Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection Announced

To mark the 17th anniversary of the beginning of the Command & Conquer franchise, EA has announced the Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection bundle. It features 17 games all packed in to one box for an extremely low price. Not only will it feature all the games, it will include early beta access to the new Command & Conquer - Free to Play coming in 2013. The full press release can be read below.

mKUXy.png

EA Celebrates 17 Years of Strategy Gaming With Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection

Get 17 Games from the Best-Selling Real Time Strategy Franchise of All Time for Only $49.99 and Receive Early Beta Access to the Next Command & Conquer Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Happy anniversary, Commander! Seventeen years and 17 games after the release of the first Command & Conquer™ title, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) today announced Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection, a compilation of all 17 games that have made Command & Conquer the #1 selling real-time strategy franchise of all time. Available later this fall for $49.99 USD, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will not only give fans a chance to re-experience all three award-winning Command & Conquer universes – the epic clash between the GDI and Nod in Tiberium, the alternate Cold War of the Red Alert series and the modern warfare in Generals – but will also give them early access to the upcoming beta for the new Frostbite™ 2 powered Command & Conquer, coming in 2013.

“As long time fans of the Command & Conquer franchise, we are excited to be able to help celebrate the legacy of the series with this compilation. Our passion for this fantastic portfolio is helping drive us as we deliver the next great Command & Conquer experience next year,” said Jon Van Caneghem, Vice President and General Manager, Electronic Arts.

This incredible value is now available to pre-order and includes all 17 classic Command & Conquer games which have been updated for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista. In the United States, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will be available online and at retail with the following:

• Redeemable download code for all 17 Command & Conquer titles on Origin™, including:
    • Command & Conquer
    • Command & Conquer™ The Covert Operations™
    • Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™
    • Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Counterstrike™
    • Command & Conquer Red Alert™ The Aftermath™
    • Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™
    • Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ Firestorm™
    • Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2
    • Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Yuri’s Revenge™
    • Command & Conquer Renegade™
    • Command & Conquer™ Generals
    • Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour
    • Command & Conquer™ 3 Tiberium Wars™
    • Command & Conquer™ 3 Kane’s Wrath
    • Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3
    • Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3 Uprising
    • Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight

• Best of Command & Conquer music compilation
  • Exclusive commemorative art*
  • Early access to the next Command & Conquer experience

The Command & Conquer real-time strategy series has broken new ground in the genre over the last 17 years and 17 games by combining fast, fluid and fun action with cerebral and strategic gameplay. The franchise has also recently launched the browser-based, free-to-play Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances (http://TiberiumAlliances.com), which recently surpassed over one million registered players. Up next for fans is the new free-to-play game and platform, Command & Conquer. Coming in 2013, Command & Conquer will be an online destination for fans of the franchise and will deliver a high-quality, AAA real-time strategy experience, with high octane action and amazing visuals powered by Frostbite 2.

Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will be available for the PC in October 2012. To learn more about the Command & Conquer franchise, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com. To pre-order Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com/Collection. Fans can follow the game on Twitter® at http://twitter.com/OfficialCnC or "Like" Command & Conquer on Facebook® at http://facebook.com/commandandconquer. Press assets are available at www.info.ea.com

*Commemorative art only available with the purchase of the physical version.

Click here for the original press release.

$49.99 USD? That is pretty expensive considering nearly half those games are freeware...

I'm waiting for it in EA Classics series :D

$49.99 USD? That is pretty expensive considering nearly half those games are freeware...

But this is the Collection I mean something for collectors ^^

Edited by Genera

** The Ultimate Music Collection and Commemorative Art are available only for the US version.

Great, now I have zero interest in this.

And hopefully they actually make the old games work properly on install this time instead of just bundling The First Decade...

Edited by Tore

In the United States, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will be available online and at retail with the following

(...)

** The Ultimate Music Collection and Commemorative Art are available only for the US version.

**** the rest of the world, right?

The idea is great, but seriously, do you really need to be an American to get all that you deserve for a price like that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

EA should have waited for C&C The Second Decade instead. It's a good thing that RA3 Uprising is in the list, but I bet that game is left unpatched, and so is C&C4. I also bet C&C4 still does not have an offline patch bundled with this collection. As for what nathancnc had said, I hope the older games are patched with the unofficial TFD 1.03. Still as of today, the average regular price of C&C4 is still a pathetic $19.99, even on Steam or Origin. From RA2 to RA3 Uprising, that owes up the remaining $30.

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with this. This is a good move for them, regardless of price. They need this right now.

There's one more thing that's misleading from EA's statement: there are 18 C&C games, not 17, and EA had completely forgotten about C&C Sole Survivor, the worst rated and arguably the worst C&C game of all time. No wonder why C&C Sole Survivor may be regarded as abandonware because EA doesn't support it, not since C&C The First Decade.

I wouldn't call this an ultimate collection with restrictions of not including Sole Survivor, no discs provided and the rest of the content being bought in US only.

going to get it, but still no pre order bonus for NZ???? now that is wrong. lets see if EB can get it?

hmm... download only through origin with limited extras for non-us citizens... I need/want a second copy of RA3 but at the moment the package looks too pricey to attract me at USD$50.

How about I give them C&C4 back for a discount???

:)