Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Black Mesa Source Set for Release

Holy crap!! Black Mesa Source is actually going to be released on the 14th of September. It was announced on the official Black Mesa forms yesterday..... Its not finished though but you will be able to play it.

Community Update

We're freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

• You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!
  • In the near future you'll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.
  • On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it's ready! We're doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

High-Fives Yo,

Carlos Montero - Project Leader

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=12261

I stopped waiting for this to release a few years ago, its hard to believe that its coming soon, albeit incomplete but hey its free, its better than nothing and should be great to relive one of the best games in history with a fresh new look.

• Upvote 1

Call of Duty fans are going to be stunned.

Starcraft fans are also going to be stunned.

Half-Life 2 is still overrated.

Still I think this is where most people will say the Half-Life 1 remake (now called Black Mesa) is the best PC game and the best and biggest HL2 mod ever .... over the original Half-Life 2 game. Black Mesa as the Half-Life 1 remake will be the 2012 game of the year (and 2012 mod of the year) over Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2 combined..... guaranteed.

And I thought this mod for HL2 will never be released until after doomsday. :D

Awesome. Will download when it's released (and I hope Steam has it). But if the download size is bigger than the size of Renegade-X Black Dawn, I must see download links in parts.

Edit: Not a complete mod as I thought to be, just up to the chapter of Lamda Core.

Edited by zocom7

Guess hell froze over :o

Half-Life 2 is still overrated.

Hope you're joking.

Black Mesa as the Half-Life 1 remake will be the 2012 game of the year (and 2012 mod of the year) over Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2 combined..... guaranteed.

Aaaaaaaand you're right.

Awesome. Will download when it's released (and I hope Steam has it). But if the download size is bigger than the size of Renegade-X Black Dawn, I must see download links in parts.

Get flat rate.

A friend mentioned this to me yesterday... I checked for flying pigs before heading to the internets... but yay it seems plausible!

Black Mesa is now released. The filesize as one of the biggest mods of all time is bigger than Renegade-X Black Dawn. Yikes!!

This time, I may download this via Steam if available since it's a stand-alone Half-Life 2 add-on that only requires Source SDK 2007 which is also free.

Moddb download:

Part one: http://www.moddb.com...-mesa-part-1zip

Part two: http://www.moddb.com...-mesa-part-2zip

or a 3.1 GB download via GameFront with a 7Zip file and an exe file.

http://www.gamefront...wnload-it-here/

Alternative download links: http://release.black...ad_manager.html

Edit: Steam isn't releasing this yet into their servers. Not happy. :(

Edited by zocom7

Guest Stevie_K

Let me know! Can't bother downloading it atm but I'll get to it in the coming days.

Are there any 500 MB rar split files that can extract into one 7Zip file?

Are there any 500 MB rar split files that can extract into one 7Zip file?

Haven't found any. Isn't it easier to download 1 archive? Click the link and walk away, Simple really. I downloaded the 3.1 GB in about 30 minutes. Look for mirrors that are close to where you live.

Been playing Black Mesa yesterday and bit late last night. Up to Blast Pit now. Fighting the Marines along the way, great stuff. It well made, I'm impressed with what they have done. Getting up and down ladders can be somewhat annoying sometimes though. But it was like that Half-Life 2 as well.

Finally finished downloading Black Mesa.

The first time when I load this mod and max all game settings to 1080p mode, I thought the new graphics are WOW on an aging five-year old Source Engine. This free HL2 mod that had been developed for 8+ years is definitely worth the download and the wait, better than Renegade-X.

Finally finished the game. You know what I think? This HL2 mod is definitely better than Half-Life 2 itself and I bet most people will agree. Any type of gameplay content not in HL2 is mostly seen in Black Mesa.

As for the Xen and the boss endgame, the developers are saying they'll finish them in 2013 but I highly doubt that because I think it could take more than a year or two to finish the last four chapters and minimize issues. More peculiar, I got rare memory issues that crashed the game. So much for the devs saying they're trying to make the game 100% bug free. The jumping is pathetic (requires crouch jump a lot) and the grenade throwing is fast and has too much throwing range.

make the game 100% bug free.

Not realistically possible.

This HL2 mod is definitely better than Half-Life 2 itself and I bet most people will agree.

Black Mesa is not a mod. Its not a mod for Half-Life 2, if it were it would require Half-Life 2 to be installed to play it. Black Mesa is remix (not a remake) of Half-Life.

Looks like Black Mesa isn't the only mod game to be released this year, so is Black Mesa Uplink, a remake of the Half-Life 1 demo, now already released!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa-uplink

Definitely a runner-up to the 2012 mod and game of the year.

• Upvote 1

A few years later, the Source Engine graphics are beginning to be aging, and a new countdown has begun for an update for Black Mesa:

http://www.pcgamer.com/mysterious-countdown-clock-appears-for-black-mesa

Either a new trailer, new release date or a complete release on Steam will be realized. But definitely I don't think that countdown is for the HL3 announcement though.

I wouldn't get too excited for May 5th though. If I think Black Mesa complete is released this year, it's now several years behind and I have almost given up playing HL2 mods since most of them aren't interesting to play.

Edited by zocom7