possibility for people to play the game that a) Dont want to spend money on something they havent tried before B) Those that Cant pay for the game and c) Those that have been insulted by the last EA CnC product

I am not saying stump them for game play and mechanics im saying catching up with them in player base

You also made a massive fatal flaw of a point to your arguments. You mentioned how great League of Legends is because you can pay not to win, but to improve your gameplay experience. By adding new skins. Or new features. Or paying to level up. Level up. How is that not pay to win? I haven't played LoL, but Idunno, I just wanted to make a point about your point there.

You can only level up by playing but you can buy Riot Points to speed up that process. You can also get these points by playing games, it will just take longer. With those points you can purchase all those things (runes Chatacters ect)

On another note, I really think you should have redone this video. Make it more accurate to the actual news that is out there. I took the time to watch the whole thing, mainly because I feel you have a differing opinion and frankly, I was curious enough to see it.

I should have waited indeed. Im Going to be putting out a more published version Soon I do Thank you For your Feedback though :)

Edited by Sonic
Fixed quotes for readability

You can only level up by playing but you can buy Riot Points to speed up that process. You can also get these points by playing games, it will just take longer. With those points you can purchase all those things (runes Chatacters ect)

Isn't that the same with just one more level of indirection? If you pay you get to the next level in less time or you get to a higher level in the same time. The effect is the same.

Why even to bother in defending whole F2P process. You can't make any mod for it, 'coz developer will have to deliver their tools for free, while they are makin' paid addons by themself. It would be like shooting yourself to your knee... Moreover game is "free" just in name. You will have to register on Origin - i am more than sure they will merge them - which will result in bunch of spam on mailbox (new offers of paid addons and other advertisements). Of course you don't pay for a game at all, but on the other hand they gain information about your "ingame experience" and create specific offer to your achievements.

It works like Google: "It's free! C'mon create account here, here.... don't need? No matter, we merge those accounts in one big Google+ thingy... of course for free!... just for little amount of information about you... just a little... never mind - wanna an account?!"

Also after i saw how EA supports their IP's... gosh! Do they really think, that just few patches can solve balance problems while they will add new factions all the time? It looks like worst nightmare ever!

Edited by Traymen

Guest Rabbit

Speed up the process of leveling up.

Thus, you have an advantage over other players, based on payment.

Thus, pay to win. Is it that hard to understand?

Guest Rabbit

Well, if EA can stick to that, then good for them. But I mean, ****, they suddenly release Tiberium Alliances (which is severely pay 2 win), and that does so well for them financially that they scrap Generals 2 for a F2P game. I think it's easy to see where that might go.

The only (and I mean only) way that F2P would work in an appropriate manner is that there is literally nothing that can be bought that offers any advantage in a player vs player environment. And that's the thing, it probably won't start that way. It'll start with skins. And new factions, and maybe missions (later on), and a number of different things. But then, because they know they can make money off of it, they will offer the option to buy a new tank here or a new superweapon there, and bam. The advantage factor is on, and even if it takes a year, paying to win is the end result.

Mmmm, I think it may work out like this

You download the game and you can only play one faction online, pay $5 and you can purchase one faction another $5 and you can get the other one. This is not p2w because the game is balanced across the 3 armies. a

Also, Maybe you can get a pallet of different colours for your army, another couple of bucks.

Want Priory in the matchmatching process maybe a few more.

There are allot of different things EA can do to not make this a Pay to win.

Lets hope they do that

Guest Rabbit

I definitely want to pay for a pallet of colors.

Guest Rabbit

Because the mere fact that I have to pay for my units to be a slightly different color shows that the game designer of said game isn't focusing on more important things than the color of my units. EA's main focus will be on what is profitable once the game is released, and if they care more about the color of a unit than something, anything else, then there is a problem. And sure, obviously there will be more things to buy besides a "color pallet," but if they have to stoop to that level, it'll either mean I have to pay for every tiny little thing that is more important than that, or they're not finding good content to make us pay for to begin with.

It is just weak explanation to lazy attitude of EA developers. They will make only things on which they can earn money - nothing less and nothing more. Just precisely focused on visual add-ons and imbalanced factions.

Edited by Traymen

why is no one thinking :/

Ea cannot afford to make a ****ty imbalanced game because then no one would play it and thus no one would purchase all the bells and whistles.

They are gong to have to make a bloody good game that people will WANT to spend money on things.

If EA make a sub par game and lets say only 5% of players pay for something they will not turn over a profit because the other 95% will be feeling cheated by the fact thats its "p2W"

In a Business sense it is suicide to make the game p2w

In a Business sense it is suicide to make the game p2w

And yet... the concept not only still exists, but is quite abundant. How weird is that?

Guest Rabbit

Here's the thing, Generals2tv. I understand what you're trying to say. The concept itself of a F2P game is excellent, when executed correctly. That is fine.

The issue here is EA pulling it off. EA does not have a good track record. No matter how much you want to say F2P is a great idea, the problem is, you're giving that great idea to EA, who will most likely execute it poorly.

W shall see, They have Some Riot Employees in charge of the Paying system so hopefull y they can bring some knowledge over from LoL